• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

chizdippler

Private
2 Badges
May 27, 2012
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
Update TLDR: according to the programmer for the game, there is no way to do this.

I bought KOPP+1 for my Android 2.3 device. Played it for a bit, made 3 save files. I just upgraded to an Android 4.2.2 device. I moved KOPP+1 over to the SD card and put the SD card in the new phone. When I open KOPP it can't find the save games. I've searched for files using the file browser named "knights" and not found any files. But searching for "seesmic" did find files, so I know that's working.

How can I find my old save file and get it working on my new phone?

Last edited:
I bought KOPP+1 for my Android 2.3 device. Played it for a bit, made 3 save files. I just upgraded to an Android 4.2.2 device. I moved KOPP+1 over to the SD card and put the SD card in the new phone. When I open KOPP it can't find the save games. I've searched for files using the file browser named "knights" and not found any files. But searching for "seesmic" did find files, so I know that's working.

How can I find my old save file and get it working on my new phone?

The save file is called "data.kopp", and should usually be located in /data/app/br.com.beholdstudios.knightspp/files/

However, it seems really hard to find on some devices, as it's a Unity compressed data file. If you can find it, you should be able to replace the new save file on your new device with the old file.

I hope that helps,

Regards,
Jetamania

I don't have a data.kopp anywhere on the device. Nor "/data/app/br.com.beholdstudios.knightspp/files/". There is no /data/app/br.com... directory at all. Tried searching with windows via USB and the device's onboard file manager. Is there such a thing as hidden files in android, could that explain it?

Edit:

Tried turning on show hidden files and that did help. Found a file in /storage/extSdCard/.android_secure that is called br.com.beholdstudios.knightspp-1.asec. Mod date is about 13 days ago though, not good since I played the game on the old phone within the past 4 days. That's the only file on the device named knights.

Anyway, now that I've found what _might_ be the save file, where do I put it? I've saved my game in KOPP after installing it on the new device, so I -should- have two save files on the device. I tried renaming and moving br.com.beholdstudios.knightspp-1.asec and loading my save game and it loaded fine -- meaning that the knightspp-1.asec file is not my save game on the new device.

Anyway, I think I've found the old save game, now I just have to find the new save game and overwrite it. Suggestions?

Last edited:
There are hidden files. You can usually turn them on in the file browser settings.

However, it's also possible that the save file is compressed by Unity into some other game file, in which case it's not very easy find.