• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Has the method for calculating maximum retinue size changed (currently its realm manpower * average military org tech but a tooltip in 2Coats AAR suggests military org tech increases it by more?).?

Have there been any changes to the combat system? (we've noticed an issue where single unit flanks tend to destroy larger armies basicly through exploiting the modifiers)

How do the new buildings for steppe cultures on steppes work? Are they destroyed if the county ruler culture changes to non-steppe or what?

With regards to the following Gameplay Change: - Independent dukes of certain cultures are now called kings (of "Petty" kingdoms)

Can these petty kings (independent dukes) become vassal of one another? (ie. The petty king of Mercer conquers Wessex - will the petty king of Mercer become the Liege of the petty king of Wessex? )

If you now need more than 50% to claim a title how does that work for 2 county duchies? If you hold one county your only possibility is to fabricate a claim on the other or plot to get it? That will make progress in some areas of the map slow.

Can you confirm that the save game crash and the retinue crash have both been fixed?

I noticed in some screenshots that some duchies had different Coats of Arms (As in Mercia and Wessex having different ones than Somerset and Hereford). Does this mean that CoAs can now change depending upon culture?

Also will where be a new Dynasty CoA DLC. And if there is, could you give us some examples of who's in it?

There can be religious versions of CoAs. What you see are the Norse Pagan ones. There will be a new CoA pack, yes, but I cannot say exactly which dynasties will be in it.

With regards to the following Gameplay Change: - Independent dukes of certain cultures are now called kings (of "Petty" kingdoms)

Can these petty kings (independent dukes) become vassal of one another? (ie. The petty king of Mercer conquers Wessex - will the petty king of Mercer become the Liege of the petty king of Wessex? )

No, they are effectively dukes still.

In one of the video DDs (first one I think), you passed the cursor over the religion's name in the Religion tab and a little description showed. I can't find this anywhere in the changelog, but, Is this in, and if it is, it's moddable?

The question how retinue caps are calculated now interests me as well.

Has the method for calculating maximum retinue size changed (currently its realm manpower * average military org tech but a tooltip in 2Coats AAR suggests military org tech increases it by more?).?

Have there been any changes to the combat system? (we've noticed an issue where single unit flanks tend to destroy larger armies basicly through exploiting the modifiers)

How do the new buildings for steppe cultures on steppes work? Are they destroyed if the county ruler culture changes to non-steppe or what?

The formula for retinue size has changed a bit, the effect of tech should be roughly the same, but the calculation is different so the numbers look bigger.

We have done some balance work on combat, the single flank exploit should be less effective, but Im not sure we have managed to stomp it out completely.

They work like all cultural buildings, they are destroyed if they are taken by someone of a culture that doesnt have the steppe buildings.