• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would divorce or kill the wh... wife, and start a grand quest for the most despicable eunuchs and incapable men and/or eunuchs of the world to marry the bastards to.
If they are boys, you can always send them for a church carreer, or marry them off matrilinearly to Adelheid or any other chaste woman.

One of them is has a positive congenital trait? Now is not the time to look a gift horse in the mouth. Sure, you're a cuckold and you know it, but since nobody else knows it (including your own character (if he did, the kid would actually be marked a bastard)), it's not really a problem.

Naturally, because being a man means taking it on the chin when you find out your children are bastards of another man and using your resources to bring them up and educate them. Being a man would certainly not include taking revenge upon your wife and her lover.
Was this a sarcastic statement? HAHA

Because being a man would most certainly be opposite of everything you wrote.

Just research and discover what a male animal would do. The male exists to pass on his genetics and he will die trying.

One of them is has a positive congenital trait? Now is not the time to look a gift horse in the mouth. Sure, you're a cuckold and you know it, but since nobody else knows it (including your own character (if he did, the kid would actually be marked a bastard)), it's not really a problem.

I know having a positive congenital trait is a good thing - but she is the only one of the bastards, and is quite far down the line of succession, so it really makes no difference to me. Even if it did though, I kinda want there to be problems - that's half the fun of the game. I hardly ever get negative events of any sort - I mean, the most exciting thing to happen in my games has been when the ai made my unacknowledged bastards into the most incestuous family ever - seriously ever, and then it ended with the attractive trait on the last heir of that line.

I seem to think all of you are missing the point.

The OP wants to roleplay. He as a ruler knows his wife got pregnant by someone else, he naturally suspects his half brother but knows for a fact his wife is cheating on him. Whether it is good for the realm or not he wants to put his wife to the sword or at least arrest her.

Whether it is the smart thing to do really doesnt matter. I agree it is silly, it seems that this event is not programmed fully and that bastards in this case should be secret basterds that you can reveal and have your wife improsened etc.

As it is all I can think of is try to divorce her, assassinate her and assassinate your "kids" with her also.

Kill the wife and lover. Keep the kids if you're old/they're good.

By that standard nearly all males (as individual cases) are utter failures. Whether he "pass on his genetics" is up to the laws of chance and the house is stacked against him.

To guarantee your personal posterity you need to break into a spermbank or something. Not father a handful of kids then play computer games all day.

its a non issue.

in reality, juts because you "know" doesn't mean anything. They're your kids, they have your name and as far as anyone in your court is concerned they belong to you.

if your wife had a happy "accident" and you married again, wouldn't be the worst thing to happen in history.

besides, there were plenty of bastard children in history that were "claimed" by their namesake fathers simply because the truth of bloodlines is that name trumps all. If it becomes a serious problem with your "children"s ability to rule/get along with vassals then have them killed, but other than that, be a man and don't hate your kids cause your wife is a tramp.

Except that there is something in Middle Ages law - and beyond - named lese-majesté. Marriages in royal houses aren't ordinary marriages, and the sanctity and majesty of the crown must be protected by ensuring that the lineage is preserved. In truth, the wife, and especially the lover, should both be legally liable to arrest upon mere suspicion, and it has always surprised me that it isn't so in the game.

Read up about the Tower of Nesle Affair in France, 1314. What made it worse is that adultery is not a reason for annulment in canon law, so you had two sons of King Philippe IV on three certainly cuckolded by their wives (and there were still doubts on whether the only spared, Philippe, was indeed cuckolded as well or her wife just aided and abetted her sister and her cousin's behavior), their wives locked away, their lovers publicly and savagely executed, and no possibility of a legal annulment for any of them to start it all over. So "loopholes" were found.

Last edited: