• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Many Fixes, but one of the first bugs doesn't fix again.

The Mouse Wheel ob my razor imperator don't zoom the map, but i have the the correct hook to activate this Feature on the menu Settings.

Firmware and Driver of the mouse are the newest and i don't have Problems with other games...this is definitly a bug in CiM 2.

I noticed that the game is now gobbling almost every bit of free RAM I have. I installed 8GBs of DDR3 RAM a few months ago but since the update the game is now using 5GBs before crashing. I can't even finish placing a line before this happens. I'll keep testing but I may go back to CiM1 and wait for the next update.

But on a positive note, I always liked CiM2's music and I'm pleased to hear that the background music plays constantly instead of the day/night changes.

UPDATE: Nevermind, it was a custom map which used up a lot of resources (Suburbia from the CimExchange). My apologies to the developers as it's falling w/in normal RAM usage (1.5-2.5 GBs).

Last edited:
Many Fixes, but one of the first bugs doesn't fix again.

The Mouse Wheel ob my razor imperator don't zoom the map, but i have the the correct hook to activate this Feature on the menu Settings.

Firmware and Driver of the mouse are the newest and i don't have Problems with other games...this is definitly a bug in CiM 2.

Hello Developers,

the bug with the mouse zoom give it only with xfire ingame Chat activation - can you fix this?
Xfire said this is a game bug...

Thx

New update is live now!

The engine is updated to Unity 4.2. This should fix many different issues including: random crashes with some users, audio stuttering, improper shutdown. Please let us know if any problems persist!

Awesome job guys!
This update fixed some issues for me:
1. Running fullscreen would make the water disappear
2. Running fullscreen would make the vehicle, stops signs disappear
3. Textures were loading slow
4. Game was stuttering even on low graphic settings
5. The game was not closing properly

Now everything is as smooth as my computer allows it to be :D

Thank you

Thanks for the awesome update. It's running nice and smooth after an 8 hour session.

My only gripe was the micro-stutter, this has now been fixed. Very happy! :)

Thank you thank you thank you! Don´t have to force quit on my macbook anymore!!

Edit: Still the same problem when quiting the game from full screen. In window mode it works perfectly.

Last edited:
well I'm glad it is working on at least someones macbook.. i still am stuck in slow mode and cant get the speed to budge.. frustrating (anyone know how I can uninstall the latest patch until it gets tested better for macs?)

well I'm glad it is working on at least someones macbook.. i still am stuck in slow mode and cant get the speed to budge.. frustrating (anyone know how I can uninstall the latest patch until it gets tested better for macs?)

Hi matthewsrg

I know that I've had some other issues in the past and the following fixed everything:

There has been issues with the Saved Application State feature on latest OS X. Try to delete the folder in your username "~/Library/Saved Application State/unity.Colossal Order.Cities in Motion 2.savedState" and if you are experiencing that issue, the game should be able to start again.
- as posted by CO

After that I've deleted my local content via Steam, and re-downloaded the game, and it worked just fine.
Maybe you could give it a shot and see if it works?

Hi,

It is a PC, is there a game log that I can send you along with specs to help solve it the bug?
(also just to add I did verify the game cache and it was all ok)

Thanks!

(It's really good to get such good support! :))

Audio stutter fixed! Thank you, had made the game unplayable.

Still getting micro stutter though. GTX 680, running on max.

Hi matthewsrg

I know that I've had some other issues in the past and the following fixed everything:

- as posted by CO

After that I've deleted my local content via Steam, and re-downloaded the game, and it worked just fine.
Maybe you could give it a shot and see if it works?

Hi CorvinAlex

Thank you for the suggestion. I did as you suggested. No change. I am still stuck in slow speed. It is quite frustrating to have to wait to see how my changes affect the game.