• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

King Anund

Rex Navarrae
84 Badges
Oct 5, 2012
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • War of the Vikings
  • Knights of Honor
  • King Arthur II
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Divine Wind
I play Crusader Kings II in spanish and usually have to see a lot of times something like "NO_KEY_FOR" whatever. When I go to localisation files I see that these keys ar not well writter (sometimes they add a letter or there isn't one) so I ask to check the spanish translation.

Are you using Steam version? If yes, right click Crusader Kings II in Steam, click Properties, click Language tab, choose English, wait for download, choose Spanish again, wait for files to download and it should fix 99% of these problems.

Yeah same thing in PL version. What's funny, I play with English language turned on, but apparently just because I'm from Poland, I need to be punished for PL distributor errors and Paradox doesn't care.

No they won't be fixed. I tried it in the past, besides my current install is a fresh one anyway. It has to be done by Cenega, which was stated plenty of times on this forum, but they take their time. I would understand if I bought the DLCs from them, but I buy them on steam (altough I bought the base game from Cenega). It's the same for everyone who bought the game in Poland in retail. Not heard about problems with Spanish version but it's like I wrote for PL.

No they won't be fixed. I tried it in the past, besides my current install is a fresh one anyway. It has to be done by Cenega, which was stated plenty of times on this forum, but they take their time. I would understand if I bought the DLCs from them, but I buy them on steam (altough I bought the base game from Cenega). It's the same for everyone who bought the game in Poland in retail. Not heard about problems with Spanish version but it's like I wrote for PL.

You need to change language in Steam, not the game. Doing it caused the English localization files to update.
The Polish translation will be outdated, as they translated 1.01 or whatever the first version out was.
But at least your English translation will work, instead of being a mess.

It's not possible to change game language in steam. The dropdown list is gray and unclickable and it is set to Polish version.

Edit: oh wait, now it is. Seems the game was not properly closed when I tried it the first time. Anyway, I have a feeling I already tried it in the past, but give me few minutes and I will try it now.

Ok, my fault, as it is working! Thank you and sorry for doubting you. I was really sure I tried this method in the past and it didn't work.

Last edited:
It's not possible to change game language in steam. The dropdown list is gray and unclickable and it is set to Polish version.

Edit: oh wait, now it is. Seems the game was not properly closed when I tried it the first time. Anyway, I have a feeling I already tried it in the past, but give me few minutes and I will try it now.

We had his in the tech forum and it got solved. It's in the sticky there too. The last point(15) on this page: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?585481-Known-Issues-and-Solutions-to-them.

Yeah seems the solution was found after I was looking for it the last time. I didn't realize you (Zireal) are the same person that wrote this:

When I posted the same issue some time ago, I was told it is up to Cenega to update BOTH English and Polish localizations of the Polish Steam edition of the game...

I thought nothing changed since then.