• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Spoony

Captain
19 Badges
Apr 11, 2006
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company
Hi, I roughly know what the stimulus slider options do. I do however am uncertain about a specific part of the colony stimulus. On the wiki it says that colony stimulus will form interdependent colonies, which might not always be preferable. My question is, does colony stimulus actually increase the speed at which your own colonies grow? If yes, is there a way to slow down or hinder independent colonies to pop up and still invest into colony stimulus for your own colony growth?

Hi, I roughly know what the stimulus slider options do. I do however am uncertain about a specific part of the colony stimulus. On the wiki it says that colony stimulus will form interdependent colonies, which might not always be preferable. My question is, does colony stimulus actually increase the speed at which your own colonies grow? If yes, is there a way to slow down or hinder independent colonies to pop up and still invest into colony stimulus for your own colony growth?

I think it is only for independant colonies... Though i'm not 100% sure. I guess you would get a more definitive answer on the Kerberos forums: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forum/index.php

:)

I'm not sure about this, as much as i know colony becomes independent then after the development it becomes yours. So that way you don't pay terraforming cost additionly. I haven't used stimulus yet, this is sth i read on this forum.

From what I know, colony stimulus will increase the speed at which independent colonies are created. Similar to how more mining or trade stimulus will increase how quickly the next ship/station is constructed.

AFAIK it does not affect the speed of the terraforming/infrastructure development, if it does I've never noticed it. Assuming this is the case, don't dump too much into colony, simply because I've only ever seen them colonise a system you've surveyed. So if you have enough stimulus to start 100 independent colonise a turn, but have 1 habitable planet, you're wasting a lot of money as only 1 planet will be colonised.