• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Magean

Lt. General
56 Badges
Jan 26, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
I'm playing Almoravids, I've conquered all of Hispania as well as the kingdom of Aquitaine. I previously defeated a crusade for Andalusia, and now the Pope just called another one for Aquitaine.
Once the war will be over, how many years will I approximately get before the next wave comes ? I guess it's random but perhaps not completely. I need to know if I'll have enough time to complete the invasion of France.

Thanks in advance

IIRC, the cooldown on crusades (and other great holy wars) is defined in defines.lua and I think the base cooldown is 240 months (20 years), although I'm not entirely sure.

Thanks ! Actually, it's 360 months.

Maybe it's shorter for high-priority titles ? E.g Latium for Catholics and so.

If, uh, you want an easy way to defeat crusades, just attack Rome. You'll run the warscore up to 100% almost immediately. :)

Also works great for defeating the Great Holy Wars that the Tengri shaman launches. Since he only has one holding once you take that you're at 100%.

For Great Holy Wars it's only once per ruler, and a minimum 30 year interval in between each one. Wouldn't be surprised if Crusades were the same.

If, uh, you want an easy way to defeat crusades, just attack Rome. You'll run the warscore up to 100% almost immediately. :)

Also works great for defeating the Great Holy Wars that the Tengri shaman launches. Since he only has one holding once you take that you're at 100%.

For Great Holy Wars it's only once per ruler, and a minimum 30 year interval in between each one. Wouldn't be surprised if Crusades were the same.

But Crusades are also an excellent way to farm prestige and piety from battles. :D

But Crusades are also an excellent way to farm prestige and piety from battles. :D
But they're also annoying as hell, if you just want to exist next to them. The Pope once declared a crusade on me for Frisia - while the Muslims conquered France and the ERE. I burned Rome to the ground and conquered it in a separate war. After the Pope relocated to Hungary, he called one for France which I controlled at that point. That was the last crusade ever called and the Muslims conquered Hungary proper. Now the Catholics haver lower Moral Authorithy than the Zoroastrians - and these guys not even exist anymore.