• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(430977)

First Lieutenant
10 Badges
Jan 3, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
The Future Yugoslav Republic of Serbia - A Balkan AAR

Ready for a Serbian AAR? Me neither. Let's go.

DgsVWCW.jpg

This AAR will be slower paced than my previous (check it out if you haven't already!), since the summer is wrapping up and my schedule is getting busier. I'll update as often as possible, though. I'll try to keep this AAR as light-hearted as possible. My ultimate goal is to form Yugoslavia and to dismantle the Ottoman Empire. Will I? Who knows.

Whoops. Accidently posted this in the CK2 subforum. Will have it moved to V2 asap.

Last edited:
I'm a sucker for long odds. I'm in.

1836: Dreams of Glory

The new year of 1836 brought a tenser than usual revelry to Europe. Many had cause for celebration, while many could not spare the time through their tears.

The reasons I am referring to are, of course, the existence of Serbia and the existence of the Turk, respectively.

DgsVWCW.jpg

The new year in 1836 had the Ottoman Empire bursting at the seams. Tension in the Levant and the Balkans, the nominal independence of the Egyptians and the Romanians, and open conflict with the Tripolitanians all combined to spell the death throes of the Ottoman rule. The Sick Man of Europe grew weaker with every day.

4Bysln4.jpg

Serbia is in a tragic position. A Kingdom of less than a million Serbs (thankfully no dirty Turk or Albanian), with less soldiers than puny Montenegro. Only one man in ten could read you their Bible. The Serbs fight with sticks and stones, and has no industry or renown to speak of.

That is why I believe that Serbia is the greatest country on Earth.

Last edited:
Good luck, I've been trying to get off the ground with Serbia lately, but no one takes interest in my crises, not even big brother Russia :(

1836 - 1840 : Please Enter the Reading Line

Serbia needed to grow itself before it could challenge the global stage. First step was an expansion of the bureaucracy. The expansion of the bureaucracy was needed to fund the further expansion of the bureaucracy.

a75pugf.jpg

As the government offices expanded, many found their homes and jobs assimilated and were thrown on the government-mandated roads. They began to protest, but were instead led to the complaint line. Two weeks later, the first one had reached the front of the line, and the mob began to complain of the high unemployment and poverty. The officials informed them that on their government profiles they were listed as "very poor", and any change to that would require them to undergo a several month-long application procedure after which they could apply to protest for the right to enact the right to apply for welfare.

AG05ebV.jpg

Serbia is equal-opportunity poverty.

After the expansion of the administration came the promotion of the Church. Literacy rates were incredibly low, lower than dirty Turk, and it was decided that through Church programs, the clergy would introduce mandatory reading standards into the church educational system.

fu9mrQI.jpg

When another mob arrived at the front of the complaint line the next August and began whining about the dangers of alcohol. Their entire cabal covered in ribbons and pro-Temperance slogans spoke to the official once he finished his keg stand. Needless to say, the mandatory drinking at work for bureaucrats didn't sit well with those hippies, and they escalated their compliment to the mayor. Their representative spoke to the mayor once he finished his keg stand, and he promised in slurred obscenities that he agreed with them that alcohol was an integral part of Serbian culture. Before they could protest, he blacked out and urinated on the floor.

dGmHMHc.jpg

In December, the government began protesting to the regional Great Powers that Bosnia was Serb clay. Very slowly, the pressure against the Ottomans to negotiate rose as the Serbian public joined onto the issue. Unfortunately, as Spain and Great Britain entered their own wars, our cries went unanswered. We returned to the clergy program.

1840-1856: Sucks to be Governor

jnpmiNJ.jpg

In Serbia, a local preacher begins preaching, and Serbia listens. "The moral fiber of our nation has been woven into a well-knitted wool sock of lies". In unison, Serbs begin burning socks and reading Bibles, and the reigning conservatives use the lunatic to push their beliefs, creating a news network centred on conservative nutjobs.

rWFG6d7.jpg

In Serbia, we like to stay on the technical edge. We have now adapted the cutting-edge new Hussars, which debuted only 400 years ago.

BWdoTHr.jpg

In February of 1844, an Albanian protest turned violent as Albanian nationalists stormed the town hall, kidnapping and murdering the Turkish governor. The Turks have reacted by imprisoning large crowds of Albanians and executing hundreds. This act of cruelty has attracted the attention of Russia, who has called for reparations. The French and Austrians rush to aid Russia, and Prussia and Great Britain do the likewise for the Ottomans.

oQmrpFH.jpg

In the turmoil, the Russians replace the Ottomans as the political influence in Serbia.

