• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

evilman222

Sergeant
74 Badges
Jul 9, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Early 1944- The Giant Returns

In 1942, Germany dealt a death blow to the Allies. Africa and the Middle East have fallen to the might of their panzer divisions, and the allies have been driven off of mainland Europe. The only remaining threat is the British Empire, still holding their ground in India. France, Belgium, the Netherlands, all fell to the Germans within three years of the outbreak of war. The war in the west was lost. The east hadn't fared much better. The Soviet Union was unprepared for the German invasion, and were quickly routed. After the death of Stalin at the hands of a German spy, Germany set up autonomous regions, controlled by Nazi governors, in former Soviet territories west of the Ural Mountains. For two years, Europe was stuck in a stalemate. A peace that was not peace. Germany had no real threats-- or so they thought.

The chain of events that would reignite the Eastern Front began on December 23rd, 1943. Mikhail Kalinin and several other high-level political prisoners escaped prisons across Europe. One of Stalin's closest associates, Kalinin was captured by the Germans in Moscow, and sentenced to death. It is unknown how the prison breaks were coordinated, but rumors circulated that it was the work of Intelligence Minister Wilhelm Canaris. By the end of January, 1944, Kalinin had surfaced in Russia, retaking his position of Head of State in February. One by one, Kalinin rebuilt his cabinet, and reorganized the Red Army into a fighting force that stood a chance against the Germans. Rodion Maninovsky, who previously led the Soviet defense of the caucuses, was placed at their head.

Instead of their previous strategy of a deep, yet decentralized defense that relied on attrition to wear down the Germans, the Red Army formed a defensive line across the border with nearly all their forces on the front lines. A second army group was placed along the border with Germany-controlled Iran. While the main Soviet force would fight a defensive war for the first few months, Army Group South would make a push all the way to Baghdad, hopefully liberating former Allied nations as they advance. After this assault gains momentum, Army Group West will begin to slowly move into captured territory. In April of 1944, Operation Red Sabre was set in motion. Germany launched several attacks along the Soviet border, but each met unexpected resistance and was repelled. Army Group West was not going to budge. Things in the south were an even more resounding success.

In the first major battle of the campaign, the Soviets killed more Germans than they did during their failed defense of Moscow in 1941. Germany, for the first time since the 1940, had been put on the defensive.​

Oh man! This is going to be amazing to watch! :D Keep it up!
You should check out Waffles of Iron II if you hadn't already. This continues the chain of events from that AAR.

Alright, Sovijets to victory!

1944: The Summer Offensive

As the war enters its second month, we find ourselves in a very favorable position. The first wave of major German attacks has been repelled, and we are making progress in the South. Casualties are heavy on both sides, but the Soviet people are more than numerous enough to keep up the fight. On May 7, 1944, we issue a declaration in an attempt to lift morale on the front as our plan moves forward.

Part of the Treaty of Omsk stated that we must renounce our claims on all territories west of the Ural Mountains. The loss of our major cities has left our industry crippled, so retaking them will not only restore confidence in the government, but directly aid the war effort. The morale boost for the troops will be critical to the next phase of our plan. In June, I prepare my forces for one of the largest offensives in Russia's history. On June 15, we the first of our troops reach German lines. Nearly one hundred divisions take part in the assault. German divisions are disorganized, and easily defeated. Overall victory, however, is much more difficult to come by. Though they are constantly being battered, the Germans rotate their divisions in and out of the fighting, keeping at least a small force fresh at all times. This simple yet novel strategy is enough to at least slow down our troops, but it only delays the inevitable. Slowly, we cut a large swathe out of German lines and advance into Reichkommissariat Moskowein, one of Germany's four autonomous provinces made out former Soviet territories. As the men advance, Germany launches a counterattack that threatens to destroy our entire plan.

German forces launch a concentrated attack on our forces near Kirov. Our lightly-armed infantry are no match for their armor and mechanized divisions. Even though we outnumber them 3-1, we are forced to pull back. From here, the Germans could easily funnel troops behind our lines and shatter our offensive. To prevent them from leaving the territory, I order the divisions that survived the initial counterattack to launch harassing strikes on the German forces, pinning them in place. Eventually, my troops manage to regroup, launching a counteroffensive of our own, forcing the Germans back by the end of August. Meanwhile, we receive news that further boosts spirits on the front lines.

After the Allies were forced off of mainland Europe, the People's Democratic Front of Cyprus began a a guerrilla war against the British garrison on the island. After two years of fighting, the PDFC had taken control of the island, setting up an official government. Though they are not officially allied with us, relations are very friendly, proving that our influence did not die with our initial defeat at the hands of the Germans.

As the war goes on, we keep pushing towards Moscow. Taking the city would open up a passage to the Baltic provinces, and in turn the German city of Koningsburg. It is there where we will gain our revenge. We will take the fight to the Germans. For now, however, we must deal with a possible setback on the Persian front. From May-November, our forces have been locked in combat similar in fashion to the Great War. Neither side gained much ground until German forces from Africa arrived at the front. By now, well over 700,000 men are fighting on both sides, and the death toll is immense. The German forces manage to overrun my men, pushing them off of the border in two provinces. On top of this, more and more Germans are reaching the front. At this point we have two options. I can maintain my push for Moscow in the west, leaving the south vulnerable to the German offensive, or I can divert men from the western front to push back the Germans in Iran. Both could lead to a breakthrough on their respective fronts, but they would also leave the other front vulnerable. Any ideas on how I should continue?​

Moscow, it has more resources, IC and political value.

That is true, but I have a massive German force beating me back on the southern front. They're so close to my forces in the Caucuses that I could get cut off.

sub, but i have one question, it is only few months since initial defeat? don't you think this is too early? (realistically) red army in shambles, populations morale ever low, at least make it more realistic with massive 5div partisan units popping up on weremachts back :p

sub, but i have one question, it is only few months since initial defeat? don't you think this is too early? (realistically) red army in shambles, populations morale ever low, at least make it more realistic with massive 5div partisan units popping up on weremachts back :p

In fact, Communist China in New World Order has an outstanding event that could be repurposed for this AAR.

This is actually two years later. Sorry that the next post is taking forever to get up. Haven;t been able to play much due to exams.

Concentrate your forces to retake Moscow!

If you can, take the oil rich south before moving westward. if Germany can't have it's oil then they can't fight.