• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm only upset at the Immortals because I tend to buy all the unit packs, and Zoroastrian games are a kind of game I play quite often. I really like the Catholic ones, though it's not clear from your post that they do change heraldry based on which order. It is clear from the screenshots from Steam that they do, tho, and they look quite good. I also often play the Reconquista, so I'm happy with the two new holy orders for that.

Regarding the historical authenticity of the masks - I did a quick google image search which lead me to some photos taken from an Islamic art exhibit. The image below is supposedly a 15th-century war mask from Anatolia or Western Iran. To me, it looks very similar to the mask worn by the unit sprite. (As I search more, I'm finding photos of a lot 15th century Persian masks with similar style) Considering that we are talking about an ahistorical military organization, it seems appropriate enough to me.

Passion-for-Perfection-Islamic-art-000-War-Mask-Anatolia-or-Western-Iran-15th-century.jpg

Oops. Almost forgot to say,the unit sprites look great!

I know this is technically off-topic, but since you guys make such lovely unit sprites (I used to collect them for EU3 :p), which are so varied now, how about more variety in buildings on the map? I know they aren't technically the same (IIRC there should be 4-5 files for a church), but I really love looking at the map. I recall sitting here gaping at the kogs passing through the Channel when you added them (and the galleys in the Med weren't worse at all), I'd have so much fun with castles and cities, especially to make village/town levels and fort levels show on the map. This would be very rewarding when you tech like mad and deck your counties out beyond and above what your neighbours have. ;)
Take note of this, guys :) (the new units look great, by the way - the best ones you've made so far)

Take note of this, guys :) (the new units look great, by the way - the best ones you've made so far)

I was going to compare them to the last pack I bought, then remembered that they're from EUIV >_<

Did the Tengri holy order get it's own model? I didn't notice it in any of the pictures if it did. : (

Nope, AFAIK the Tengri holy order unique unit is the only one not included in these packs.

All these sprites but we still can't get a decent Steppe sprite pack or portrait pack.
Don't get me wrong, these all look pretty cool (especially the Zealots, that alone will get me to buy this) but the Steppes are pretty much the second most overlooked part of CK2 by the devs (just behind Ethiopia.)

Thanks for pointing that out. :D

Sure! :)

All these sprites but we still can't get a decent Steppe sprite pack or portrait pack.
Don't get me wrong, these all look pretty cool (especially the Zealots, that alone will get me to buy this) but the Steppes are pretty much the second most overlooked part of CK2 by the devs (just behind Ethiopia.)

I have a sudden suspicion! We're missing a steppe pack, right? And the Tengri unit is "missing" from this pack, right? Well. I certainly see a pattern emerging. We're getting a steppe pack!! ^_^