• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey there!

Just so you get a good view on the Europa Universalis IV demo content:
The demo allows you to play as one of the four nations below through 28 years of history.
All single player capabilities as well as an extensive tutorial and hint-system are included in this demo.
here are no multiplayer capabilities, and please note that the ability to save & load have been disabled.
English only and Windows only.

Playable countries:

Trade/Venice
Venice was a prominent Italian Free City and played an important role in Mediterranean trade. Their fleet was important for gaining dominance over the Mediterranean Sea and securing the spice trade from India. Venice is a good choice for playing the trading game and seizing trade opportunities in the Mediterranean.

Warfare/The Ottoman Empire
The Ottoman Empire was a major power up to its fall in 1922. The Ottomans dominated land from the Balkans to the Arabian Peninsula. In Europa Universalis IV they are a strong choice for playing a warmonger game because of their cheaper coring costs and powerful early troops.

Colonization/Portugal
Portugal is a natural choice for exploring the colonization part of the game. The nation was important in the exploration of the coast of Africa and the New World. Portugal lies isolated in the western part of the Iberian Peninsula and lacks natural enemies. As long as they keep good relations with Castile they should be able to peacefully explore and colonize.

Diplomacy/Austria
Austria was a major power through the renaissance and up to World War I. The Habsburg family ruled Austria and controlled the Holy Roman Empire for a large part of its existence. Diplomacy is important for keeping the title of Holy Roman Emperor, as it is an elective title. Keeping good relations with the electors will greatly improve your chances of keeping the crown. Austria is a strong choice for a diplomatic game because of their inclination towards holding the title of Emperor.

Naples needs a serious buff. Three 1 base tax provinces and they could barely field 4 units when I attacked them as Venice. Felt like beating up a 2 province minor or something.

here are no multiplayer capabilities, and please note that the ability to save & load have been disabled.

Out of curiousity, why? If you only can play 28 years anyway, why not allow to save & load?

Hey there!

Just so you get a good view on the Europa Universalis IV demo content:
The demo allows you to play as one of the four nations below through 28 years of history.
All single player capabilities as well as an extensive tutorial and hint-system are included in this demo.

Playable countries:

Trade/Venice
Venice was a prominent Italian Free City and played an important role in Mediterranean trade. Their fleet was important for gaining dominance over the Mediterranean Sea and securing the spice trade from India. Venice is a good choice for playing the trading game and seizing trade opportunities in the Mediterranean.

Warfare/The Ottoman Empire
The Ottoman Empire was a major power up to its fall in 1922. The Ottomans dominated land from the Balkans to the Arabian Peninsula. In Europa Universalis IV they are a strong choice for playing a warmonger game because of their cheaper coring costs and powerful early troops.

Colonization/Portugal
Portugal is a natural choice for exploring the colonization part of the game. The nation was important in the exploration of the coast of Africa and the New World. Portugal lies isolated in the western part of the Iberian Peninsula and lacks natural enemies. As long as they keep good relations with Castile they should be able to peacefully explore and colonize.

Diplomacy/Austria
Austria was a major power through the renaissance and up to World War I. The Habsburg family ruled Austria and controlled the Holy Roman Empire for a large part of its existence. Diplomacy is important for keeping the title of Holy Roman Emperor, as it is an elective title. Keeping good relations with the electors will greatly improve your chances of keeping the crown. Austria is a strong choice for a diplomatic game because of their inclination towards holding the title of Emperor.

I love you.

My thread actually worked about king kong!!!

I think this demo is pretty amazing so far. I especially like that it seems to run better than and other paradox title yet. I get 60+ fps at speed 4, but in ck2 i would only get around 40 or so!

I LOVE IT! :cool:

I really shouldn't have done that, but I skipped college today because the demo came out. I was having breakfast and while drinking coffee I decided to check steam.
Now I better go back to playing it or it'd be a waste.

My game always crashes on checkin cursum during the loading page
HELP!!!

Your computer may be too old to run the game; however, what you could try is go to Documents/EU4/Settings.txt and lower the settings before restarting.

Bloody cow! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because people would change the date in the save file to allow the game to go further.

If there's a hard check (something like Date > 1510) each month or so, that shouldn't be a problem... but ok.

Too many deadlines this time of year to enjoy the demo but luckily most of them end by August 12th allowing me to enjoy EUIV for a day or two in peace.

I look forward to reading the demo reviews! :cool: