• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great progress so far! Even if it is rather 'inventive'! :D

Thanks for your kind words also. :)

Honestly, every time I think I've got a solid game plan and know what I'm doing, I discover a little bit in the game that prevents me from doing it, as if paradox knew what I would try to do. Things aren't so much inventive as the are "made up on the fly"

Wow this is such a crazy AAR! Wish you good luck!

Crazy, mad, insane! I'll show you all!

Following with interest. ^_^

Glad to have you

Does Ryukyu have Japanese culture? If so, would it be possible to somehow become Shogun? Would be quite handy to have 10 diplomatic relationships...

Ryukyu is the only Japanese nation not involved in the Shogunate system as far as I'm aware. There is no way to become a shogunate unless through some miracle you can become one through rebels or revolutionary war. But by becoming Japan you would no longer be eligible for the achievement.

This is quite the AAR. Following :)

Cheers!

I remember conducting a siege against pagans (Portugal vs Kongo) with 4-day phases, so being native with negative defensiveness modifiers is really fatal for an animist country. Will follow the AAR till the very end.

Thanks. No idea how far away that "the end" is. It certainly won't be in 3 days like the last time.

Hopefully the Ming stay shattered and weak until you've wrung everything you can out of the New World. Punish them for ruining your economy and all that.

The Iron Mountains march on!

Honestly, Ming falling apart was a massive blow to me. As Ryukyu, you don't want Ming losing any territory to anyone for as long as you trade through their node.

And I adore that name. If I could roll back the clock I would make The Iron Mountains this AAR name. Perhaps a kind passing Moderator could do such a favour.

I shall follow this madness! >.<

If only the real Ryukyu got this many followers

Dont worry about Spain, they will get beated by France. France beats everyone, it's the return of BBB.
Anyway, good luck. I'd love to see the huge 'Ryukyu' spanning from Lisboa to Kamchatka. (And few other small 'Ryukyus' on Americas, Africa and Australia.)

Like this?

FF48467E48992EA16AC21EA0C70AA170567436A3

E78898DD8C6F0E634755E57F2B43EDEC3410169D

You may be a prophet. From what I've seen Spain are having exactly those problems.

On with the game! I continue to give my pagan friends some territories to grow for me. Cherokee finish off three of them and I take them back, before giving them 2 new ones to foster. Interestingly, the colonies still grew under my occupation without me paying for them. This may come in handy for future colonial wars.

rFT6o1D.jpg

pOJgZkN.jpg

I marched and sailed around Spain's lands to see how they are doing. Frighteningly well is the answer but they are also periodically waging wars of reconquest on France and getting well and truly nailed for it despite strong allies. I never thought I'd be cheering on the BBB but I'm hoping they can keep Spain in check for me. I also finish bringing the Mayans into the fold. It seems that you can demand all of their land AND more so long as you have a discount on your reasons to go to war, which thankfully I have because, hey, what else are those DIP points going to be spent on?

WAtYtvp.jpg

JUh8eE5.jpg

A quick look at the map just to get things in perspective.

6CgPqeZ.jpg

Immediate goals are to seal off all areas for European colonies and to gain strength. Overextension is going to be a killer but I really need to get conquering.
It's 1530. There are 290 years left with which to conquer...about 1700 provinces?

Last edited:
The Caribbean is likely the richest area in your immediate proximity. If I were you, I would focus on colonising the isles instead of Gran Colombia. It's not as if you're spending much money on wars.

The Caribbean is likely the richest area in your immediate proximity. If I were you, I would focus on colonising the isles instead of Gran Colombia. It's not as if you're spending much money on wars.

Gran Colombia will not give me overextension until I connect it to my capital. The Carribean will. I don't mind if Protugal grabs a few of the islands, but I must secure Northern South America. Overseas provinces of your culture also, unless I am -horribly- mistaken, cost only 10% to core.

Last edited:
Gran Colombia will not give my overextension until I connect it to my capital. The Carribean will. I don't mind if Protugal grabs a few of the islands, but I must secure Northern South America. Overseas provinces of your culture also, unless I am -horribly- mistaken, cost only 10% to core.

Curious. I could have sworn overextension is related to preexisting cores, not continents.

Just caught up to this. Great goals, I am looking forward to how you are going to cheese this one :p
No really, good luck with it. Your tactics might form the basis for all eu4-wc strategies.

Does Spain not have armies in South America? Stealing colonies only costs MMP. So if Spain would be again in a completely disastrous war against France or so...

I set up as many colonies I can until I notice...I was running a 90 ducat per month deficit! It seems that while 1 colony may cost 2 ducats in upkeep, 2 cost 5, 3 cost 12, 4 cost 20 and so on.

There goes the agressive colonization strategy ...

Reactions:
This is one of the strangest ideas I have ever seen. Ryukyuan Conquest of the Americas, from the Inside!?!?!?! Only a Genius could have thought of that, and then tried to pull it off. A Fantastic AAR Indeed!

I tried a Byzantium Ironman just for fun today and... yeah. Perhaps your AAR will grant me some wisdom in how not to fail at EU4 playing an underdog! I'm also slowly learning Japanese through a Rosetta stone, so consider me interested twofold!

This has been great so far!