• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Khalid1988

Second Lieutenant
107 Badges
Oct 15, 2008
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • BATTLETECH
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Knights of Honor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pride of Nations
Hello,

This release of Sons of Abraham DLC got me really intrigued about all the possibilities to toy with the more fleshed heresy options. So I was wondering what would be the best way to try to get the heresy I want? I went through all the starting date tabs and only Catholicism heresy I was able to find from there was Cathar in just few provinces. I know that a simple solution would be to just use the Ruler Designer and to craft the Heretic Ruler you desire to have, but please share me some tips how to get the process started now when there is this new Ironman mode and I would like to also earn achievements as I play. Also a last question is that do some of the heresies have a specific time stamp after which they appear? If so, are those visible somewhere? :)

There's really not much you can do beyond educating your heir with a courtier heretic, or praying for one of the random conversion events.

Set your court chaplain to research cultural tech in your capital. Only real way to get heresies without random locations.

Set your court chaplain to research cultural tech in your capital. Only real way to get heresies without random locations.

That's how I did it. I "shopped" the Roman Catholic heresies by researching cultural techs and becoming a heretic whenever he offered, reloading the save after I got a look at the mechanics. I settled with Fratricelli in the end because I wanted to run with a counter-Papacy and counter-College of Cardinals in opposition to the real one. Just for the lulz. :)