• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Antak

First Lieutenant
90 Badges
May 28, 2012
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings III Referal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
Hi, this is my first mod, it always bothered me that ethiopian had the same outfit than the west-african, given they were more "civilized" at the time !

So, i decided to change this, and make them wear byzantine clothes from the mediterranean DLC.

Thanks to the help of iron0037 (check his Portrait Realignment Pack !) i finally made it !

So, here it is : http://www.mediafire.com/download/852gfvang519393/EthiopianClothes.rar

African portrait DLC and Mediterranean portrait DLC are required.

Please note that the headgear of female character are a bit too large for their head, and the chainmail armor is a bit glitchy, but except this, it works perfectly !

Feel free to use and/or integrate in your mod ! Just notify me by sending a PM or saying it right here !

Fully compatible with RoI !

Also, please note that it doesn't disable achievements in Ironman mode ! :)

A1uEHQQ.png

Last edited:
Hey Antak, I wanted to let you know that some of the portrait fixes that are included in 1.101 are missing in the stuff you based your work on. So there will be minor graphical glitches in your mod. If you want to update your file, it will be a tad tedious...it will probably be easier for you to start from scratch based on my next update in a few days.

Hey Antak, I wanted to let you know that some of the portrait fixes that are included in 1.101 are missing in the stuff you based your work on. So there will be minor graphical glitches in your mod. If you want to update your file, it will be a tad tedious...it will probably be easier for you to start from scratch based on my next update in a few days.

Thank you for the advice, with your permission i'll use your files then :)

Small update to improve how the mod uses the CKII folders and avoid a mess in them once the mode is installed and used, also, checked it and the mod works with the new update !

One question, mate:

I have recently added another culture to the East African group (Coptic). Will this mod apply to everyone in that culture group, or just to Ethiopian? If so, how can I add it?

Cheers!

I admit i have no idea, i think it might apply to the whole east african group as i coded "eastafrican.gfx" to look like "byzantine.gfx".

I'd suggest you give it a try, and give me feedback :)

First off congrats on a great mod a real welcomed addition . Secondly i dont have a clue about portrait modding but i really want to learn especially how to give holders of certain titles certain outfits so i thought who better to learn from than someone who obviously knows what there doing (hope the flattery works) all the best and thanks for your time

Well, it's been quite a long time since i've been visiting those forums, but RoI made me come back, and i am glad to say that this is still perfectly working, it also applies to the new Nubian culture !