• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is great stuff so far! You don't often see Finland escape from Russia's grasp. I'll be hoping for the brave Finnish soldiers in the upcoming war against Russia! And for some swift and decisive intervention from the Germans too...

Thanks to everyone for the support, I will try to get an update tonight.

I am sorry to announce that an update will not be coming soon, my PC is over-heating, but this AAR will go on!

Good news everyone, tomorrow there is a 99% chance of an update

Lion or Bear

After the Tzar had mobilized his troops against Germany, he thought that Finland would only have a small and puny "guerrilla", this underestimation was called by foreign observers as a huge mistake to focus all armies to the Polish Front and only sending 16.000 soldiers to Viipuri, who were no match against the 30.000 German equipped- Finnish Soldiers. The main plan was to attack Ingria and if a possible attack occurs, then Estonia could be a retreating point, as they are also in War with Russia. King Aaron I had ordered that the Army doesnt join the Polish Front, so that they dont attract Russian attention. However if they do, then they would retreat to Helsinki or Estonia, but Russia wouldnt probably take notice.

1220.jpg

Aaron I biding farewell to the troops.

It was 13 hours of planning to prepare a sustainable and efficient strategy, and Aaron and company were exhausted literally, to the point that generals fell to the ground when they got out of the room, but they thought it would be worth it, after all, it is not always you see a minor nation defeating a Great Power, and achieving this victory could mean the accomplishment of one of Aaron´s greatest wishes, annexing all of Karelia...

cadorna_king.PNG

General Burläainen discussing with Aaron about Karelia.

Meanwhile at Poland, North Germany had made few advances on the border, but succesfully held off Russian offensives, even reaching Lodz and establishing a defensive line called "Eishümmer" who was deemed incrossable for its strength. These were delightful news to Finland, making its moral even higher. The Baltic Nations however were having a hard time against the Tsardom, Lithuania was saved only by NG and Letonia and Estonia were saved by Finland with a battle of 12.000 men against 6.000 Russian "dogs" this highly improved the alliance between Baltics and Finland. UK meanwhile was at war with France over Guyana, with a pyrrhic British victory. Spain was economically ruined ((now where did i hear that before)) and the Austrians took East Switzerland, damaging they´re prestige by attacking a proclaimed neutral nation.

The interesting news however was the declaration of independence by Albania, who swiftly destroyed the Ottoman garrison at Tirana and thus proclaiming Mehmet I of Albania, Finland knew the feeling of a newborn nation so, they sent diplomatics to Albania and improved relations with them. This was also a god thing for Germany who wanted a strong grip on the Balkans.

Everything looks good, but will this success prevail, follow next chapter to see!

Nice update, who are the Great Powers right now?

1.UK
2.France
3.North German Federation
4.Russian Empire
5.Austria
6.US
7.Netherlands
8.Sweden
I am so lucky that Paradox put a Auto-Save thingy, I would have killed my PC

Preview : Russia down,Finland down,Germany Up!

Finland had won, and the Treaty of Riga was signed, completely ruining Russia :
- Russian Tzar Boris III must be replaced by Adalbert. the Romanov dynasty shall be exiled to Köln
- Russia cedes all of Carelia and Ingria to Finland.
- Latvia and Estonia will get minor border territory gains.

Victory was gained but, not for long as Finland suffered the worst scenario possible...

(Just a preview guys..., I am at the hospital, I broke my left hand and even if I use the right one it is exhausting))

Last edited:
Good news, I will try to write an update (do not expect perfect) tonight!

Perfect! Something to look forward to today :D

Guys, I want to report something, I have written the update but when clicking POST REPLY it doesnt show, what could be wrong?

PC Fixed, expect update tomorrow (again)

Excellent update! :D I hope your hand gets better. :)

Does the update show now?