• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Paddymorrow@blu

Corporal
62 Badges
Aug 18, 2008
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
... why? I am the Count of Cornwall and my spymaster has just informed of the plot of King William against me. He rates me on the friendly scale of 27/100, not great...but not bad, and I have been his steward for 3 years. Is it because I currently have no heirs and he would be the beneficiary if I die?

... why? I am the Count of Cornwall and my spymaster has just informed of the plot of King William against me. He rates me on the friendly scale of 27/100, not great...but not bad, and I have been his steward for 3 years. Is it because I currently have no heirs and he would be the beneficiary if I die?
Probably. Many players would do it, so the AI has been programmed to "think" like this.

Quite possibly yes.
You better get a kid soon then.
Then you should see if the King still wants to kill you or, worst, your heir.

ok, makes sense, so I went back to a previous save to see if my wife and I were more lucky in the family planning department ( and had my chancellor boost relation to 100 with William ) and my wife had a son, 3 days later I get the same assassination plot!!! Good news I suppose is that William has now no backers, only one from my court was made to see the error of his ways! Best keep an eye out as I am getting into playing this Count, I may plot myself for the King to have a nasty accident........muhahaha!

If you have no successor, when you die, your title will be inherited by direct your liege. So yes, the King has reason to kill you if he is your direct liege.

Ok 2 years later King William still wants me dead...but gives me the title of Seneschal??? He creates the Duchy of Cornwall, and I press him for it through an event, and he says basically how wonderful I am but I must wait...getting completely confused now, methinks its time to rollback to the start 1066 (its now 1072) and have another go...bit miffed with the AI tbh :(

well 2 years have passed, not only have I been bumped off, my wife died of consumption, and my son of the same disease 3 months later , game over, time to start again, oh well, better luck next time :)