• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Konsulus

Corporal
71 Badges
Jan 13, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • King Arthur II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
Hi folks,

starting as Firence I finaly completed my ambition to let the italian people restore the Romane empire :D
In the process I also conquered most of the world.

Now I would like to play my catholic italian Roman empire in a multiplayer game in EU4. But with me having conquered most of Europe there is not realy any reasonable starting position for additional players.
Now I am searching for ways to shrink my empire to the size of maybe just the Kingdom of Italy. But granting idenpendece to my Vasalls will not be able to do that since I am the de Jure liege of a lot of them.
Without cheating it will probably not be possible to achieve what I want.

So I am searching for some advince from people who have already done similar things. What would be the best way to go about it :

1. Using CK2 ingame cheats to distribute most of my titels. But I am not sure I can grant independece that way and I dont really want to hand out empires so there are not to many big blobs on the map.

2. Modding the savefile directly and changing the owners of titles and holdings.

3. Exporting an unchanged CK2 map into EU4 and then moding in the Roman empire into North italy.

4. Some modding directly done to EU4

Any ideads which of these options would be the most doable? Thx in advance.

Piss of the vassals you want to release, wait for them to create and independence faction, surrender once you get the letter... (BUT, keep all the vassals you want to keep happy, above 80 relations)

Piss of the vassals you want to release, wait for them to create and independence faction, surrender once you get the letter... (BUT, keep all the vassals you want to keep happy, above 80 relations)

You can just grant them independence from the diplomacy menu, you know... And if you surrender to an independence faction it lowers your crown authority so that's a pretty bad idea.

You can just grant them independence from the diplomacy menu, you know... And if you surrender to an independence faction it lowers your crown authority so that's a pretty bad idea.

Unsure if you can if they are De Jure Roman.. Regarding CA, I do not think it exists as a concept in EU4? His point is just fragmenting the ERE and converting the game. I could be wrong, I have never played it

Granting idependence is not possible as long as I am their de Jure liege. Since I dont want to give up my title as Roman Emperor and the empire has de Jure right over at least greece and asia minor that is not realy an option.

Unsure if you can if they are De Jure Roman.. Regarding CA, I do not think it exists as a concept in EU4? His point is just fragmenting the ERE and converting the game. I could be wrong, I have never played it

You're right, I forgot about the de jure thing (and didn't read the whole OP :p). But CA changes one thing in EU, if it's too low, your CK2 vassals will be "independent" vassals in EU4 instead of being part of an united country.

You could try to temporarily change your religion with the console, because I think you can always release vassals who aren't of the right religion.

If you start with minimal crown authority then, AFAIK, the lands in your demesne should start as the Roman Empire in EUIV, but everything else would start as separate nations under personal unions. So either edit ye're save, lose some rebellions or whatever until you're at lowest CA, export, and bingo, Europe should be divied up nicely and you've got an excellent multiplayer game about the second collapse of the Roman Empire.

Edit:

:( Damn, sniped.

If you start with minimal crown authority then, AFAIK, the lands in your demesne should start as the Roman Empire in EUIV, but everything else would start as separate nations under personal unions. So either edit ye're save, lose some rebellions or whatever until you're at lowest CA, export, and bingo, Europe should be divied up nicely and you've got an excellent multiplayer game about the second collapse of the Roman Empire.

Edit:

Since when was it no longer "emu'd"? :O

Change your religion via console to any other then the one of your vassals, release the vassals you want to release, and then change your religion back.

Edit:

Wouldn`t that mean that the RE would still stand a huge chance to inherit those countries with a PU? It would still in effect ruin their MP game

Since when was it no longer "emu'd"? :O

Forum newbie, 'fraid I don't know all the local terminology as-yet.

Wouldn`t that mean that the RE would still stand a huge chance to inherit those countries with a PU? It would still in effect ruin their MP game

Seems like it would depend how many humans he was planning on playing with, and whether any of them were going to take over the empire proper rather than one of the provinces. Three or four human players would throw some pretty heavy spanners into the works there. Besides, doesn't Denmark start in a PU with Sweden and Norway? Yet they don't seem to insta-inherit those two countries very often. As long as they play countries that are powerful enough and make it a priority they could break out of it and break others out of it. If they all start as OPMs straight out of the gate then yeah, I guess it could be rather difficult

Forum newbie, 'fraid I don't know all the local terminology as-yet.

Seems like it would depend how many humans he was planning on playing with, and whether any of them were going to take over the empire proper rather than one of the provinces. Three or four human players would throw some pretty heavy spanners into the works there. Besides, doesn't Denmark start in a PU with Sweden and Norway? Yet they don't seem to insta-inherit those two countries very often. As long as they play countries that are powerful enough and make it a priority they could break out of it and break others out of it. If they all start as OPMs straight out of the gate then yeah, I guess it could be rather difficult

Ah ye, forgot to check your posts, only saw you had been registered since 2009 ;)

On point: I think the simplest solution would be some save-game editing, im sure the people in the modding subforum can be of help to you OP :)

I will try out some of the ideas postet here and see where thats leads me.
I will also have to find a way to create a Habsburger controlled Austria for my friend or he might reject the map (guess what his nationality is ^^ )
Luckily the Habsburger have not died out so it should be possible ;)
Thx for the advice up till now :)

If you send me the save file and what nations you want independent and maybe a weeks time i can mod your file for you. Including your Hapsburg dilemma. And any other changes you would like (with in reason lol)