Marathon Game 12th - 17th of August

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nostra

Colonel
44 Badges
Jul 29, 2007
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
Hello everyone,

I am Nostra and some of you might know me from the Eu III Multiplayer scene in which i was/am an active member.
With the release date less than a Month away i wanted to announce my intention of starting a 5 Day Marathon game similiar to
one i experienced during my HoI 2 days.

Some of you now might think but Nostra! 5 Days of straight playing? Don´t you have a life, dude?
We will ofcourse not be playing permanently but during the Evening of the 12th to 17th of August and after that
on 1 time weekly date.

The time period would be from 20 to 23:30 CEST during the first 5 days and then every Saturday from 12 to 16 CEST.
Everyone would ofcourse be welcome to write me if they are interested either via PM here or on Steam under the Name of Feliny.
A requirment would be that you are certain of beeing able to attend all of these sessions OR to have a sub availble in case you are not.
Any player that will not show up will automaticly forfeit their nation if there is no Sub.

The General Structure of the Game would resemble a nowadays Eu III game atleast in the beginning until we can make the necessary adjustments that come
with the new won experience.

I will be aiming for around 25 to 30 players spread around the world with a main focus on Europe.
Providing atleast one immediate competitor for every nation if not several.
So if you are for example Brandenburg you should be aware that there will propably be also either a Poland or Teutonic Order.
This way i will try to create a vibrant athmosphere of Diplomacy/Action and Intrigue that will hopefully keep the Game interesting for everybody.

Anyway, as said before.
If you are interested and can make the Timeslot then write me a PM here on the Forum or sent me a friends request on Steam where i will sort you into a seperate Group for the Game.

Since this is an Announcement thread and merely for people to be aware of the Game any following Information such as Playerlists or further information will follow in a seperate Game Thread closer to
Release.

Any Players are welcome to announce their Interest to me until the 9th of August!

I hope to see you all ingame! (and that this thread might not be against the rules!)

EDIT:
Since people started to ask.
Player to Nation assignment will happen after the 9th of August and obviously announced before Game start
You can ofcourse sent me a PM with your prefered 5 nations plus maybe a short introduction about your possible Eu III or other Grandstrategy MP experience
and i will take that into account

Last edited:
Would it be possible to drop in and out using the Hotjoin function? I would like to take part, but breaks and sleep are necessary, as well as the outside, in such a summer! Perhaps some house rules to generally let the AI characters (if not so important) lie in order to allow myself (and perhaps others) to return to the game every once in a while? I would probably play as a smaller nation anyway, to limit my impact of leaving/joining.

Would it be possible to drop in and out using the Hotjoin function? I would like to take part, but breaks and sleep are necessary, as well as the outside, in such a summer! Perhaps some house rules to generally let the AI characters (if not so important) lie in order to allow myself (and perhaps others) to return to the game every once in a while? I would probably play as a smaller nation anyway, to limit my impact of leaving/joining.

The Sessions will be played in the Evenings which means 20-23:30 CEST so in the evening or afternoon to early evening for Murricans. We obviously dont play 120 hours in a row that would be insane

With the new hotjoin, you can litterally keep the game going for 5 straight days. Do it

[video=youtube;RBMdsSwNZ9M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBMdsSwNZ9M[/video]

Couldn't resist!

Doesn't Eu4 come out on the 13th?

I Derp´ed you are obviously right and the title should say 13th to 18th of August. My mistake

To everyone else! I guess it will be hard enough to find people for this as it is already. Teams of 4 for every counter would require around 100 to 125 dedicated people which is a logistical nightmare to manage!

Well, I was hoping to get into some Day1 Multiplayer Action, so count me in. For the purpose of Steam IDentification, my ID is Bulborbish.

EDIT: Also, I'm wondering if you have an idea on what nations will be available for players to choose. I can PM you a list that covers most of the Major Powers that I can see in EU3 (Though in the end it starts moving into India)

Last edited:
Well, I was hoping to get into some Day1 Multiplayer Action, so count me in. For the purpose of Steam IDentification, my ID is Bulborbish.

EDIT: Also, I'm wondering if you have an idea on what nations will be available for players to choose. I can PM you a list that covers most of the Major Powers that I can see in EU3 (Though in the end it starts moving into India)

I have a pretty good idea already but i dont want to take any options away from people and i want to see what ideas people might come up with