• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

VolitionNewlove

Field Marshal
69 Badges
Dec 13, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
New_Jewish_Interface.png

I suppose the reason for using the Christian coats of arms and interface may be done simply due to the fact that these were the original "vanilla" designs. There is, however, a patronising belief amongst certain groups that Jews "belong" to Christianity, which perhaps does rub me the wrong way with how this DLC has been done. Mizrahim, the most numerous group aren't even featured in the game.

I suppose I created the thread to disuss the idea of a Jewish interface/Coats of Arms DLC. There has been much talk of wanting such things here, lately. Yes, it is true that Jewish characters never had coats of arms in this time-periods, coats of arms were predominantly a Catholic thing (originating likely from the Franks,) yet the same can be said of many other groups in the game. What designs would you use for a Jewish Interface, and, more importantly, what designs would you use for a Jewish Coat of Arms?

Reactions:
Zoroastrians, for example (another group, like almost everyone else who wasn't Catholic, which didn't have coats of arms) feature just as much to go on in terms of objects to feature in coats of arms, and yet still were given a group. Furthermore, their interface borrowed heavily from the Muslim interface, but this wasn't purely lifted from it.

Edit: Something I'm curious about, as well, are there any Radhanite courtiers in Khazaria? What culture are they?

I would have personally opted for a Muslim UI, with the green recoloured to blue. There's a UI in the new hotfix, but it still follows the Christian UI (moddable, though).

Concerning the coat of arms, ideally they should be based on culture: catholic escutcheons for Ashkenazi, the Muslim ornamentations for Sephardi's and the Pagan or Muslim ornamentations for the Khazars.