• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

maxirage

Lt. General
11 Badges
Apr 5, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Playing as Haestein of Nantes, I prepared an invasion on Brittinay as the game expects me to do. But right before the deadline the option to declare it disappears; I can only do generic conquest mission on the King of Brittany. I am then given no choice but to miss the deadline and lose everything. What's up with this?

It happened to me once against Wessex... I guess it has to do with the fact that either you or the target got more than 40 holdings in your realm. You can declare a prepared invasion if you have less than 40 holdings but I think that you can't declare the actual war if you get more holdings... This needs to be verified, however.

Are you sure that you didn't raise your levies?

I set such trouble makers as 'person of interest' (silver star in char portrait) when such a warning pops up, to track them back. This dude that disappeared probably got sloppy and lost his head before he could march in with his army. When you had him 'marked' you could find him back and check ;)

I set such trouble makers as 'person of interest' (silver star in char portrait) when such a warning pops up, to track them back. This dude that disappeared probably got sloppy and lost his head before he could march in with his army. When you had him 'marked' you could find him back and check ;)

He's the one declaring the Invasion.

It happened to me once against Wessex... I guess it has to do with the fact that either you or the target got more than 40 holdings in your realm. You can declare a prepared invasion if you have less than 40 holdings but I think that you can't declare the actual war if you get more holdings... This needs to be verified, however.

I certainly did not get 40 holdings, but my target did lose some provinces and was at civil war at the time. Is there a minimum number of holdings the target needs to maintain, perhaps?

I believe there is a min. of 10 holdings.