PCFz9e5.jpg

In August, Russia approaches the Ottomans with a proposal: Albania would be freed, France would control the Rhineland, and Russia would demand German Poland. The Ottomans angrily decline, and the Russians declare war.

qkTNt0U.jpg

The war begins sharply in Russia's favour, with the Russians occpying Prussian Poland. But when the Prussian army reached the Russian front line, the underprepared Russians were cast aside, and the war began to sharply turn. Russia took heavy casualties, and the war ended in October.

FlfZsk0.jpg

Seeing the threat a Europe-wide war could pose in the future, the German city-states and principalities united under the flag of a Northern German Federation.

wkEXV6w.jpg

In Bosnia, a group of Serb nationalists walked into the Ottoman governor's house and shot him with a bow and arrow, mortally wounding him. The Russians step forward, with the French aside. The Turks call the British to their side, and the British lapdogs come quick to their open palm. The Austrians' relations with Serbia are incredibly hostile, and Austrian chancellor Klemens von Metternich decried the Russian exploitation and opportunism, and offered assistance to the Ottoman Empire. The North German Federation, as a vicious rival to the Austrians, approached Russia with an agreement that would have the NGF replace Austrian influence among the Southern German minors. The proposal was rejected, and Russia offered simply the chance to raze the Austrian industry to the ground. Reluctantly, the Germans accepted. In January, the months of radio silence erupted into open conflict as the Austrians launched a pre-emptive strike on Serbia.

Last edited:
1840-1856: Sucks to be Governor

jnpmiNJ.jpg

In Serbia, a local preacher begins preaching, and Serbia listens. "The moral fiber of our nation has been woven into a well-knitted wool sock of lies". In unison, Serbs begin burning socks and reading Bibles, and the reigning conservatives use the lunatic to push their beliefs, creating a news network centred on conservative nutjobs.

rWFG6d7.jpg

In Serbia, we like to stay on the technical edge. We have now adapted the cutting-edge new Hussars, which debuted only 400 years ago.

BWdoTHr.jpg

In February of 1844, an Albanian protest turned violent as Albanian nationalists stormed the town hall, kidnapping and murdering the Turkish governor. The Turks have reacted by imprisoning large crowds of Albanians and executing hundreds. This act of cruelty has attracted the attention of Russia, who has called for reparations. The French and Austrians rush to aid Russia, and Prussia and Great Britain do the likewise for the Ottomans.

oQmrpFH.jpg

In the turmoil, the Russians replace the Ottomans as the political influence in Serbia.

PCFz9e5.jpg

In August, Russia approaches the Ottomans with a proposal: Albania would be freed, France would control the Rhineland, and Russia would demand German Poland. The Ottomans angrily decline, and the Russians declare war.

qkTNt0U.jpg

The war begins sharply in Russia's favour, with the Russians occpying Prussian Poland. But when the Prussian army reached the Russian front line, the underprepared Russians were cast aside, and the war began to sharply turn. Russia took heavy casualties, and the war ended in October.

FlfZsk0.jpg

Seeing the threat a Europe-wide war could pose in the future, the German city-states and principalities united under the flag of a Northern German Federation.

wkEXV6w.jpg

In Bosnia, a group of Serb nationalists walked into the Ottoman governor's house and shot him with a bow and arrow, mortally wounding him. The Russians step forward, with the French aside. The Turks call the British to their side, and the British lapdogs come quick to their open palm. The Austrians' relations with Serbia are incredibly hostile, and Austrian chancellor Klemens von Metternich decried the Russian exploitation and opportunism, and offered assistance to the Ottoman Empire. The North German Federation, as a vicious rival to the Austrians, approached Russia with an agreement that would have the NGF replace Austrian influence among the Southern German minors. The proposal was rejected, and Russia offered simply the chance to raze the Austrian industry to the ground. Reluctantly, the Germans accepted. In January, the months of radio silence erupted into open conflict as the Austrians launched a pre-emptive strike on Serbia.

And, and...and?!?!?

Only just spotted this, looks interesting. Subbed

Blasted necro posts... the last update in this AAR was almost a dang year ago.

Hadn't actually spotted that when I wrote my comment...