• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MichaelM

For the Glory lead
10 Badges
Jun 30, 2004
crystalempiregames.com
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Get it in the Tech Support forum (requires registration of your game copy).

Changes since 23 June:

- War taxes now increase manpower by an amount defined by COUNTRY_WARTAX_MANPOWER (default is double), and the default duration is now 12 months instead of 6.
- Text in the alliance list now makes it clear which country leads the alliance.
- Fixed a startup crash if not all provinces have entries in a savegame.
- The game will now attempt to use the My Documents folder for saves if its install location is not writable. If this is the case, it expects mods to be installed in My Documents also.
- The num_of_ports, num_of_colonies, num_of_tps, num_of_cots, and overlord triggers now work (they were implemented but could not be parsed).
- Commands with failing triggers no longer prevent random events from firing; presumably if the scripter had intended that to happen, those conditions would be in the event trigger.
- "AI" trigger no longer treats rebels, pirates, mercenaries, and natives as non-AI.
- Added religion_group (= muslim, e.g.) and religion_subgroup (= catholic, e.g.) triggers.
- Events whose triggers fail now use the offset to determine when to check next. Next check is randomly chosen between offset/2 and offset, with a minimum of 1.
- A persistent event with no tag defined no longer reschedules for every country when it fires for one country.
- AI can no longer colonize provinces which it doesn't have a clear path to. This matches the behavior for humans.
- Exported define PROV_INCOME_LANDLOCKED_OVERSEAS, defaulting to 10% (as a penalty).
- Fixed a potential issue with Shinto conversions and colonies erroneously appearing as Confucian.

Post feedback here!

- War taxes now increase manpower by an amount defined by COUNTRY_WARTAX_MANPOWER (default is double), and the default duration is now 12 months instead of 6.
- Text in the alliance list now makes it clear which country leads the alliance.

Checked both, works nicely. All the new modding features are always welcomed - increasing moddability gives us more options and thus glorious game remains immortal ;)

AI can no longer colonize provinces which it doesn't have a clear path to. This matches the behavior for humans.

I wonder what it means - will AI's colonies be more concentrated now? Guess the only way to find out is to test it :D Haven't played me some good FtG in a while.

Magnificent job you're doing for us, a few die-hards sire Michael ;) Will there be any more betapatches in the future with some features? Should we keep posting issues and ideas, and by that I mean, is there a chance to get more thingies implemented in the future?

Somethings definitely wrong with my game, as all countries have an increased manpower, even those not at war or mine.

EDIT: Also, provinces without land conection to the capital suffer a 1012% penalty (that's for Venice)!

Such changes I like most. This is very handy when a big war is developing. I hope that other small changes like this are considered. :)

And just one question: Can I use my old save game from WATK with this version?

Thanks for the hard work. :)

Somethings definitely wrong with my game, as all countries have an increased manpower, even those not at war or mine.

EDIT: Also, provinces without land conection to the capital suffer a 1012% penalty (that's for Venice)!

I can confirm that bug. It´s the same in AGCEEP and for countries other than Venice, e.g. here:

ScreenSave00001.jpg

Edit:
In defines.txt:
Code:
_PROV_INCOME_LANDLOCKED_OVERSEAS_=  10 #Positive - percent penalty (10 = 10% penalty in-game)

I tried to change it to 1 and the penalty changed from 1021 to 121%.
Seems like "10" is not 10% but 1000%.

Last edited:
Glad to see this is still getting some love. :)

I can confirm that bug. It´s the same in AGCEEP and for countries other than Venice, e.g. here:

View attachment 95123

Edit:
In defines.txt:
Code:
_PROV_INCOME_LANDLOCKED_OVERSEAS_=  10 #Positive - percent penalty (10 = 10% penalty in-game)

I tried to change it to 1 and the penalty changed from 1021 to 121%.
Seems like "10" is not 10% but 1000%.
Looks like somebody forgot to divide by 100.
looks around
sees empty room

Fixed bug and re-uploaded. The filename is unchanged.