• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

alxeu

Hunting werewolves.
100 Badges
Feb 11, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Darkest Hour
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
Like the title says, I will be event spawning the horde in 1066 and see what damage they wreak on the European kingdoms. First post to follow.

Here we go:

LvV1fyH.jpg

Europe 1066

History as we know it changed in 1066 when the Hungarian boy-king saw this:

JJg0SxC.jpg

mgxw4V5.jpg

(Unfortunately, I didn't screenshot the Ilkhanate arriving.)

Panic soon spread through the eastern steppes as Khiva and Oghuz fell first.
XskM3jy.jpg

The next nation to face the hordes' wrath was Seljuk-controlled Persia. Luckily for the Turks, the hordes weren't working together. Despite this setback, the Ilkhanate would win anyway.
pdXgrLE.jpg

VWLgGS1.jpg

foAY0hx.jpg

Even with the loss of Khiva, the Turks continued their campaign into Anatolia, securing victory after the war to the east was over.
MpsolyP.jpg

VsrHmcL.jpg

Mr8epD2.jpg

This last image shows a 2nd war, one that would end in the dismantling of the Seljuk Kingdom.
kfVj4al.jpg

Meanwhile, to the North, kingdom after kingdom fell to the Golden Horde.
QMMTN5H.jpg

BqcIAdg.jpg

uKZEnbb.jpg

zd1eTAT.jpg

In 10 years, the hordes had pushed as far as Baghdad, but now there were stronger opponents: the Byzantines, Kiev, and the Fatamids.
alYoOVy.jpg

The warriors had, in the meantime, begun to settle down and colonize Europe.
tYLYLob.jpg

And that's it for this update. Tune in next time to see the further collapse of Europe.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ugh. Forgive the quality of my post. I'm tired.

Long live the Khan!

You mean long live the Khans, don't you. Although if the Timurids come in during late game... There can be only one.

After the hordes collapse,please spawn the Timurids :p

I've always had a weird glitch where when I spawn the Timurids, I lose the game instantly.

I didn't have sunset invasion on, but I could go ahead and spawn them in, too.
Expect Axtecs in 1100, thats my plan.

Everyone... except the Khans

You're right about that
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In history, there are those times where you tell the glory of empires, but then there are those where you tell of the devastation of empires. The greatest nations in Europe in 1076 were the Golden Horde, Ilkhanate,Kiev,Norway,the HRE,Byzantium,The Fatimids,and France. By 1086, the end of today's lesson, only the Golden Horde, the HRE,Byzantium,France, and Ilkhanate remained.
s8V5wGa.jpg

The cycle begins with the largest of the Rurikovich princes, the prince of Kiev, losing his lands to the Golden Horde. He was the only power left in Russia that could stop the Mongols, and his empire fell like a castle of cards.
icYqktW.jpg

Meanwhile the first Khan of the Golden Horde died, and unlike some ahistorical reports presented by other historians, the horde did not turn around to elect a new ruler. Instead, the greatest among them seized power, preventing a power struggle.
OUhgfPi.jpg

To the south, the Khan of Persia, Ghunan, fought one of the remaining Persian vassals, in an attempt to cleanse his empire of heathens.
F4WthD7.jpg

lNXcbrI.jpg

After these brief periods of relative respite, The Duchy of Perm and the Uyunid Emirate found themselves the next morsels for the hungry hordes. At this point England was going through a round of civil wars while a Norwegian Waldensian Boy king ruled in Lancaster.
3QtoCwc.jpg

0UJdlV4.jpg

And so the Cumans and the Fatimids were attacked. The Cumans would collapse shortly after.
rUL51ZZ.jpg

The Byzantines use the lack of powerful neighbors to their advantage, retaking most of Anatolia.
P76XDJ6.jpg

Meanwhile, the last of the Seljuks attempt to piece together an existence in Oman, a sad way for their dynasty to end.
vqNzp4v.jpg

After two pitched battles between the Fatimids and the Ilkhanate, Arabian forts began to fall en masse.
61S2vfl.jpg

Most historians consider the invasion of Arabia as the last chance anyone had of stopping the Mongols. After that, the levies from the Mongol Empires would be too much.
rjlKGXD.jpg

To the north, the threat of the hordes came home when the Armies of the Golden Horde stuck at Galich, opening a hole into Poland and Hungary.
H9lMkAp.jpg

The strength of the hordes 1086. While the growth was a lot slower in this cycle, their main enemies were crushed.
UcP0viz.jpg

49CtUtC.jpg

The Mongols' culture and religion followed their people as more Mongols settled in Persia and in Russia. Every lord in the Golden Horde was of Mongol descent, excepting a single count.
jl3zlvS.jpg

On a side note, the republic of Cherson is doing real well for itself.

Merchants always find a way to thrive...will they become a mongolian republic once conquered?

If they don't, I'll simply change around the titles so they do become a Mongolian republic.
Edit:
Update Tonight and Tommorrow based off of Central Time Zone United States

Last edited:
event 60000 is the warning event
event 60001 is Ilkhanate
event 60002 is Golden Horde
event 60003 is Timurids(Warning: Timurids causes instant game over for some reason)
events 60004-60006 are reinforcements, following order of hordes(i.e. 60004 is for Ilkhanate)
events 60010-60014 converts Ilkhanate's religion (use this to play as them)
events 60020-60024 converts Golden Horde
There are others in the Mongol events folder on your game. Cheers!:)

• 1Like
Reactions: