• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RickR

Colonel
16 Badges
Aug 23, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • March of the Eagles
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
I am new and only started M&B Warband yesterday so please excuse if this has been discuss in detail already. I am wondering if TaleWorlds or Paradox as mention anything about producing a Napoleon era single player version. I especially like that period and having had such a great first time experience yesterday - well - it seems natural. Have they stated what their relunctance to do so is based on? Just curious... - Rick

Napoleonic Wars was originally a mod that they took on and polished up; Mount & Musket I think? At any rate, Taleworlds is apparently hard at work on M&B2, so it seems highly unlikely that they're going to be doing anything else with Warband or any of its derivatives.

Napoleonic Wars was originally a mod that they took on and polished up; Mount & Musket I think? At any rate, Taleworlds is apparently hard at work on M&B2, so it seems highly unlikely that they're going to be doing anything else with Warband or any of its derivatives.

Alyiakal,
That's really good news! I hope release is soon. Actually, I'm enjoying M&B but it seems to get a bit repetitive. I say this but I still don't know how to play correct and everything one can do.

There was a teaser trailer for M&B2, but there's no word on how far it is in development. Frankly, I'm sort of glad, as it means I won't have to spend money on it any time soon.

If you're getting bored with the vanilla experience, definitely try one of the mods. I know with the Clash of Kings mod I had to make use of the freelancer function to gain levels and better gear before even attempting to recruit levies and train them into a decent fighting force.

For Mount & Blade v1.011 (the first M&B) there's a great mod called Europe 1805 v2, in which I took part in development of :) (I am Agovic from Taleworlds, now banned so can't give you a link to download since I can't see it).

There's also L'Aigle a greatly HD mod for Warband that is being developed, date of release - my estimate is around the first 5 months of 2014 or so... Dunno....

If you like Napoleonic Wars you should try Mount & Blade with Fire & Sword. It's the only singleplayer M&B with gunpowder. It takes place in the 1600s so it has this interesting dynamic with knights in heavy armor and weapons like halberds and muskets. Which means even though knights are strong and expensive they are never guaranteed to live when barraged with deadly musket fire. This is what makes the game so difficult and rewarding. Also you can have line battles.