• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DieMuecke

Hauptmann
15 Badges
Apr 8, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
"Growing Strong"
A House Tyrell AAR (A Clash of Kings)​
by DieMuecke

Chapter I. "The Rose of Highgarden"

4p2g4929.jpg

fqas4ja4.jpg

- Mace Tyrell sits in his tent, outside the army of the Reach. Mace talking to himself

"I am Mace Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Defender of the Marches, High Marshal of the Reach, and Warden of the South. My Father Luthor was Lord of Highgarden and his Father Denys was Lord before him, we are the Tyrells of Highgarden. We rule the Reach since the days of Aegon Targaryen. Back then Aegon's dragon slew the last Reachking and extinguished his dynasty and granted my ancestor Harlen Tyrell the Lord Paramouncy of the Reach. Everytime I think about that I feel that my house owes the Targaryens a lot. We would be stewards and advisors of the Reachkings, but now we rule over this great and wonderful land that we call our home. I don't even know if there's a living Targaryen somewhere. Probably not, King Robert did a great job on killing helpless babies in their sleep. . .
No, I didn't betray the Targaryens. No, no, I fought for Aerys, second of his name, rightful King of the Iron Throne, but now this black haired drunkard sits in the Red Keep and calls himself king. King! I am going to . . !"

- Willas Tyrell enters the tent

hnj6htak.jpg

"Father. The armies of the Arbor have arrived, our armies are combined now. We should march against Dragon Stone and fight Stannis . ."

"Willas, my son, I am leading the Reachmen army and not you! I know that we have to stop this "lightbringing" maniac called Stannis, but at first I have to talk to you."

"Father?"

"You are my rightful heir, Willas. You have Reachmen's blood. Remember this isn't our war. Renly is going to be king, not you, not Garlan and not Loras. Margaery is going to be queen, that's right, but their children will be Baratheons. So I won't waste my men fighting a war, that I haven't started! And you, Willas, do you think Renly's cause is just?"

"I think .."

"No. His brother just conquered this throne from the Targaryens! There was no right of succesion! So I think we should also take what is ours."

"What do you mean?"

"The . . ."

- Garlan Tyrell, the second son, also enter the tent.

6ga69s7k.jpg

"Father, King Renly is . . ."

"Garlan! What's wrong with our king ?"

"He's dead."

"And Maergary and Loras? Are they hurt?"

"They are fine, they ride back to Highgarden and I think we should do the same."

"Yes, my son, everyone is going to ride home except Willas and Margaery. They will head to Sunspear. Willas, first lesson, never let them surprise you."

fdjtrcv3.jpg

- Mace, his son and his men arrive in Highgarden. Loras already waiting for him.

hisd3gzw.jpg

"Father."

"The prodigal son returns, I guess."

"I can't believe it. You really sent Margaery to Dorne! And married her to Quentyn Martell, you have to be kidding! She wanted to become a queen!"

"Son. I'm not going to talk with you about diplomacy. The Martells are going to be good allies, I know that. And I also feel that we need allies in times like this. Not someone like the Lannisters or some other noble house, who would kill you in your sleep without batting an eye."

"We have the biggest army, we don't need allies!"

"But if our enemies have, Loras? The Reach army is not invincable even if it's the biggest of them all."

"Our enemies? Father?"

"Yes, Loras. Our enemies. I am going to claim the Crown of the Reach. And the Martells will bend their knee like all the other lords. I will claim Dorne and the Stormlands and to do that I need allies"

"They have to be quite powerful don't you think?"

"Oh, yes and I already found them. They will be powerful, breathing fire on their enemies . . ."

zfsp8zwf.jpg

Last edited: