• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
200px-Imperial_Standard_of_Napol%C3%A9on_III.svg.png

Peace in the Northern War seems upon us, at least that is headed towards reaching reality. There are still obstacles to a lasting peace being hopefully worked out and the treaty will hopefully see a good acceptance by the peoples of the involved nations.

Although instability, chaos, revolts and civilian deaths will deeply disturb the Imperial Family, the Empire of the French will not be taking any steps to censor the news nor prevent peaceful gatherings discussing ways to better the lives of the French. The army and police are tools against external dangers and criminals, not against peaceful civilians yearning to better their nations future for their children. Instability and chaos though will simply cause damage to the flow of goods in the Empire and slowing or stopping the flow of food will cause untold suffering.

The Imperial family, top advisers and the government will be meeting and have a series of serious discussions aimed to continue the steady and safe pace of reforms that France has followed recently. Important voices that are currently outside the inner circle will be brought in and changes will be made however in the short run to be certain the people are not having their voice unduly silenced or their lives restricted by government action. The Empire is not a block to good and safe reforms and the Imperial Family is instead able to help safely guide the people from outside threats as important ministers, appointed officials, elected officials and more domestic-minded citizens take part to help guide the Imperial Family inside the French Empire. Only through cooperation from the Imperial Family, the officers and men of the army and navy, the officials, the priests, the workers and indeed all citizens of the Empire can we advance and secure the causes of Liberty, Equality, and Brotherhood.

Napoleon III ~ Emperor of the French

500px-Flag_of_Prussia_1892-1918.svg.png

The Kingdom of Prussia

My fellow Germans, we are victorious! Through skill and determination, through blood and iron, we have liberated Schleswig and Holstein and ensured their rightful place in Germany, now and forever! The Royal Prussian Army has proven its mettle on the battlefield and the Great Northern War has come to an end, with the promise that these long-disputed duchies shall never again be subject to foreign annexation or domination! Germany stands triumphant!

However, even as the war in the north is resolved in our favor, we find ourselves confronted with a new and far greater challenge: rebellion resurgent. Those fires that we believed quenched by the blood of heroes and patriots only a few decades ago now threaten to roar back to life, more terrible and destructive than we had previously imagined. It was only through strength and resolve that Prussia stood steadfast against the growing tide of violence and unrest where other nations crumbled and collapsed, and it is those qualities that we require now. While Austria burns in the fires of revolution, wracked by revolt and ethnic strife, Prussia and the other states of Germany must look toward their own survival, toward a future where we are no longer dependent upon Austrian protection.

It is my belief that the princes of Germany represent the essential strength, the resolve that we so desperately need, but also that no one state can resist the growing tide of anarchy by itself. For a time, the Confederation shielded our individual liberties, defended us against the encroachment of foreign powers, but even the sturdiest shield can do little to defend against a malignancy that spreads from within. We must have more than strength, more than resolve, in order to weather the coming storm. We must have unity, unity of purpose and of action, unity that will create from many parts a far greater sum! With true German unity, we can stand together, as one people, and hold back the onslaught of rebellion and destruction! We must stand together, or risk being torn asunder by the too-violent winds of change forever more!

Therefore, to stem the tide of fanatical rebellion within Germany, the Royal Prussian Army shall act decisively to restore order in the Kingdom of Hanover, a once-proud state now engulfed by the fires of revolution. Prussia calls upon the princes of Germany to take up our call for unity, to join with us and create harmony where once there was discord, to reject the madness coming out of Hanover and Austria and instead walk with us on a path toward a better, more prosperous tomorrow. Prussia stands ready and willing to assist its fellow German states in our shared desire to promote peace and stability within Germany, and it is our belief that we may best do so together. We invite the princes of Germany to join us in Berlin, there to discuss essential reforms and changes to the outmoded and inefficient structures of the German Confederation.

On behalf of His Royal Majesty, William I, King of Prussia,
Otto von Bismarck
Minister-President of Prussia

Last edited:
500px-Civil_Ensign_of_Switzerland_%28Pantone%29.svg.png

THE SWISS CONFEDERATION
Confoederatio Helvetica

From the Director of Finance:
This year has been a success for the Swiss Confederation. By re-committing our economy to the principles of capitalism and the free market, we have experienced a boom in economic growth, and should see major success in the years to come. It is because of the productive and hard-working spirit of the Swiss people that we have managed to make capitalism an overwhelming success in our nation.

From the Director of State:
Next, we must turn our attention to the Treaty of Peace and Recognition, signed here in Bern. It is a proud moment for Switzerland, as Bern once again hosted peace conferences, and our great nation was able to help the United States of America and the Confederate States of America achieve peace. We congratulate them on the new calm in there lands, and extend our formal recognition to the Confederate States of America, and will be establishing formal diplomatic relations in the years to come.

We also welcome our new economic partners in the Kingdom of Spain, and hope to enjoy a long, mutually-beneficial and prosperous relationship. We hope to encourage close ties between ourselves and the Spanish, and to promote increased bilateral cooperation in the future.

From the Director of Defense:
As many of our citizens have read in the newspapers, the increasing turmoil in Europe has lead to revolts in our neighboring country of Austria. In order to ensure the proper protection of our citizens, the Swiss Confederation will have to re-arm and re-establish the Swiss Armed Forces. However, we shall strive to be better than before. Therefore, I will announce the creation of the Swiss Security Forces. This will provide a powerful, unified command of all military and paramilitary organizations in the Confederation. The Swiss Police Forces, organized into a federal hierarchy to include cantonal police, the Swiss Prison Service, the Swiss Emergency Services, the Swiss Armed Forces, the Swiss National Guard, and newly created Swiss Security Agency will all be integrated into the Swiss Security Forces. This is the best way to ensure the complete protection of our citizens, and will also ensure the best cooperation between different branches of our military and paramilitary forces.

~Official Message from the Federal Directorate of the Swiss Confederation

The Kingdom of the Netherlands

The recent events in Europe, have made clear in my eyes the actions that are necessary for the Netherlands and the Dutch people to prosper. It is the people who make our nation great, this is evidenced grand glory of the Dutch Republic which ruled the waves uncontested in its height, and possessed the world’s greatest merchant fleet. These revolutions in Europe have echo the importance of granting the people a voice in how the governed, for only through the collective voice of the populace, that a nation may be properly governed.
Furthermore, I believe that the position of the Monarch, indeed my own position, in the government must change to reflect the modern nation state. The Monarch shall now serve to confirm the decisions of the Estates-General and invite a member of the Estates-General to form a government. The primary powers to be reserved to the Monarch shall be the ability to dissolve parliament and appoint a prime minister to fulfill the role of the executive in the nation’s government, similar to the system used in the United Kingdom. Thus the position of the Monarch in terms of affairs of state shall be similar to that of Stadtholder of old and the position of the Monarch in the United Kingdom.
It is at times like this that I am reminded of my forefather, the Great Stadtholder, William the Silent, and the role he played in securing the independence of the United Provinces from the yoke of monarchies of day. I am also reminded of how the guiding hands of my forefathers helped our nation reach its golden age, an age that I believe will come again. We shall forever be a nation that desires to glimpse over the horizon, and feel the spray of the sea, for it is in our blood. Just as it is in our blood for the people of the this great nation to have a voice in its affairs.
However, unlike the British Parliament, the Estates-General shall represent the voices of every Dutch Citizen. As such universal suffrage shall be extended to every Dutch Citizen that has reached the age of majority. It is from this basis of popular sovereignty that the Estates-General shall be elected, and it is on this basis that people of the Netherlands shall have their voices heard.
Furthermore, may those that believe in these ideals and desire a peaceful life forever find refuge in the Netherlands. Where they shall be able to freely voice their opinions and act to shape the nation’s policy such that the will of the people is embodied, once they become citizens.
It is my firm belief that this transition to popular sovereignty will be in the interest the Netherlands and her people. It is also my belief that by placing control of the government in the hands of the people will reinvigorate the nation, and allow it to recapture the light that shone upon the Dutch Republic. Once again the Netherlands shall be a shining light of liberty for both Europe and the World.
May God Bless this nation and may her ships always sail with the weather gauge!
~King William III of the Netherlands

papal-keys-166x225.png

In sacra Dei
Pius PP. IX, episcopus servus servorum Dei, in sacra Dei conati sumus feceris quod rectum est.

In the promotion of righteousness it has been our pleasure to bestow temporal recognition of sovereign powers that have been found worthy; for the purposes of recognising and promoting those nations of good and proper Christian spirit. However it have come to our grieving attentions that this policy has caused much strife upon the face of the Earth; in addition to our nullification of the coronation of Francis-Joseph our beloved son which has gone protested and unrecognised by his state. Those protestations have been such that we feel that it is time to reassess and affirm the position of the Holy Church in regards to matters temporal.

We, in our position as Supreme Pontiff of the Most Holy, Apostolic, and Catholic Church reaffirm our temporal sovereignty over the lands of the States of the Church as given unto us in the Donations of Pepin in the year 753; and furthermore re-assert the ancient rights of the Supreme Pontiff as both Pontifex et Rex with temporal and everlasting authority over those States of the Church. These rights -which extend onwards over all the persons and institutions of those States, as the God-given rights of a sovereign- are god-given and everflowing. We also express once more the all-encompassing and undeniable spiritual rightness and authority expressed in the bull Unam Sanctam; namely that as the unity of the body of the Church is the unity of its head established in Saint Peter and his successors. Consequently, all who wish to belong to the fold of Christ are placed under the dominion of Peter and his successors as the highest and indisputable spiritual authority.

We are informed by the texts of the gospels that in this Church and in its power are two swords; namely, the spiritual and the temporal. However recent events had made clear that that mighty temporal sword of the Church which so long kept peace and dominion over the nations of Europe has passed from its time. Ancient powers of this office appertaining to the civil governments and the crowns of Europe are now serving as a barrier to the peace of Europe and the effective exercise of our still more-important spiritual authority. In order to strengthen and nourish our spiritual authority given to us by God, and to ensure an effective peace throughout the states of Europe we do promulgate the following:

• That the office of the Papacy and the divine authority it exercises extends over all the saved of the Earth, who have entered into communion with the Roman Pontiff
  • That the temporal authority of the Roman Pontiff should and indeed does extend eternally over those lands of the Donation of Pepin given unto this office; specifically the ancient see of Rome and the province of Lazio
  • That the Papacy henceforth renounces civil authority and power of non-spiritual or civil decree over all other sovereign crowns; the Monarchs of those nations being trusted by virtue of their divinely-given authority to act responsible in shepherding their people
  • That the States of the Church, as a sovereign and civil entity, shall by virtue of the exalted position of the Pope and King, the Sovereign Pontiff over the spiritual salvation of all human creatures (c. Unam Sanctam) are disposed to henceforth be compelled to take a position of neutrality on the civil affairs of the Earth
We take care however to reserve some key prerogatives of functioning statehood and international diplomacy; such as the recognition of states and nations. We also take it upon ourselves to elaborate on the matter of the Jus Exclusivæ which has for centuries been claimed by the Monarchs of France, Austria, and Spain. This right has never before been formally recognised as legitimate, and was last exercised in the Papal Conclave of 1830. However as ill-health continues to plague our august person it behooves us to contemplate the matter of this veto in Conclave. Specifically we keep in mind the words of God as expressed in the Holy Bible, Proverbs 8:15-16:
By me kings reign and princes decree justice, by me princes rule and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.
While to say that the spiritual authority of Kings and Princes ranks above that of this holy Office or that of the Cardinals would be absurd; it is clearly expressed in gospel and scripture that the crowned heads of the Earth do in the absence of the Supreme Pontiff exercise the right of limited spiritual authority by virtue of their divinely-appointed position. It is therefore right and proper that if they should in their wisdom find an objection in the election of an esteemed cardinal; that this objection be recognised and taken into consideration in future conclaves.

Finally, we in concurrence with the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura do pass sentence upon those Cardinals recently involved in the travesty of the assault on my person and the death of the Cardinal-Archbishop of Esztergom; these sentences being in ferendae sententiae:

• All those involved in the assault are hereby excommunicated in vitandus
  • All those excommunicated are hereby permanently and irrevocably relieved of their offices and liturgical duties
  • Former Cardinal-Archbishop von Rauscher is hereby declared anathema
  • All those involved in the attack are sentenced to death; hereby commuted to life imprisonment
These sentences pain us deeply; but have been deemed necessary for the execution of justice. It is our hope that this letter will clarify the position of the Church on certain matters and will serve to advance mutual understanding and peace across Europe and the world. We pray that all peoples find peace in these turbulent times.

Ego Pius PP. IX., Catholicae Ecclesiae Episcopus do hereby communicate this letter to all bishops and ecclesiastes of the Earth,

Given at Rome at St Peters on the 21st of June, 1866, in the nineteenth year of our pontificate,

Pius PP IX

206px-Pio_Nono.svg.png

it-1897m.gif

People of the Lord, we have been transgressed against. The actions of the Austrian Emperor flies in the face of God and the Pope. We, as true Catholics and true Italians, cannot allow some earthly mortal such as Franz-Joseph acting in the eyes of God.

In my authority as King of Italy, which has been divined to me by God Himself, I hereby intervene in Austria to protect the authority of the Pope across his Austrian realms and to assist Hungary in their quest for independence.

I ask for a Papal Blessing of the Holy Right of the Kingdom of Italy in assisting the Catholics in Austria and the wayward Hungarians searching for freedom from the Fallen Emperor.

Viva il Regno Italia

King Vittorio Emanuele Maria Alberto Eugenio Ferdinando Tommaso di Savoia II of Italy​

Flag_of_the_Papal_States.gif

States of the Church
While His Holiness expresses the pious sentiments expressed by His Majesty, King Vittorio, the recent declaration of neutrality promulgated in the encyclical In sacra Dei makes it impossible for His Holiness to bestow a blessing on His Majesty's new endeavour; however His Holiness encourages the ecclesiastes of Italy to promote the war effort as their own conscience and national pride dictates. And in a similar although unrelated vein His Holiness formally recognises the Kingdom of Italy as defined by its de facto borders, and seated in the city of Florence and recognises King Vittorio Emanuele as it's Sovereign.

His Holiness assures his good and faithful children in Austria not to fear; and that he has the utmost confidence that the Kingdom of Italy is only acting out of piety towards the Holy Church, and that they will not be harmed.

In Christ,

His Eminence, Giacomo Antonelli;
Cardinal Secretary of State for His Holiness,
Pius PP IX

500px-Union_Jack_of_Sweden_and_Norway_%281844-1905%29.svg.png

Scandinavian brothers, we fought bravely. The odds were never with us, but our duty called upon us to fight. We fought with pride, discipline and complete belief in the idea of Scandinavism. Heroes have been born and great deeds were performed. Marshal Gillis Bildt is the hero of all Scandinavians, a man who never faltered from his duty as a Scandinavian and his duty to the monarchy. I hereby name Gillis Bildt a Knight of the Royal Order of the Seraphim, for extraordinary actions to his King and People. May he inspire us in the coming days.

Some say that we were defeated in Denmark. I call them liars. This was no defeat. It was a lesson. A harsh lesson, taught with the blood of thousands, but still a lesson that we must take to heart. We must not stand divided or unprepared. There are plans set for the coming months and years, plans that I very much look forward to watch grow and prosper. War has been fought and now is the time for peace and steady growth. I have full confidence that these plans will establish a strong people led by their humble monarch.

The stirrings that have been brought upon Europe by the foolish actions of Austria are disturbing, but I have every belief that Scandinavians are loyal to their monarchy and have no wish to see stability and order be replaced with civil strife and bloodbaths. We are a civilised people with old traditions and a progressive spirit. Take pride in this fact and stand united.

To end this message I announce the demobilization of all armed forces.

- King Karl XV of Sweden and Norway

Events of the World: 1866

Europe

Sweeping changes were to take place in the Royal Navy, as it was seen fit that the Lord High Admiral was to be officially appointed, and it would be Sir Alexander Milne who was appointed, giving him control of the Royal Navy as a whole. The old Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty were soon changed and formed the Council of the Lord High Admiral, becoming an advisory board for the Lord High Admiral. Sir Milne soon began a sweeping set of reforms, some which had never been seen before across the Royal Navy. Many of the structural changes were matched with physical changes, bringing Screw and Steam-powered ships to take their place as the top type of ship within the Royal Navy. Any ideas, as well as any Admirals, who advocated for sail power were silenced, as these massive changes began to take effect, many planned for at least a few years into the future.
[-£35,633,963 to the United Kingdom. +2 Naval Levels a turn for 3 Turns to the United Kingdom.]

The Irish Home Rule Act sails through the British Parliament, affirming that, once and for all, that Ireland was an integral part of the United Kingdom, but that they could be trusted with their own affairs, that dealt with Ireland and Ireland alone. The Secretary for Ireland was appointed by Queen Victoria. The Irish people heavily welcomed this change, as did the people of Great Britain, seeing this as a good leap forward for both islands, united as one nation,
[+0.12% Population Growth to the United Kingdom. +0.35% Economic Growth to the United Kingdom. +20 Prestige to the United Kingdom.]

In France, Baron Haussmann continues with his plans and reforms for Paris, many of which had already been completed. The Imperial Government looks to continue to support these reforms, giving Haussmann large amounts of loans. While some did speak up against these projects, saying they were the sign of an Authoritarian Regime, many supported Haussmann and Emperor Napoleon III in their efforts.
[-£5,205,098 to France. +5% Public Support to France. +0.15% Economic Growth to France.]

Portrait_haussmann.jpg

Baron Haussmann, the architect of Paris’ Revival.

Attempts to improve the quality of health around France ends up in failure, as much of the money is instead siphoned off to various Imperial offices, leaving many health clinics not opening at all, and the ones that did were so underfunded, they did more harm than good.
[-£5,720,128 to France. -0.14% Population Growth to France.]

In an attempt to try and steer some of the attention away from the lack of progress in fixing health problems in France, the government lowers taxes across the board, and soon, millions of French citizens no longer had to shell out massive amounts of money each year to the government, greatly boosting the popularity of the Emperor and the government.
[Tax Rate lowered in France. +11% Public Support to France.]

In a massive blow to the French, many of the plans they set forth for the massive topography survey were destroyed in a fire that ravaged through Paris, putting the building that housed these completed plans all up in flames, as well as all of the copies that were being made of them. For all of the work the French had done, it floated away into the atmosphere, unusable.
[-£2,205,620 to France.]

Many questioned the moves of the Spanish Government in the Summer of 1866, as it begins to issue statements of support for the Republican Revolutions that flare up across Europe. Many believed that they wished to try and encourage the people to accept more liberal reforms. By embracing this, they seemed to be willing to sign their own death warrant. The government’s tune quickly changed when rebels seized and captured the city of Córdoba, proclaiming that the deranged Monarchy supported their own deaths. They declared the Spanish Republic, but there was little more movement to fully support it, and as of now the only real problems were sporadic protests across the country.
[-8% Public Support to Spain.]

Even with a nagging rebel problem, the Royal Institution for Mineral Exploration is founded in Madrid, and they soon spread out across the country, looking for some mineral resources and other goods to exploit and to strengthen the Spanish Economy. The economy was already going along at a good pace, and the discovery of some virgin deposits of coal and iron helped to spur new mines and other adventures there.
[+0.48% Economic Growth to Spain.]

Tariffs on industrial goods are passed in Spain, called the “Spanish Industrial Protection Act of 1866”, quickly brings more growth to the struggling Spanish industries, many of which had been undercut by British industries. By doing this, Spain was able to experience a good amount of industrial growth, as British growth shrunk due to the loss of an entire market.
[+0.75% Economic Growth to Spain. -0.16% Economic Growth to the United Kingdom.]

In Portugal, most liberal unrest takes the form of a short bout of intense protests, which while intimidating while they lasted, seemed to subside as the year went one. While the people’s sentiments seemed to flare at times, the country escaped any open rebellions like their Spanish neighbors were experiencing. Towards the end of the year, however, this seemed to change, as reform-minded intellectuals presented Parliament with a list of demands that seemed to be generally supported by the people, including universal male suffrage, more centralized government, and a reduction of the roles of the monarch and the dukes in politics.

One of the Portuguese ways of combatting unrest and dissatisfaction with the monarchy was holding a cultural fair in Lisboa. It was full of displays and artifacts, documenting Portugal’s history, its accomplishments, and that of the monarch’s. While it hadn’t swayed the people from their reformist attitudes, it certainly contented them, and a new burst of nationalism overtook Portugal.
[+20% Support to Portugal.]

A motion in parliament to reform the Portuguese tax code fails, as many are concerned that any kind of change in taxes, which were currently very low and manageable to the general populace, would harm the fragile stability that the nation was feeling.

The Portuguese Navy is also expanded to include three new ships-of-the-line: the Lisboa, the Beja, and the Faro. The nationalist mood of Portugal strongly supports this expansion of the Portuguese Navy, and the workers in the shipwrights seem to be working at an amazing rate.
[-£1,385,459 to Portugal. +5% Public Support, +3 Ships-of-the-Line in 3 turns.]

The Belgian Foreign Office, running out of London and Paris, begins to try and promote Belgium as a place to invest in. While it did not have the effect the Belgian Government wished, some French and British companies began to expand into Belgium, taking control some of their economy, but at the same time expanding it.
[+0.35% Economic Growth to Belgium.]

Continued attempts to streamline the Belgian Bureaucratic apparatus doesn’t seem to achieve much, as the government ended the year hiring more people than they fired in order to ensure that people were fired correctly. Nevertheless, the Belgian Government spent more money in the year of 1866.
[Higher Government costs to Belgium.]

With the recent speech of King William III in mind, the Dutch Political system was given a complete overhaul, with new, much more liberal, provisions being passed. Universal suffrage was passed, but with the stipulation that is only applied to makes was also added in. The minor demonstrations against the Dutch crown ceased, as many people supported the new changes, bringing the Netherlands forward as one of the few liberal monarchies in Europe.
[+28% Public Support to the Netherlands.]

Negotiations continued between the Portuguese and the Dutch, over the terms of a treaty dealing with the recent conflicts between the two nations.

With the Hanoverian Army under siege from two sides, Prussia and the Republicans, many ships quickly made their way to Rhine ports, purchasing a large amount of weapons and arms for the government. It was their misfortune, however, that a shipment of these arms, quality Prussian ones, fell into the hands of the Republicans, which quickly overtook the city of Stade, and proclaimed the creation of the Republic of Hanover.
[-£2,520,702 to Hanover. +4% Equipment to Hanover.]

The Hanoverian Government, now desperate for a win with the Scandinavian Kingdoms peacing out, calls upon all states within the German Confederation to declare war on Prussia. Most of the crowned heads fully supported Prussia, wanting closer cooperation, and this was brought about due to the massive surge in Republican support. As the summer approached, one by one, monarchs in Germany lost their thrones to the Republicans. King John of Saxony saw himself overthrown by Republicans, proclaiming the Republic of Saxony. Radical idea flowed across Germany, as German Nationalism and Radical Republicanism clashed head on.

To make matters even worse, the Hanoverian Government, headed by the faltering George V, ordered that money and weapons be given to Polish partisans. Using their ability to ship across the Baltic, weapons were unloaded in Russia and East Prussia. Meetings in Posen and Warsaw erupted into full-scale revolt. The Russian 1st Army, stationed in Warsaw, was quickly ejected from the city, taking heavy casualties as nearly every Pole seemed to be a combatant. A wave of Nationalism erupted across Poland, causing the already heightened revolts to go into a frenzy.
[-£1,620,178 to Hanover.]

With the ending of the Schleswig War against Sweden, the Prussian war machine was now fully capable of dealing with the troublesome Kingdom of Hanover. The 1st Army was brought down from the north from Schleswig-Holstein – a whole 180,000 men – to reinforce the 200,000-strong 3rd Army. Field Marshal von Moltke arrived and relieved Generalfeldmarschall von Blumenthal from command, taking full command of the several hundred-thousand strong force now bearing down on Hanover. The 3rd Army advanced quickly and arrived at the gates of Hanover. While the guerrilla warfare that King George had put in place had been effective for stalling the Prussian advance, it could not hold them off for long. Moltke besieged the city on August 16th with over 300,000 men, one of the largest single armies seen since the days of Napoleon.

The Prussian artillery quickly began to go to work, their superior design and training of the crews quickly making their mark on the Hanoverian fortifications. By the 23rd von Moltke had spotted a weak spot in the Hanoverian fortifications: a small gap near the south wall. He ordered 40,000 infantry to run into that gap and to take the city within the hour. Even with Hanoverian artillery and musketfire raining down on the Prussians – though inaccurate and sparse – the Prussians continued on, total victory in their sights. The black eagled-banner was flying high everywhere one looked; where one flag bearer was shot down by enemy fire, another would quickly run to take his place. It was a rallying point that gave the Prussian advance massive momentum, and they poured through the gap in the fortifications of the city. Within barely an hour the city had been secured, and the royal family had been secured. Moltke's troops were even able to secure a Hanoverian supply dump, filled with Prussian weapons that had been captured earlier in the year.
[-11,302 conscripts to Hanover. -4,249 regulars to Prussia, -8,673 conscripts to Prussia. -3% equipment to Hanover, +3% equipment to Prussia. Hanover has no regular troops. Hanover annexed by Prussia. Rest of Hanover is now the Republic of Hanover]

Moltke, successful in the taking of the enemy capital, now went about destroying resistance to Prussian occupation and attempting to push west. While the guerrilla-style warfare of the enemy proved difficult to overcome, von Moltke was, regardless, able to secure much of the surrounding fields and hills, and even pushed further west a bit, rooting out guerrilla irregulars and conscripts as he went.
[-2,954 conscripts to Hanover. -3,817 regulars to Prussia, -5,721 conscripts to Prussia.]

The King of Prussia, following the success of stamping out a large majority of resistance in Hanover, ordered almost 100,000 men on garrison duty, to root out republicanism and to deal with any threats to the stability of fellow German states. These troops were hugely successful, especially in Prussia proper, where almost any semblance to republicanism had been dealt with effectively.
[-8,163 regulars to Prussia. Militant republicanism almost eradicated in Prussia. +6% public opinion to Prussia. Several neighboring German states look very favorably to Prussia]

6330138559_c5cb858699_z.jpg

Prussian troops on occupation duty

In the German Confederation, along with John of Saxony being overthrown, King Charles I of Württemberg was removed from his throne, with the Free Republic of Württemberg being proclaimed on July 20th, 1866. This spread to Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, which became the next Monarchy to topple and falter underneath the burdens of the Republican forces.

The Prussian Army, looking to try and improve their fighting capabilities, implements the new, and improved, Dreyse Needle Gun design, which would replace most of the arms of the army. It was to the misfortune of the Prussians, however, that doing such a thing in the middle of a war was not the smartest idea, and few knew how to use the gun effectively. The costs were immense, and the army was not up to par during the ongoing fighting, a mistake that might come to hurt them.
[-£11,040,762 to Prussia. -1 Army Level to Prussia. +2 Army Levels to Prussia in 2 turns.]

With the Swedish blockade still in effect, and while it seemed possible it might be lifted soon, the Prussian Government undergoes one of their most ambitious projects yet. With the continued improvement of the Prussian railway system, they now looked towards new and ambitious changes. Super-heavy rail, wide gauge, and capable of hauling massive amounts of goods, are to be laid down in East Prussia and the Rhineland. Cost estimates were immense, but the Prussian Government surged forward with their spending, taking out loans and issuing bonds. With the new gauge, and the new rails, new cars, new trains, and nearly everything had to be built from scratch.
[-£30,187,557 to Prussia. +1 Infrastructure to Prussia in 3 turns.]

Even with this spending, the Prussian Government continues to look towards Prussian Industry, especially Krupp and other military production factories, to try and supply the Prussian Army to its fullest extent. The adoption of the recent rifle, however, brings few of these companies able to fulfill the orders by the Prussian Government, and nearly all of them are simply turned down.

The Treaty of Flensburg was signed between the various powers at war, which showed that the German Confederation, as it existed, was no longer a real institution, seeing as it held no real authority. The Treaty itself was fully endorsed, with Denmark returning to peace. As it would be, the stipulation that Prussian soldiers be stationed in Denmark caused massive unrest at home, but King Christian hoped that doing so would have saved his ability to remain on the Throne. He underestimated the movement, however, as all of the Prussians were murdered, along with the King, and the Republic of Denmark was proclaimed.
[-10,000 Regulars to Prussia.]

In Switzerland, the Swiss Security Forces are established, with re-established the Swiss Armed Forces, which looked to once again be a force in Switzerland, as a safeguard against violence spilling over into the country.
[+10,000 Regulars to Switzerland.]

The Swiss Armaments Manufacturing Corporation was once again tasked with a new mission. This time they began to develop a new rifle to be used by the Swiss Army.
[+1 Army Level to Switzerland.]

The School Act of 1866 is passed in Italy, with two distinct stipulations to them. The first of which was the fact that Northern cities would have more urban-focused schools, that taught an entirely different set of curriculum than in the South, which had a more rural focus. Southern Italy, which was far more rural that its northern counterpart, saw this nothing as a method to try and suppress them, and keep them from advancing like the rest of the country. Fueled by the revolts across Europe, many riots broke out in Southern Italy against the Italian Government.
[-£845,702 to Italy. +10% Education Rate to Italy in 3 turns. -11% Public Support to Italy.]

With the unrest in Southern Italy, the ships that were meant to be built in Napoli, where instead built in Northern Italy, further angering the people in Southern Italy against the Italian Government.

The Italian Parliament passes the Newspaper and Print Act of 1866, lifting all restrictions on any types of newspapers formed. The first newspaper registered after this act was passed was called “The Independent Napoli”, which advocated for the separation of Southern Italy into a new, Republican government. Many editorials were penned, and emotions flared, as the ideas of a Republican Naples and a Republican Sicily slowly gained more support.
[-5% Public Support to Italy.]

The Italian Army, moving to begin their movements into Danubia, quickly takes control of Trentino from the Danubian Army. They began to quickly move further into Istra, where they met the first elements of the Danubian Army. The 1st Republican Guard of the Commonwealth was informed of the movements of the Italian Army, and quickly moved in a defensive position to stop it. Upon news that these were Republicans in Danubia, and the fact that the Italian Government was supporting them, riots exploded in Southern Italy, to the point where the United Republics of Naples and Sicily declared their Independence from the Kingdom of Italy, saying the differences between the two countries could no longer be tolerated, and that the Italian Government was immoral and wrong with their assaults on Republicans. The United Republics quickly announced their support for the Commonwealth of the Danube, and declared War against the Kingdom of Italy.

Even with this revelation, the Italians are able to beat the Danubian Army, and they quickly take control of Istria as well, while at the same time attempting to begin a defense against the United Republics, which was still attempting to pull together an army. The former King of the Two Sicilies, still popular, and new riding on a wave of Southern Italian nationalism, is elected President of the United Republics, where he vows to fight for Sicily and Naples, and to preserve the new Republican government from the terrors of the North.
[United Republics independent from Italy. Sneakyflaps plays the United Republics.]

The Vatican Council is held in Rome, with a weak and frail Pope Pius IX overlooking it. Supreme Papal Authority over all the Catholics, along with Papal Infallibility, are all confirmed in this session, if just out of pity for the frail Pope, who enjoyed a very large amount of respect and sympathy for his situation. Many thought, however, that the results of this Vatican Council would be ignored when the next pope took office.

In a bid to try and show that he was in good health, the Pope travels the streets of Rome, giving speeches, holding masses, and listening to the people. For the misfortune of the Pope, however, after a few months of this routine, he collapsed while holding Sunday Mass, and was not seen for the rest of the year. He was confined to his bed, and while alive, he had broken several bones, and his health simply wouldn't recover.
[-4% Public Support to the Papal States.]

In response to both the health of the Pontiff and the peaceful demonstrations around the Church land, the Basic Law for the States of the Church was formed, allowing for a highly Christian and somewhat Democratic reforms to be enacted around the country. The Council of Clergymen was formed, a democratic Institution that required someone to be loyal to the Church and the Pope to be elected, but they were elected by the people themselves. This was a widely popular change in the country, and thousands expressed their support for the changes.
[+12% Public Support to the Papal States.]

With the wave of revolutions sweeping across Austria and Europe, the Kaiser Franz Joseph, without much support in Austria proper, quickly abdicates the Throne, in an attempt to save his faltering country. The measure was followed with the announcement that the Commonwealth of the Danube had been proclaimed in Wien. The Kaiser and the Royal Family, fearing for their lives, arranged the last remaining remnants of the Austrian Navy loyal to them, gathered what loyalists they could, and made their way to the Brazilian Empire, a nation with which they held ties with. The Kaiser was given residence in the Palácio de São Cristóvão, until another one could be created for the Habsburg Family. In attempts to keep the new Commonwealth of the Danube together, former interior Minister Anton von Schmerling was elected President of the Commonwealth, in hopes to unite Austria through various Liberal and Republican reforms. The Austrian Army, which had sworn loyalty to the new Commonwealth, only saw a few people abandon armed service.
[-20,000 Regulars to Austria. Watercress now plays the Commonwealth of the Danube.]

Franz_Joseph_of_Austria_family_portrait.jpg

Kaiser Franz Joseph and his family, after they left for Brazil.

Along with the Austrian Royal Family, all British subjects currently in Austria simply begin to evacuate it. The British Navy, reinforced by the Channel Fleet, quickly moves into Trieste, and helps the Habsburgs with safe passage out of the Adriatic Sea, and they simply evacuate the entire area. Many monarchists plead the British to take them with them, to get away from new Danubian state. They do help them, and the British steam away, leaving the Adriatic on August 18th, 1866.

President von Schmerling’s Government quickly began to pass a flurry of legislation, lowering the tax rates and the tariff rates that were passed by the Habsburg government. Many of the nobles, who had seen their money taken, and their wealth destroyed at the hands of the Habsburgs, simply throw their support behind the new government, hoping that something, anything, was done. The government also takes out a large amount of loans to help finance the nation. The simple act of doing something to help the government, along with the fact that there was little more room for the Danubian Economy to shrink, allows for the first semblance of growth. It was estimated, however, that the Danubian Economy had hit rock bottom.
[Danubia takes large amounts of loans. Tax Rate, Tariffs lowered in Danubia. +9.02% Economic Growth to Danubia.]

The Danubian Government also begins to send a large amount of speakers and agitators across both Danubian territory and Hungarian-territory, in an effort to try and raise the support for their regime and their government in these areas. Many of the men sent into Hungary are captured by the Hungarian government and executed as spies, but many of the ones in Danubia are instead welcomed as speakers, helping to shore up the support of the young Commonwealth.
[+10% Public Support to Danubia.]

The Danubian Government continues its propaganda offensive as another wave of pamphlets and agitators penetrate Hungary. They play on republican, populist, and nationalist sentiments, and undercut Hungarian promises for autonomy. It even went further, inflaming the already existing republican rebels, and promoting the anti-monarchist movement in Hungary itself. By the end, it had struck a powerful blow to the Hungarian state’s unity.
[-13% Public Support to Hungary.]

The Danubian propaganda machine hit its pitch with a series of pamphlets blaming the Habsburgs for the economic depression, the collapse of the pan-Danubian state and the Hungarian revolts, and for generally every other woe from faulty rifles to stubbed toes. As this is spread throughout the military, and former military communities, it leads to a burst in volunteers as it inflames the rage of the Danubian people.
[+50,000 Regulars to Danubia.]

The Hungarians, dismayed at their previous losses, mobilize what is left of their reservists. This is a surprising amount of forces, as every Hungarian male capable of handling a weapon and marching until their feet were numb were handed a rifle and told to do just that.
[+182,222 Conscripts to Hungary.]

As Danubia attempted to reconquer Hungary, it performed a swinging motion through Slovakia, in an attempt to get to Hungary proper and to threaten Budapest itself. The Hungarians, anticipating this, take up defensive positions throughout the remaining bits of Slovakia and just south of this. The Danubian offensive began very slowly, but as it picked up momentum, the brave fighting of the Hungarian forces just simply could not hold out against the Danubian forces, bolstered by their new recruits. By December, the Danubians had just the position they were hoping for, with the battle lines just ten miles from Budapest itself.
[-9,991 Regulars, -1,362 Conscripts to Danubia. -13,908 Regulars, -2,481 Conscripts to Hungary.]

The Danubians, seizing the momentum, continued their offensives with a flanking maneuver through Transylvania. The Hungarian Army had not expected this at all, and with most of its forces on the battle lines in northern Hungary or on the Austro-Hungarian border, the advancing Danubians faced little resistance from the Hungarians. Unfortunately, their propaganda had worked too well: a small-level insurgency began, which would soon reveal itself to be a larger problem than originally anticipated, as damaged supply lines slow the Danubians.
[-3% Equipment to Danubia.]

Hungary later attempts to go and secure loans from foreign governments, focusing on Switzerland. Unfortunately, the Swiss Central Bank was ordered not to loan any money to the Hungarians, as the Swiss Government could not recognize it as a country due to its neutrality.

The Hungarians later buy Swiss arms, and import them via Italy and Romania. While the supplies shipped via the Rhine arrive, albeit too late to matter in the year, the arms sent through Italy had been seized by republican rebels, and never arrived.
[-£1,927,898 to Hungary. +5% Equipment to Hungary.]

Even with the massive liberal reforms promised by the Hungarians, many were concerned at the fact a Monarch existed. Regent Ferenc Deák, Hungary’s more fervent supporter of Hungarian Independence, remained in control of the shattering Government, even as protests raged through the country over the idea of allowing Prince August Louis Victor of Saxe-Coburg-Koháry become the King of Hungary.

With a new King, passions in Bavaria where high for Republicanism, as few people pledged their loyalty to the new King. As radicals quickly flooded into Bavaria, the Republic of Saxony announced their full support for a new Bavarian state. King Ludwig II was forced to step down, allowing a new government under Helmut von Addleburg to form. His ideals quickly spread through Bavaria, making it a bastion of Republicanism, quickly taking hold as the largest and most organised Republican nation.
[matth34 now plays the Republic of Bavaria.]

The Swedish Government, facing a rising wave of Norwegian nationalism, begins to bring about massive amounts of propaganda, proclaiming unity and friendship between Scandinavians. It was this, by showing how everyone fought and died for their country, for Sweden, for Scandinavia, was able to quell the ideas of Norwegian independence. The idea of Republican government, however, still ran strong throughout the whispers of everyone.
[+11% Public Support to Sweden.]

King_Karl_XV_of_Sweden_hires.jpg

King Karl XV of Sweden-Norway, the last Scandinavian Monarch.

In various public ceremonies, the Swedish government hands out money and medals to many of the soldiers who fought in the war. Many of them no longer wished to see the horrors of war, and many simply took the money, and retired from service. It had not been the massive fanfare and unifying force they had expected.
[-£1,817,391 to Sweden.]

In a quiet ceremony, the Swedish Government hands over the ships they had captured during the British intervention into the Great Northern War.
[-4 Ironclads to Sweden. +4 Ironclads to the United Kingdom.]

With the 1st Army ejected from Congress Poland, the Russian Army seemed to be in a shaken and shattered condition, and not able to take military action against Poland. With this simple time, the Polish resistance was able to form a very strong following, capable of forming a very formidable resistance to the Russians and the Prussians. The Prussian Army moving into Posen to try and restore order was quickly ambushed and thrown out by the Polish.
[-14,692 Conscripts to Prussia.]

Even with the Polish revolt, the Russian Government begins to roll out a massive number of changes with the planting schedules and general crop rotation. Massive amounts of Potatoes were distributed to farmers, and most of the people decided to simply eat them instead of planting them. However, some people did plant these potatoes, allowing for some growth, and stabilisation of the country’s famine.
[+0.35% Population Growth to Russia.]

From St. Petersburg, the Russian Government begins the long and arduous process of reforming the tax system that they currently had in place. The entire system was rehauled, and it would take a very long time for it to come into effect, as thousands of offices needed to be contacted and changed over. It was estimated to take a very long time before any real change to be noticed.
[Tax System Reformed 1/5.]

The Russian Government also announces the creation of the Peasant’s Land Bank, which was tasked with giving loans to the peasants across the Russian Empire. While this was a huge success, massive amounts of money were lent out, and a lot of them simply never gave any of the money back. These loans allowed a new class of nobles to arise, which had taken out large loans, large enough to buy vast tracts of land.
[-£36,206,935 to the Russian Empire. +2.14% Economic Growth to the Russian Empire.]

The Russians begin the newswest expansion of the rail system to Kiev, but the Polish rebellions currently taking place in Congress Poland brought fear to many of the workers, thinking it could spread to the Ukraine or Byelorussia, and all plans to extend it were put off until the rebellion was crushed.
[-£2,292,275 to the Russian Empire. +1 Infrastructure to the Russian Empire in 2 turns when Polish Rebellion stopped.]

Balkans/Near East

The Serbian Government attempts to bring about new and expansive changes to their farming methods. While new ideas were given and passed down, many Serbians did not know how exactly to do these methods, and the resulting harvest is disastrous.
[-0.78% Population Growth to Serbia.]

Even with the changes in farming, the Serbian Government works on a reformation of the administrative system, reforming it along a more streamlined system. It removed much of the waste and corruption that had been common since the times they were under Ottoman occupation.
[Lower government defenses to Serbia.]

Along with the government’s improvement of the administration, the government also begins to build some schools for the children and young adults in rural communities. The measure was expansive, and expensive, but it would provide huge boons for the Serbians in the future.
[-£1,879,118 to Serbia. +8% Education Rate to Serbia in 4 turns.]

British Companies begin to build some railroads inside the United Principalities, in a measure to try and stimulate growth of their own trade and their own companies. While plans for an engineering school in the United Principalities was envisioned, it was simply cheaper to set up many of the Brits with their own homes and businesses in order to operate the trains and railroads. While some Romanians protested this move, their minds were changed once the effects of the steaming iron beasts were felt in the nation.
[-£3,467,739 to the United Kingdom. +1 Infrastructure to Romania.]

Later, the Ministry of Investment ran a fabulous campaign to attract foreign capital, with incredible results. As investment after investment poured in, the Ministry of Investment quickly became heralded nation-wide as the ministry of employment as well.
[Major economic boost to Romania.]

Another campaign by the Romanian government, providing low-interest loans to help medium and large-scale farmers improve their operations, also finds incredible success, as it seems until these loans were offered, not a single farmer in Romania had tried to mechanize their operations.
[Another major economic boost to Romania.]

With more food available, the Romanian government also improves the availability of medical supplies with subsidies for women who are bearing children. This leads to an explosion of population growth unlike Romania has ever seen.
[+0.51% Population Growth to Romania.]

The Kingdom of Greece establishes the Ministry of Archeology, which is tasked with uncovering and studying ancient Greece. The artifacts they uncover go on display for all of Greece to see. More than anything, this leads to a fascination with the ancient Greek world and leads to a powerful burst of nationalism that inflamed the entirety of Greece.
[+10% Public Support to Greece.]

The Greeks, hearing of the Romanian’s success in attracting foreign investment, try to emulate the Romanian campaign and find success as well. The economic boost that follows this helps all sectors of the Greek economy, but particularly helps with the mining sector, which significantly expands.
[Economic boost to Greece.]

Negotiations between the Greek government and its domestic debtors break down as the debtors walk out, refusing to allow the Greek government to simply reduce their debt with no payments.

The Ottoman Empire negotiates a contract with French arms manufacturers, securing special prices and offers in exchange for a steady market for their wares. This also improves the quality of the Ottoman Army, as its more veteran forces are armed with the improved equipment.
[-£2,087,630, +5% Equipment, +1 Army Level in 2 turns to the Ottoman Empire.]

The reforms of the Ottoman Empire in regards to religious freedom come to an end when a series of reactionary laws, outlawing public Christian worship, and levying massive taxes on churches throughout the Empire’s European lands. This seemed to be fated to happen, as the ripples of Greek nationalism joined with those of the backlash against the laws, and led to a massive rebellion in the ethnically Greek Ottoman territories, ejecting the Ottoman forces stationed there and declaring itself the Republic of Greece. This new republic quickly begins skirmishing with the Greek kingdom to its south, and a small battle between republican and monarchist forces marks the beginning of the Greek Civil War. A similar situation occurred in Serbia, as a nationalist revolt is followed by a blood bath. Across Serbia, fighting for farm homes and every city corner begins as the rebels are divided between republican and monarchist ideals. The image of houses blown to pieces by artillery fire, and the blossom of an explosion on a city street become commonplace. One thing is certain: the Balkans powderkeg had erupted.
[-237 Regulars to the Ottoman Empire. -819 Regulars to the Kingdom of Greece.]

All further reforms and government actions were suspended, as the government was paralyzed after the massive revolts taking place throughout the Ottoman Balkans territories. After the Serbian and Greek uprisings, a small series of revolts in Bosnia had slowly begun to turn into an insurgency, harming the fragile balance of loyalty the Bosnians had. While they shared a faith, the Bosnians were Slavs, and nationalism began to heat up.
[-23 Regulars to the Ottoman Empire.]

In Egypt, a parliament is created, and nobles gather to hammer out how the new institution will work. While they do not finish by the end of the year, all of the country gathers in anticipation to see how this will affect them.
[+23% Public Support to Egypt.]

Later, a law is passed guaranteeing Ottoman investments to be treated equally as Egyptian investments, and to protect them and allow them to follow Ottoman instead of Egyptian laws. This leads to a massive economic boost, as wealthy Ottomans, fearful of the carnage in the Balkans, begin to move their investments to safer locations.
[Egypt in a minor boom.]

Last edited:
North America

The Russians attempt to construct roads across New Archangel, but the workmen they send out there to build these roads freeze to death, and most of their tools and supplies are lost in several avalanches.
[-£2,762,834 to the Russian Empire.]

Continued relations between the United Kingdom and British North America continue to become sour, as the British government tries to push Canada closer and closer to dominion status. The Canadians, not wishing to bow to the demands to give the Metis Confederacy a large and expansive swath of land, instead petition for it to be split up and organised into their own provinces. In doing this, they wished to have a strong provincial-level government, and a moderately powered Federal government. It was because of the Metis issue, however, that they were up in arms against the British Government.

The United States Senate does not confirm the woman Susan B. Anthony to become a cabinet member, but instead a senator from Ohio is chosen. In doing this, the Secretary of Health and Welfare comes into existence, which begins to help pressure the citizens of the country to live healthier. Not many Americans had access to the basic necessities they needed to stay clean, and simply stayed with their old method of using water.

While the new department-level Office was created, and had little effect, the great strides were made with the foundation of the United States Health Association, which sought to educate many new doctors. While it was established in New York City, thousands of doctors, many of whom who had experience in the War Between the States. The training and education that came from this brought the United States forward, making them one of the leading nations in the field of medicine.
[+0.35% Population Growth to the United States. +7% Education Rate to the United States.]

Various war industries in the United States, now no longer needed to produce bullets and weapons, are instead changed over to pharmaceuticals, many of which had been used on the battlefield. While many questioned these plans, many more simply accepted them, as industry began, once again, to boom in the United States of America.
[+2.52% Economic Growth to the United States.]

While plans for a Transcontinental Railroad had been laid out before, they had not yet been acted upon. The United States Congress agreed upon this new plan, and soon construction began in California to the East, and from Illinois to the West, hoping to meet up somewhere in the middle.
[-£18,829,187 to the United States. +4 Infrastructure levels to the United States in 3 turns.]

In an effort to ensure that the Confederate Government could make ends meet, the Confederate Army was slightly reduced, sending the men home, with proper severance pay. This made the Confederacy seem more of a nation concerned with National Security, and not rampant militarism.
[Confederate States Standing Army reduced.]

The Confederate Government asks many of the wealthy across the nation to invest into the construction of some railroads. While some new, smaller railroad lines do begin to prop up, there was no stand regulation of these railroads, and the main problem plaguing the Confederacy was the fact that in order to travel from Richmond, Virginia to Atlanta, Georgia, a traveler would have to change trains at least 4 times due to the gauge differences, and the states themselves seemed unwilling to adopt a standard policy, leaving the Federal government woefully unable to do anything about it.
[+1 Infrastructure to the Confederate States.]

The Spanish Government spends much of 1866 trying to get many of their citizens to migrate to Cuba instead of Mexico, the Confederate States, and the United States. As it would be, many of the immigrants that looked to go to the independent American countries were part of the radical Republican movements. Many of these people were deposited on the island of Cuba.
[Less Emigration to Spain. Population increase to Cuba.]

The Mexican-Confederate Treaty of Friendship, Recognition, Trade and Cooperation was signed in Veracruz in the Spring of 1866, opening up relations and trade between the two nations. The border was established, and both nations pledged to ensure that smuggling between the two nations was stopped, as well as cross-border banditry. Proper trade relations were also set up between the two nations. In the end, both benefited greatly from these new relations.
[Trade Increased to Mexico, Confederate States.]

Ejidos in Baja California were established, encompassing nearly fifty percent of the available land there. The landless peasants flooded into this area, angering some of the English-speaking settlers, but many immigrants also began to settle in this area, not all from the United States or Confederate States as well. Many came from the United Kingdom and France, attempting to start a new life in Mexico.
[+0.25% Economic Growth to Mexico.]

The Mexican Government continues to try and attract French and British businesses to Mexico, but many are too concerned with what was going on in Europe to even think about expanding their own businesses abroad, while they had to worry with their European assets being destroyed.

South America

If there was any indication that the Monroe Doctrine no longer applied, the British seemed to hit it home. An agreement between Colombia and the United Kingdom is reached, allowing the United Kingdom to lease the port of Colon from Colombia, while at the same time investing into it massively. British Imperialism in the Americas was heavily on the uptick, as business and commerce in the Caribbean was controlled almost entirely by the United Kingdom.
[-£5,722,803 to the United Kingdom. +1.59% Economic Growth to Colombia. Higher Trade to the United Kingdom. +10% Education Rate to Colombia in 3 turns.]

Colombia, Venezuela, and Ecuador increase their bonds as they begin to cooperate on economic policy, and integrate their militaries to fight as one. The economic and military power of the Community of North Andean States greatly increases due to this, and the three countries set plans to further this integration. Attempts to expand the Community to Peru and Bolivia fail, as they still have conflict between each other and the CNAS does not wish to take a side.
[Economic boost to Colombia. +1 Army Level to Colombia.]

Later, the Land, Labour, and Liberty campaign continues across Europe, as Colombia continues to draw more and more immigrants. By the end of the year, they are coming at a significantly faster rate.
[Immigration boost to Colombia.]

The Brazilian military, after due review of the army’s poor logistical capabilities, decided to standardize its weapons and munitions. This goes extremely well, and the results were almost immediate.
[+1 Army Level to Brazil. +1 Army Level in 1 turn.]

Education reform in Brazil later is halted in the legislature as the education budget is re-allocated to the military, and some corrupt politicians pockets. This leads to a national uproar, as the education reforms were much-appraised by the people.
[-£1,174,498, -5% Public Support to Brazil.]

Fortunately, other budgets, such as the urban development fund, were untouched by corrupt hands, and the new bills passed through the Brazilian legislature, which allocated large funds for developing infrastructure, passed with overwhelming majorities.
[-£4,204,208, +2 Infrastructure in 2 turns to Brazil.]

Argentina orders its military officers to keep extensive logs of all battles in the Paraguayan War to help improve its military capabilities. Unfortunately, a miscommunication leads to many regiments cutting down trees to stack logs near their camps between battles. This leads to a lot of confusion, and a lot of extra lumber.

Argentina later standardized its primary and secondary education curriculums across the nation, having carefully developed them from the European models. These reforms lead to a massive boost in the effectiveness and efficiency in Argentine schools.
[-£1,433,029, +2% Education Rate in 2 turns, +6% Education Rate in 3 turns.]

The extra lumber obtained by the Argentine Army is used by the Navy to construct transport ships to send to the expeditionary force with the Brazilian Navy. Unfortunately, arguments over whether the ships should be mahogany or maple lead to a slap fight between naval officers, and the ensuing brawl just delays construction.
[-£530,511, +4 transport ships in 4 turns to Argentina.]

In South America, the five-nation war continued to drag on into a second year. Both Brazil and Argentina, successful in promoting the cause of national defense and unity, received a large number of incoming troops willing to fight the invading enemy.
[+30,000 conscripts to Argentina. +80,000 conscripts to Brazil. +10,000 conscripts to Chile. +20,000 conscripts to Paraguay]

In the east, the Brazilians again went to work against the Paraguayan Army. Emperor Pedro II and the Duke of Caxias were now at the head of a formidable army of well over 120,000 in strength. Their plan was to attack the occupying Paraguayan army in the autumn. This was done on October 11, when this massive force, split into three wings, again entered occupied Argentine territory, bent on destroying the Paraguayan enemy. However, the Paraguayan force of about 40,000, led by General José Díaz, used their smaller size to their advantage, quickly deploying and redeploying while harrassing the Brazilian army. The wetlands of Mesopotamia did not facilitate any rapid responses by the Brazilians. One notable incident was the Battle of Mercedes, in which an entire corps of Brazilian infantry charged a heavily fortified ridge occupied by Paraguayan infantry and cannons; some equated the slaughter and the subsequent defeat as “the Washington of South America”, after the infamous Confederate charge at the First Battle of Washington several years prior. After a series of larger battles, in which small portions of the Brazilian Army were fed to the concentrated Paraguayan Army, Emperor Pedro ordered another withdrawal back into Brazilian territory, only after having dealt quite a few casualties to the Paraguayans themselves. General Díaz and the Paraguayans, however, had been exhausted from the fighting, and were virtually unable to occupy any new enemy territory. Some Brazilians believed that their own Emperor was incapable of leading the war effort.
[-6,783 regulars to Brazil. -10,406 conscripts to Brazil. -3,525 regulars to Paraguay. -2,927 conscripts to Paraguay. -2% public opinion to Brazil]

Batalhacurupaiti.jpg

Paraguayan artillery firing on advancing Brazilian infantry, at the infamous battle of Mercedes

Regardless of this success, the Brazilian Navy's undisputed control of the rivers in the region gave them the ability to damage the enemy supply lines. Paraguayan guns at the small village of Resistancia provided some resistance to the Brazilian river control, but after passing the settlement they were able to raid caravans of Paraguayan supplies, damaging the ability of the Paraguayan Army to efficiently arm itself. These supplies – food, powder, ammunition, and a few more rifles and cannons – were quickly dispatched to be incorporated into the Imperial Army, now recuperating at Porto Alegrre.
[-4% equipment to Paraguay. +4% equipment to Brazil]

Further to the west, the Argentines reacted to the Chilean invasion in a way that not many expected. Rather than attack the Chilean Army head-on, General Bartolomé Mitre decided on a new plan: to cut off the enemy's supply lines, starve them through attrition, and then demand their surrender. The invading Chilean Army, over 30,000 strong, continued to head deep into Argentine territory, stretching their supply lines very thinly. Upon General Mitre's commands, Argentine cavalry severed the struggling supply lines of the advancing Chileans, who immediately began to suffer from disease, death, and lack of any adequate supplies. Casualties began to mount as the Chilean general hoped to march to Córdoba, secure the supply bases in the region, and then continue east to Buenos Aires. However, before the army could advance another step, an Argentine messenger appeared with a white flag, demanding surrender of the starved army, a message from General Mitre himself. The Chilean general, watching as the thousands of starved and diseased men under his command looked on in anticipation, decided to surrender. Without even having fired a shot, Mitre had destroyed the primary Chilean Army, and then quickly moved to retake much of the occupied Argentine territory. Though not all was retaken by December, the situation looked much better than the year previous, and the Argentine war effort had seen an upturn.
[-19,681 regulars to Chile. -16,395 conscripts to Chile]

Africa

Many towns in North Africa are given funds by the French government, designed to help improve the water supply and sanitation for them. Much of it was focused alongside the Mediterranean Sea, which encouraged a large amount of immigration from France into French North Africa, shunning many of the natives, who were forced inwards, as the French dominated the coastal cities.
[-£743,626 to France. Population and Economic Boost to French North Africa.]

In Sokoto, the Commission that was founded on the ideals of Nepotism was quickly disbanded, and a new one set in place. This time, a new government was formed, again, and it the Sultan gave a speech, announcing the end of excessive punishments for minor failures, or punishments that have simply been made up.
[Sokoto has a Government. Again. For what? Is this the third time? Fourth? Who knows. It exists. I think?]

The National Bank of Sokoto is founded by the new, working, members of the Government. One of their first moves was to establish actual connections with European nations. A link was achieved, through some maneuverings with some of the smaller states to Sokoto’s southern border, and a direct link of communication was established with the United Kingdom, and Sokoto’s bank was made known to the world. While no one did anything or lent to it, Sokoto now had up to date information.
[Sokoto also has international financing.]

Along the Congo River, the Belgian Navy lands and announces that this area was now under the control of the Belgian Nation. Some of the land was purchased from the natives, and it was organised as the Belgian Congo. It was a small outpost, and and the Belgians bought a large amount of supplies and materials from the Dutch across the river to help ensure that it was properly supplied and established.
[-£2,520,723 to Belgium. Belgian Congo established.]

Trade Routes between Italian East Africa and the Dutch East Indies are formed, allowing an influx of quinine as well as a large amount of supplies, in order to ensure Italian Rule stayed firm in East Africa, even though Italian control there was weak, and mostly only on paper.

The Portuguese send a small expeditionary force of surveyors to travel through Mozambique and find new resources to exploit, and while resting one survey falls, stumbling upon a massive marble deposit. Over the following three months, they would find three marble deposits and two granite deposits.
[Large economic boost to Portugal.]

Later, a brigade of Portuguese regulars landed in Angola with large naval support, and they began to skirmish with the revolting governor’s colonial forces. After a second brigade had landed, the Portuguese set out to crush the revolt and bring the governor to justice. After only a few short battles, the colonial garrison simply put down its arms and surrendered, after being offered amnesty and a free ride home. The governor also would get a ride back to Portugal, but he imprisoned by Lisboa and awaited trial. Soon, with two whole brigades deployed to Angola, it was settled back under control.
[Angola back under Portuguese control with a military administration.]

Across the South African Republic, President Pretorius begins to give many speeches, advocating for the idea of a union with the British. This is met with heavy resistance, as they all decided to move away from the United Kingdom for a reason, they were fine with their current independence.
[-6% Public Support to Transvaal.]

South African diplomats are thrown out of the Orange Free State, without much explanation. It was thought that they were trying to influence them to join in a union, while Transvaal had its own problems, few thought that Oranje would prosper under them.

South Africa soldiers also surprise many with an invasion of Portuguese Mozambique, as a few hundred Boer settlers, along with the army, push to the coast, and establish a Boer settlement there, claiming it to be part of the South African Republic, and not of Portugal.
[-129 Regulars to Portugal.]

Asia

Recruitment policies in Persia were vastly improved and modernised for the ability to gain both regular soldiers and those in the officer corps. These changes allowed the Persian military to act in a more coordinated and wholesome manner than it had before.
[-£526,720 to Persia. +1 Army Level to Persia.]

The Shah was supposed to tour Europe in 1866 in order to try and visit many of the heads of state, but in the interest for his safety as both a foreign dignitary, and Shah of Persia, he opted instead to stay in Persia, where he gave many speeches, boosting his overall popularity.
[+9% Public Support to Persia.]

Afghanistan decides to send many soldiers home from their service, as they simply had no method of which to pay them. Many of these soldiers get angry, and decide to sack Bukharah on their own to get paid. They take an immense amount of wealth, none of which the Afghani government sees.
[-50,000 Regulars to Afghanistan. Bukharah completely sacked.]

The Afghani Government begins a campaign against the minor corruption that exists within the government itself, as well as to try and increase the overall efficiency of it. Several men who had resided in British India knew somewhat of the government there, and recommended some of the different methods they employed. The Afghanis used this, and their efficiency became much better.
[Afghani Government more efficient.]

China opens itself up to foreign investments, hoping to gain much wealth from the matter. Companies flood the country with capital, but many fear too much Westernization, and while the economy may be boosted for now, if it was to be hurt, it may lead to reactionism.
[Major Economic Boost to China.]

China also continues its policy of contained Western education. The model continues to work very well, as this much more gradual expansion of Westernization seems to draw less ire and more fondness as the education system slowly improves.
[-£1,768,741, +6% Education Rate in 3 turns to China.]

Japan tries to build some extensive railways to help increase the connections of the country and provide a powerful expansion of infrastructure to increase the flows of goods throughout the nation. Strangely, it takes so long to get the materials to the islands to begin rail-building, that the construction does not begin until later in the year.

Japan also looks to improve the quality of its navy by improving its Admiralty. Tragedy strikes when instead of debating naval strategy, the admirals debate philosophies on the gender of the ocean, and attempt to prove it out on open water. A fatal accident leads to them all drowning, severely damaging the senior naval officer corps in Japan.
[-2 Naval Levels to Japan.]

The Treaty of Batavia is signed between the Netherlands and Italy, giving both nations benefits from the recent surge of colonial violence. The Italians would replace the ships that had been sunken in the recent conflict, while the Dutch would allow the Italians into the East Indies, simply to trade.
[-£2,501,510 to Italy. +2 Ships of the Line to the Netherlands. +4 Sail Frigates to the Netherlands. Trade boost to Italy.]

Emboldened by their diplomatic victory over the Italians, the Dutch massively expand their influence across the East Indies, quickly becoming the one, and only, nation any of them trade with, massively increasing the amount of Dutch trade, and influence, in the region.
[Massive trade to the Netherlands.]

Last edited:

Map of European, North American, North Africa, and Near East Cultures

1 United Kingdom 3,050
2 Russia 1,037
3 France 1,020
4 United States 901
5 Prussia 632
6 Italy 513
7 China 419
8 Confederate States 405
9 Spain 404
10 Ottoman Empire 401
11 Netherlands 364
12 Germany 321
13 Austria 260
14 Belgium 259
15 Switzerland 236
16 Sweden 235
17 Bavaria 231
18 Brazil 229
19 Sicily 202
20 Hungary 189
21 Denmark 188
22 Hanover 183
23 Portugal 176
24 Papal States 167
25 Mexico 146
26 Romania 134
29 Greece 118
33 Colombia 106
36 Chile 85
37 Argentina 83
38 Japan 80
44 Serbia 64
46 Transvaal 27
48 Persia 22
51 Egypt 20
56 Afghanistan 9
61 Sokoto 7

The Emirate of Afghanistan
Bank: -£4,967,762.47
Debt Payments: -£109,435.47
Yearly Balance: £588,168.53
Yearly Income: £1,974,483.43
Yearly Expenses: £1,276,879.42
Total Economy (£): 14,518,261
Total Population: 4,522,345
Home Economy (£): 14,518,261
Home Population: 4,522,345
Economic Growth: -0.14%
Population Growth: 0.69%
Education Rate: 16%
Prestige: 0
Public Support: 57%
Infrastructure Level: (3/5) Failing
Army Level: (1/5) Failing
Equipment: 55%
Regulars: 41,987
Conscripts: 0
Reserves: 118,566
Navy Level: (1/5) Failing
Ironclads: 0
Ships-of-the-Line: 0
Screw Frigates: 0
Sail Frigates: 0
Transport Ships: 0
Nation Ruler: Miramolinus Dost Mohammad Khan
Game Moderator: RedNomNoms
Played By: Ranger900

The Argentine Republic
Bank: -£32,682,653.84
Debt Payments: -£719,970.35
Yearly Balance: -£1,050,317.78
Yearly Income: £1,967,433.41
Yearly Expenses: £2,297,780.84
Total Economy (£): 24,261,745
Total Population: 1,723,319
Home Economy (£): 24,261,745
Home Population: 1,723,319
Economic Growth: 2.04%
Population Growth: 1.71%
Education Rate: 15% [+2% in 2 turns, +6% in 3 turns]
Prestige: 15
Public Support: 66%
Infrastructure Level: (5/5) Poor
Army Level: (3/5) Failing
Equipment: 50%
Regulars: 46,471
Conscripts: 32,796
Reserves: 14,660
Navy Level: (4/5) Failing
Sail Frigates: 4
Transport Ships: 1 [+4 in 4 turns]
Nation Ruler: President Santiago Derqui
Played By: Tapscott

The Commonwealth of the Danube
Bank: £54,295,263.61
Debt Payments: £0.00
Yearly Balance: -£4,245,858.40
Yearly Income: £5,446,899.10
Yearly Expenses: £9,692,757.50
Total Economy (£): 88,455,598
Total Population: 16,924,294
Home Economy (£): 88,455,598
Home Population: 16,924,294
Economic Growth: -0.21%
Population Growth: 0.02%
Education Rate: 29% [+20% in 2 turns]
Prestige: 73
Public Support: 28%
Infrastructure Level: (1/5) Average
Army Level: (1/5) Average
Equipment: 29.00%
Regulars: 230,809
Conscripts: 39,078
Reserves: 236,963
Navy Level: (4/5) Poor
Transport Ships: 2
Nation Ruler: President Anton von Schmerling
Game Moderator: Frymonmon
Played By: Watercress

The Republic of Bavaria
Bank: -£41,343,972.71
Debt Payments: -£910,771.64
Yearly Balance: £893,525.44
Yearly Income: £3,076,423.04
Yearly Expenses: £1,272,125.96
Total Economy (£): 86,589,786
Total Population: 4,768,594
Home Economy (£): 86,589,786
Home Population: 4,768,594
Economic Growth: 2.17%
Population Growth: 0.59%
Education Rate: 78%
Prestige: 28
Public Support: 51%
Army Level: (5/5) Poor
Equipment: 41.00%
Regulars: 23,852
Reserves: 147,031
Nation Ruler: President Helmut von Addleburg
Played By: matth34

The Kingdom of Belgium
Bank: -£33,693,827.78
Debt Payments: -£742,245.62
Yearly Balance: £144,765.96
Yearly Income: £3,067,764.66
Yearly Expenses: £2,180,753.07
Total Economy (£): 91,646,702
Total Population: 5,413,238
Home Economy (£): 91,611,823
Home Population: 5,411,344
Economic Growth: 4.02%
Population Growth: 0.94%
Name: Belgian Congo
Economy (£): 34,879
Population: 1,894
Education Rate: 65%
Prestige: 13
Public Support: 67%
Infrastructure Level: (4/5) Average
Equipment: 56.00%
Regulars: 49,000
Reserves: 167,075
Navy Level: (1/5) Average
Ships-of-the-Line: 2
Screw Frigates: 3
Sail Frigates: 6
Transport Ships: 3
Nation Ruler: King Leopold II
Played By: Spectre17

The Republic of Bolivia
Bank: -£6,878,557.25
Debt Payments: -£151,528.61
Yearly Balance: -£101,150.68
Yearly Income: £616,713.07
Yearly Expenses: £566,335.13
Total Economy (£): 10,259,820
Total Population: 2,064,358
Home Economy (£): 10,259,820
Home Population: 2,064,358
Economic Growth: 0.18%
Population Growth: 0.47%
Education Rate: 9%
Prestige: 1
Public Support: 47%
Infrastructure Level: (2/5) Poor
Army Level: (1/5) Poor
Equipment: 37.00%
Regulars: 9,000
Reserves: 63,715
Navy Level: (1/5) Poor
Sail Frigates: 3
Nation Ruler: President Mariano Melgarejo
Played By: NPC

The Empire of Brazil
Bank: -£61,263,799.02
Debt Payments: -£1,349,588.03
Yearly Balance: -£4,314,869.09
Yearly Income: £3,092,536.72
Yearly Expenses: £6,057,817.77
Total Economy (£): 48,960,432
Total Population: 9,554,086
Home Economy (£): 48,960,432
Home Population: 9,554,086
Economic Growth: 1.92%
Population Growth: 2.26%
Education Rate: 12%
Prestige: 8
Public Support: 62%
Infrastructure Level: (3/5) Poor [+2 in 2 turns]
Army Level: (4/5) Poor [+1 in 1 turn]
Equipment: 54.00%
Regulars: 72,976
Conscripts: 109,594
Reserves: 160,855
Navy Level: (5/5) Poor
Ships-of-the-Line: 6
Screw Frigates: 15
Sail Frigates: 5
Transport Ships: 6
Nation Ruler: Emperor Pedro II
Played By: Culise

The Emirate of Bukhara
Bank: -£1,479,572.10
Debt Payments: -£32,593.68
Yearly Balance: -£494,054.79
Yearly Income: £196,930.42
Yearly Expenses: £658,391.52
Total Economy (£): 6,178,209
Total Population: 2,064,781
Home Economy (£): 6,178,209
Home Population: 2,064,781
Economic Growth: -1.28%
Education Rate: 2%
Public Support: 27%
Infrastructure Level: (1/5) Failing
Equipment: 24%
Regulars: 17,000
Reserves: 63,728
Nation Ruler: Amir Muzaffar al-Din bin Nasr-Allah

The Konbaung Dynasty
Bank: -£6,352,524.54
Debt Payments: -£139,940.57
Yearly Balance: -£577,763.57
Yearly Income: £359,194.43
Yearly Expenses: £797,017.42
Total Economy (£): 10,884,680
Total Population: 2,987,147
Home Economy (£): 10,884,680
Home Population: 2,987,147
Economic Growth: 0.78%
Population Growth: 0.87%
Education Rate: 6%
Infrastructure Level: (2/5) Failing
Army Level: (2/5) Failing
Equipment: 36%
Regulars: 15,000
Reserves: 92,196
Nation Ruler: King Mindon Min

The Kingdom of Cambodia
Bank: -£1,025,755.10
Debt Payments: -£22,596.49
Yearly Balance: -£421,911.92
Yearly Income: £44,635.20
Yearly Expenses: £443,950.64
Total Economy (£): 1,545,808
Total Population: 757,749
Home Economy (£): 1,545,808
Home Population: 757,749
Economic Growth: 0.29%
Education Rate: 9%
Public Support: 38%
Equipment: 19%
Regulars: 18,000
Reserves: 23,387
Sail Frigates: 1
Nation Ruler: King Norodom I

The Republic of Chile
Bank: -£2,298,221.58
Debt Payments: -£50,627.82
Yearly Balance: -£429,027.97
Yearly Income: £618,201.23
Yearly Expenses: £996,601.39
Total Economy (£): 9,939,440
Total Population: 1,446,789
Home Economy (£): 9,939,440
Home Population: 1,446,789
Economic Growth: 0.98%
Population Growth: 0.65%
Education Rate: 17%
Public Support: 68%
Infrastructure Level: (1/5) Poor
Army Level: (4/5) Poor
Equipment: 54%
Regulars: 5,319
Conscripts: 28,605
Reserves: 19,780
Sail Frigates: 2
Nation Ruler: President José Joaquín Pérez Mascayano

The Great Qing
Bank: -£164,623,680.07
Debt Payments: -£3,626,516.02
Yearly Balance: £144,509.18
Yearly Income: £61,508,929.52
Yearly Expenses: £57,737,904.32
Total Economy (£): 1,430,090,297
Total Population: 380,684,825
Home Economy (£): 1,430,090,297
Home Population: 380,684,825
Economic Growth: -0.07%
Population Growth: 0.39%
Education Rate: 11% [+2% in 2 turns, +6 in 3 turns]
Public Support: 56%
Equipment: 16.00%
Regulars: 352,276
Reserves: 11,735,808
Nation Ruler: The Tongzhi Emperor
Played By: eidur

The Granadine Confederation
Bank: -£23,297,937.91
Debt Payments: -£513,233.24
Yearly Balance: £32,487.71
Yearly Income: £1,555,921.73
Yearly Expenses: £1,010,200.78
Total Economy (£): 29,867,857
Total Population: 3,119,278
Home Economy (£): 29,867,857
Home Population: 3,119,278
Economic Growth: 3.59%
Population Growth: 1.77%
Education Rate: 14% [+10% in 3 turns]
Prestige: 3
Public Support: 50%
Infrastructure Level: (3/5) Poor
Army Level: (3/5) Poor
Equipment: 23.00%
Regulars: 18,000
Reserves: 95,274
Navy Level: (5/5) Failing
Transport Ships: 5
Nation Ruler: President Tomás Cipriano de Mosquera
Played By: Spitfire

The Confederate States of America
Bank: -£135,869,228.40
Debt Payments: -£2,993,080.54
Yearly Balance: £1,141,692.66
Yearly Income: £7,754,645.63
Yearly Expenses: £3,619,872.43
Total Economy (£): 175,586,351
Total Population: 10,308,679
Home Economy (£): 175,586,351
Home Population: 10,308,679
Economic Growth: 0.34%
Population Growth: 1.49%
Education Rate: 34%
Public Support: 45%
Army Level: (3/5) Average
Equipment: 55.00%
Regulars: 80,000
Reserves: 447,191
Ironclads: 1
Ships-of-the-Line: 4
Screw Frigates: 18
Sail Frigates: 15
Nation Ruler: President Jefferson Davis
Played By: MastahCheef117

The States of the Congo
Bank: -£19,055,988.93
Debt Payments: -£419,786.81
Yearly Balance: -£255,167.27
Yearly Income: £1,136,564.58
Yearly Expenses: £971,945.04
Total Economy (£): 21,271,676
Total Population: 11,375,228
Home Economy (£): 175,586,351
Home Population: 10,308,679
Economic Growth: 0.99%
Population Growth: 1.17%
Education Rate: 3%
Public Support: 44%
Equipment: 16.00%
Regulars: 55,000
Reserves: 406,258
Nation Ruler: Various Leaders

The Nguyen Dynasty
Bank: -£2,293,089.00
Debt Payments: -£50,514.75
Yearly Balance: -£449,416.74
Yearly Income: £623,729.54
Yearly Expenses: £1,022,631.53
Total Economy (£): 18,603,367
Total Population: 5,345,795
Home Economy (£): 21,271,676
Home Population: 11,375,228
Economic Growth: 0.18%
Population Growth: 0.98%
Education Rate: 5%
Equipment: 46.00%
Regulars: 36,000
Reserves: 190,921
Navy Level: (2/5) Failing
Transport Ships: 1
Nation Ruler: Emperor Tu Duc

The Republic of Denmark
Bank: -£4,672,330.76
Debt Payments: -£102,927.37
Yearly Balance: £1,141,985.88
Yearly Income: £2,206,842.69
Yearly Expenses: £961,929.45
Total Economy (£): 39,924,543
Total Population: 2,160,419
Home Economy (£): 39,235,264
Home Population: 2,061,702
Economic Growth: -0.15%
Population Growth: 0.88%
Colonial Holdings
Name: Danish North America
Economy (£): 689,279
Population: 98,717
Education Rate: 85%
Prestige: 13
Equipment: 48.00%
Regulars: 27,981
Reserves: 77,158
Nation Ruler: President Edvin Viddard

The Dominican Republic
Bank: -£1,016,799.95
Debt Payments: -£22,399.22
Yearly Balance: -£126,645.92
Yearly Income: £62,719.58
Yearly Expenses: £166,966.28
Total Economy (£): 1,339,596
Total Population: 231,764
Home Economy (£): 39,924,543
Home Population: 2,160,419
Economic Growth: 0.82%
Population Growth: 1.87%
Education Rate: 24%
Equipment: 40.00%
Regulars: 2,000
Reserves: 8,277
Nation Ruler: President José María Cabral

The Khedivate of Egypt
Bank: -£5,039,263.84
Debt Payments: -£111,010.59
Yearly Balance: -£36,170.43
Yearly Income: £2,914,382.85
Yearly Expenses: £2,839,542.69
Total Economy (£): 27,790,021
Total Population: 8,385,167
Home Economy (£): 27,790,021
Home Population: 8,385,167
Economic Growth: -0.10%
Population Growth: 1.60%
Education Rate: 19%
Prestige: 5
Public Support: 81%
Army Level: (4/5) Failing
Equipment: 15.00%
Regulars: 71,755
Reserves: 258,801
Navy Level: (1/5) Failing [+2 in 3 turns]
Nation Ruler: Khedive Ismali Pasha
Played By: tyriet

The French Empire
Bank: -£423,792,588.56
Debt Payments: -£9,335,780.93
Yearly Balance: £13,931,619.88
Yearly Income: £37,361,968.01
Yearly Expenses: £14,094,567.20
Total Economy (£): 500,855,458
Total Population: 41,992,918
Home Economy (£): 413,977,233
Home Population: 34,303,365
Economic Growth: 3.37%
Population Growth: 0.56%
Colonial Holdings
Name: French India
Economy (£): 5,148,368
Population: 142,155
Name: French Indochina
Economy (£): 33,499,797
Population: 2,083,896
Name: French North Africa
Economy (£): 35,803,979
Population: 2,587,736
Name: French Africa
Economy (£): 9,660,773
Population: 2,572,846
Name: French Caribbean
Economy (£): 2,765,307
Population: 302,919
Education Rate: 63% [+13% in 2 turns]
Prestige: 143
Public Support: 61%
Infrastructure Level: (2/5) Good
Army Level: (2/5) Good
Equipment: 97.00%
Regulars: 306,000
Reserves: 1,312,144
Navy Level: (2/5) Average
Ironclads: 2
Ships-of-the-Line: 25
Screw Frigates: 7
Sail Frigates: 22
Transport Ships: 20
Nation Ruler: Emperor Napoleon III
Played By: jacob-Lundgren

The German Confederation
Bank: -£9,228,727.65
Debt Payments: -£203,300.82
Yearly Balance: £542,385.31
Yearly Income: £7,170,959.63
Yearly Expenses: £6,425,273.50
Total Economy (£): 122,551,178
Total Population: 9,581,789
Home Economy (£): 122,551,178
Home Population: 9,581,789
Economic Growth: 1.84%
Education Rate: 87%
Prestige: 25
Public Support: 25%
Infrastructure Level: (5/5) Average
Army Level: (5/5) Average
Equipment: 43.00%
Regulars: 65,000
Reserves: 319,393
Sail Frigates: 10
Nation Ruler: President Franz Joseph I

The Kingdom of Greece
Bank: -£20,101,559.43
Debt Payments: -£442,819.81
Yearly Balance: £303,340.32
Yearly Income: £1,728,401.92
Yearly Expenses: £982,241.79
Total Economy (£): 23,560,302
Total Population: 1,306,453
Home Economy (£): 23,560,302
Home Population: 1,306,453
Economic Growth: -2.03%
Population Growth: 0.90%
Education Rate: 32%
Prestige: 5
Public Support: 71%
Equipment: 36.00%
Regulars: 44,181
Reserves: 39,504
Navy Level: (2/5) Poor
Nation Ruler: King Otto
Played By: XVG

The Republic of Haiti
Bank: -£497,267.91
Debt Payments: -£10,954.38
Yearly Balance: -£112,903.63
Yearly Income: £82,981.77
Yearly Expenses: £184,931.02
Total Economy (£): 1,517,256
Total Population: 570,397
Home Economy (£): 1,517,256
Home Population: 570,397
Economic Growth: 0.90%
Population Growth: 1.77%
Education Rate: 25%
Public Support: 55%
Infrastructure Level: (1/5) Poor
Army Level: (2/5) Poor
Regulars: 3,000
Reserves: 17,605
Nation Ruler: President Fabre Geffrard

The Republic of Hannover
Bank: -£31,816,244.65
Debt Payments: -£700,884.11
Yearly Balance: £536,955.19
Yearly Income: £1,762,311.67
Yearly Expenses: £524,472.38
Total Economy (£): 49,357,316
Total Population: 1,955,784
Home Economy (£): 49,357,316
Home Population: 1,955,784
Economic Growth: 2.64%
Population Growth: 0.89%
Education Rate: 94%
Prestige: 8
Public Support: 12%
Infrastructure Level: (2/5) Average
Equipment: 46.00%
Regulars: 0
Conscripts: 24,740
Reserves: 7,839
Nation Ruler: President Hans Kantor

The Kingdom of Hungary
Bank: -£102,781,840.95
Debt Payments: -£2,264,194.27
Yearly Balance: -£5,891,787.75
Yearly Income: £5,818,061.64
Yearly Expenses: £9,445,655.12
Total Economy (£): 82,873,836
Total Population: 14,857,436
Home Economy (£): 82,873,836
Home Population: 14,857,436
Economic Growth: -5.30%
Population Growth: 0.08%
Education Rate: 29%
Prestige: 2
Public Support: 21%
Army Level: (2/5) Average
Regulars: 90,476
Conscripts: 253,339
Reserves: 59,690
Nation Ruler: Regent Ferenc Deák
Played By: Deaghaidh

The Kingdom of Italy
Bank: -£140,815,148.33
Debt Payments: -£3,102,034.84
Yearly Balance: -£3,966,067.98
Yearly Income: £7,248,977.30
Yearly Expenses: £8,113,010.43
Total Economy (£): 234,815,262
Total Population: 13,226,834
Home Economy (£): 233,964,470
Home Population: 12,309,994
Economic Growth: 2.34%
Population Growth: 1.04%
Colonial Holdings
Name: Italian Arabia
Economy (£): 310,371
Population: 8,559
Name: Italian East Africa
Economy (£): £540,421.51
Population: 908,281
Education Rate: 32% [+10% in 3 turns]
Prestige: 68
Public Support: 25%
Infrastructure Level: (1/5) Good
Equipment: 48.00%
Regulars: 176,497
Reserves: 468,884
Ironclads: 0 [+1 in 1 turns]
Ships-of-the-Line: 2
Screw Frigates: 15
Sail Frigates: 22
Transport Ships: 12
Nation Ruler: King Vittorio Emanuele II
Played By: Dadarian

The Tokugawa Shogunate
Bank: -£45,575,046.51
Debt Payments: -£1,003,978.51
Yearly Balance: -£561,034.27
Yearly Income: £8,114,142.21
Yearly Expenses: £7,671,197.97
Total Economy (£): 190,236,576
Total Population: 33,830,414
Home Economy (£): 190,236,576
Home Population: 33,830,414
Economic Growth: 0.08%
Population Growth: 0.31%
Education Rate: 40%
Public Support: 66%
Equipment: 24.00%
Regulars: 92,797
Reserves: 1,043,946
Navy Level: (3/5) Failing
Screw Frigates: 4
Sail Frigates: 7
Nation Ruler: Emperor Kōmei
Played By: alexander23

The Khanate of Khiva
Bank: -£1,980,198.13
Debt Payments: -£43,622.04
Yearly Balance: -£502,990.23
Yearly Income: £32,743.51
Yearly Expenses: £492,111.71
Total Economy (£): 1,091,450
Total Population: 577,487
Home Economy (£): 1,091,450
Home Population: 577,487
Economic Growth: -0.27%
Population Growth: -0.24%
Education Rate: 11%
Equipment: 34.00%
Regulars: 24,000
Reserves: 17,824
Nation Ruler: Khan Muhammad Rahim Bahadur

The United Mexican States
Bank: -£35,791,376.30
Debt Payments: -£788,452.79
Yearly Balance: £975,644.39
Yearly Income: £3,832,429.76
Yearly Expenses: £2,068,332.59
Total Economy (£): 47,704,707
Total Population: 9,170,855
Home Economy (£): 47,704,707
Home Population: 9,170,855
Economic Growth: 3.00%
Population Growth: 2.16%
Education Rate: 17%
Prestige: 15
Public Support: 75%
Equipment: 32.00%
Regulars: 21,000
Reserves: 283,051
Nation Ruler: President Miguel Miramón
Played By: Mathrim

The Sultanate of Morocco
Bank: -£636,343.04
Debt Payments: -£14,018.08
Yearly Balance: -£88,338.94
Yearly Income: £395,974.27
Yearly Expenses: £470,295.13
Total Economy (£): 8,033,236
Total Population: 1,720,179
Home Economy (£): 8,033,236
Home Population: 1,720,179
Economic Growth: 0.53%
Population Growth: 1.91%
Education Rate: 8%
Public Support: 69%
Infrastructure Level: (4/5) Failing
Regulars: 6,500
Reserves: 53,092
Nation Ruler: Sultan Mohammed IV

The Emirate of Nejd
Bank: -£385,362.38
Debt Payments: -£8,489.20
Yearly Balance: -£113,935.84
Yearly Income: £37,191.20
Yearly Expenses: £142,637.84
Total Economy (£): 1,114,343
Total Population: 470,187
Home Economy (£): 1,114,343
Home Population: 470,187
Economic Growth: -0.01%
Population Growth: 0.88%
Public Support: 54%
Equipment: 44.00%
Regulars: 2,000
Reserves: 14,512
Nation Ruler: Imam Abdallah ibn Faisal ibn Turki

The Kingdom of the Netherlands
Bank: -£18,666,391.68
Debt Payments: -£411,204.32
Yearly Balance: £5,423,643.91
Yearly Income: £11,772,020.27
Yearly Expenses: £5,937,172.03
Total Economy (£): 152,596,497
Total Population: 16,338,001
Home Economy (£): 56,056,994
Home Population: 4,954,637
Economic Growth: 2.97%
Population Growth: 0.69%
Colonial Holdings
Name: Dutch East Indies
Economy (£): 85,928,692
Population: 11,215,222
Name: Dutch Caribbean
Economy (£): 4,188,810
Population: 63,000
Name: Dutch Africa
Economy (£): 6,422,000
Population: 105,143
Education Rate: 89%
Prestige: 36
Public Support: 74%
Infrastructure Level: (2/5) Average [+2 in 1 turns]
Equipment: 51.00%
Regulars: 44,130
Reserves: 503,389
Navy Level: (2/5) Average
Ships-of-the-Line: 3
Screw Frigates: 1
Sail Frigates: 11
Nation Ruler: King William III
Played By: KeldoniaSkylar

The Sultante of Oman
Bank: -£33,983.79
Debt Payments: -£748.63
Yearly Balance: -£49,802.23
Yearly Income: £28,828.38
Yearly Expenses: £77,881.97
Total Economy (£): 547,371
Total Population: 196,896
Home Economy (£): 547,371
Home Population: 196,896
Economic Growth: -0.04%
Population Growth: 0.92%
Public Support: 48%
Infrastructure Level: (3/5) Failing [+2 in 1 turns]
Equipment: 47.00%
Regulars: 1,000
Reserves: 6,077
Nation Ruler: Sultan Thuwaini bin Said

The Orange Free State
Bank: -£234,641.84
Debt Payments: -£5,168.95
Yearly Balance: -£86,992.29
Yearly Income: £47,712.61
Yearly Expenses: £129,535.94
Total Economy (£): 960,650
Total Population: 480,854
Home Economy (£): 960,650
Home Population: 480,854
Economic Growth: 0.16%
Population Growth: 0.85%
Education Rate: 2%
Public Support: 78%
Infrastructure Level: (1/5) Failing [+2 in 1 turns]
Equipment: 31.00%
Reserves: 14,841
Nation Ruler: State President J. H. Brand

The Ottoman Empire
Bank: -£196,506,684.19
Debt Payments: -£4,328,870.78
Yearly Balance: -£825,851.69
Yearly Income: £10,366,574.17
Yearly Expenses: £6,863,555.08
Total Economy (£): 182,941,941
Total Population: 25,967,439
Home Economy (£): 182,941,941
Home Population: 25,967,439
Population Growth: 0.96%
Economic Growth: 5.38%
Education Rate: 31%
Prestige: 91
Public Support: 61%
Infrastructure Level: (4/5) Poor
Army Level: (3/5) Poor [+1 in 2 turns]
Equipment: 53.00%
Regulars: 128,740
Reserves: 801,250
Ships-of-the-Line: 4
Screw Frigates: 6
Nation Ruler: Sultan Abdülmecid I
Played By: Boris ze Spider

The States of the Church
Bank: -£8,944,359.13
Debt Payments: -£197,036.43
Yearly Balance: -£145,459.62
Yearly Income: £788,906.56
Yearly Expenses: £737,329.75
Total Economy (£): 13,627,212
Total Population: 1,415,217
Home Economy (£): 13,627,212
Home Population: 1,415,217
Economic Growth: 1.60%
Population Growth: 0.42%
Education Rate: 37%
Prestige: 37
Public Support: 80%
Equipment: 39.00%
Reserves: 43,680
Sail Frigates: 10
Nation Ruler: Pope Pius IX
Played By: Ab Ovo

The Republic of Paraguay
Bank: -£2,001,192.13
Debt Payments: -£44,084.52
Yearly Balance: -£516,339.35
Yearly Income: £291,211.79
Yearly Expenses: £763,466.63
Total Economy (£): 6,215,236
Total Population: 890,435
Home Economy (£): 6,215,236
Home Population: 890,435
Economic Growth: 1.28%
Population Growth: 1.29%
Education Rate: 22%
Prestige: 6
Public Support: 69%
Equipment: 64.00%
Regulars: 24,475
Conscripts: 40,862
Reserves: 63,990
Nation Ruler: President Francisco Solano López

The Sublime State of Persia
Bank: -£59,922,430.85
Debt Payments: -£1,320,038.86
Yearly Balance: -£643,780.08
Yearly Income: £2,283,732.81
Yearly Expenses: £1,607,474.03
Total Economy (£): 45,128,703
Total Population: 6,530,778
Home Economy (£): 45,128,703
Home Population: 6,530,778
Population Growth: 0.77%
Economic Growth: 0.41%
Education Rate: 11%
Public Support: 67%
Equipment: 24.00%
Regulars: 24,470
Reserves: 172,037
Nation Ruler: Shahanshah Naser al-Din Shah Qajar
Played By: Revan

The Republic of Peru
Bank: -£895,736.31
Debt Payments: -£19,732.29
Yearly Balance: £90,658.07
Yearly Income: £890,655.48
Yearly Expenses: £780,265.12
Total Economy (£): 20,935,910
Total Population: 2,690,991
Home Economy (£): 20,935,910
Home Population: 2,690,991
Population Growth: 0.99%
Economic Growth: 1.37%
Education Rate: 18%
Equipment: 57.00%
Regulars: 8,000
Reserves: 83,055
Nation Ruler: President Mariano Ignacio Prado

The Kingdom of Portugal
Bank: -£32,898,191.27
Debt Payments: -£724,718.45
Yearly Balance: £231,693.21
Yearly Income: £2,534,520.98
Yearly Expenses: £1,578,109.33
Total Economy (£): 34,963,053
Total Population: 4,485,858
Home Economy (£): 21,399,397
Home Population: 2,197,637
Economic Growth: 3.26%
Population Growth: 0.93%
Name: Portugese Angola
Economy (£): 3,972,344
Population: 729,245
Name: Portugese Mozambique
Economy (£): 6,279,638
Population: 1,195,606
Name: Portuguese India
Economy (£): 1,956,941
Population: 255,279
Name: Portugese Africa
Economy (£): 1,354,733
Population: 108,090
Education Rate: 18% [+6% in 1 turns]
Prestige: 20
Public Support: 52%
Infrastructure Level: (4/5) Poor
Equipment: 54.00%
Regulars: 38,671
Conscripts: 2,000
Reserves: 136,323
Ships-of-the-Line: 2 [+3 in 3 turns]
Screw Frigates: 11
Transport Ships: 4
Nation Ruler: King Luís I
Played By: ArchadianEmpire

The Princely States
Bank: -£1,220,269.31
Debt Payments: -£26,881.47
Yearly Balance: £1,296,183.66
Yearly Income: £9,102,369.16
Yearly Expenses: £7,779,304.04
Total Economy (£): 341,873,020
Total Population: 35,208,344
Home Economy (£): 341,873,020
Home Population: 35,208,344
Population Growth: 2.98%
Economic Growth: 1.91%
Public Support: 58%
Equipment: 69.00%
Regulars: 85,000
Reserves: 1,086,677
Nation Ruler: Various Leaders

The Kingdom of Prussia
Bank: -£232,183,448.92
Debt Payments: -£5,114,798.78
Yearly Balance: -£2,974,025.22
Yearly Income: £16,820,331.43
Yearly Expenses: £14,679,557.88
Total Economy (£): 328,112,578
Total Population: 19,941,177
Home Economy (£): 328,112,578
Home Population: 19,941,177
Economic Growth: 3.54%
Population Growth: 0.82%
Education Rate: 85%
Prestige: 128
Public Support: 72%
Infrastructure Level: (5/5) Good [+1 in 3 turns]
Army Level: (2/5) Good [+2 in 2 turns]
Equipment: 79.00%
Regulars: 261,522
Conscripts: 209,625
Reserves: 723,756
Screw Frigates: 4
Nation Ruler: King William I
Played By: etranger01

The United Principalities
Bank: -£42,453,530.70
Debt Payments: -£935,214.24
Yearly Balance: £17,505.63
Yearly Income: £2,241,675.91
Yearly Expenses: £1,288,956.05
Total Economy (£): 46,523,851
Total Population: 3,395,894
Home Economy (£): 46,523,851
Home Population: 3,395,894
Economic Growth: 2.11%
Population Growth: 1.50%
Education Rate: 21%
Prestige: 10
Public Support: 42%
Equipment: 49.00%
Regulars: 41,000
Reserves: 121,282
Nation Ruler: Domnitor Alexandru Ioan Cuza
Played By: Rundstedt

The Russian Empire
Bank: -£728,888,798.48
Debt Payments: -£16,056,784.20
Yearly Balance: -£10,374,829.33
Yearly Income: £23,715,606.82 [Tax System Reformed 1/5]
Yearly Expenses: £18,033,651.94
Total Economy (£): 599,573,587
Total Population: 66,945,012
Home Economy (£): 595,571,749
Home Population: 66,553,775
Economic Growth: 2.37%
Population Growth: 1.71%
Colonial Holdings
Name: Russian Alaska
Economy (£): 4,001,838
Population: 391,237
Education Rate: 14%
Prestige: 128
Public Support: 32%
Infrastructure Level: (5/5) Failing [+2 in 2 turns when Polish Rebellion ends]
Regulars: 310,195
Reserves: 2,374,088
Ships-of-the-Line: 21
Screw Frigates: 9
Sail Frigates: 34
Transport Ships: 10
Nation Ruler: Tsar Alexander II
Played By: Morrell8

The Principality of Serbia
Bank: -£3,366,859.94
Debt Payments: -£74,168.99
Yearly Balance: -£11,632.39
Yearly Income: £552,629.66
Yearly Expenses: £490,093.06
Total Economy (£): 8408824.91
Total Population: 1091793
Home Economy (£): 8,408,825
Home Population: 1,091,793
Economic Growth: 0.48%
Population Growth: 0.09%
Education Rate: 17% [+8% in 4 turns]
Public Support: 32%
Equipment: 41%
Reserves: 54,590
Nation Ruler: Prince Mihailo Obrenović
Played By: NikoHoI3

The United Republics of Sicily and Naples
Bank: £4,038,919.57
Yearly Balance: £3,159,741.57
Yearly Income: £5,312,377.27
Yearly Expenses: £2,152,635.70
Total Economy (£): 105,354,068
Total Population: 9,782,179
Home Economy (£): 105,354,068
Home Population: 9,782,179
Economic Growth: 1.87%
Population Growth: 0.87%
Education Rate: 28%
Equipment: 29%
Regulars: 6,000
Reserves: 489,109
Nation Ruler: President Francesco Leopoldo

The Sokoto Caliphate
Bank: £151,131.47
Yearly Balance: £25,350.47
Yearly Income: £1,485,515.30
Yearly Expenses: £1,460,164.83
Total Economy (£): 13,383,021
Total Population: 12,800,862
Home Economy (£): 13,383,021
Home Population: 12,800,862
Economic Growth: -2.18%
Population Growth: 1.24%
Education Rate: 1%
Public Support: 6%
Equipment: 14.00%
Regulars: 30,000
Reserves: 395,088
Nation Ruler: Sultan Ahmad bin Atiku
Played By: Thandros

The Kingdom of Spain
Bank: -£107,490,818.57
Debt Payments: -£2,367,928.94
Yearly Balance: £1,638,968.80
Yearly Income: £9,808,237.81
Yearly Expenses: £5,801,340.07
Total Economy (£): 185,046,803
Total Population: 18,736,919
Home Economy (£): 136,077,010
Home Population: 12,743,811
Economic Growth: 2.84%
Population Growth: 0.06%
Colonial Holdings
Name: Spanish Caribbean
Economy (£): 10,064,630
Population: 2,027,885
Name: Spanish Philippines
Economy (£): 38,287,150
Population: 3,952,535
Name: Spanish North Africa
Economy (£): 618,013
Population: 12,688
Education Rate: 40% [+16% in 1 turns]
Prestige: 54
Public Support: 27%
Equipment: 47.00%
Regulars: 123,000
Reserves: 578,300
Screw Frigates: 6
Sail Frigates: 13
Transport Ships: 13
Nation Ruler: Queen Isabella II
Played By: Duke of Britain

The Kingdom of Sweden
Bank: -£45,573,798.87
Debt Payments: -£1,003,951.02
Yearly Balance: £1,436,539.28
Yearly Income: £3,816,162.70
Yearly Expenses: £1,375,672.40
Total Economy (£): 38,049,531
Total Population: 5,371,408
Home Economy (£): 38,049,531
Home Population: 5,371,408
Economic Growth: 2.90%
Population Growth: 0.65%
Education Rate: 100%
Prestige: 18
Public Support: 39%
Equipment: 74.00%
Regulars: 9,775
Reserves: 103,633
Sail Frigates: 9
Nation Ruler: King Charles XV
Played By: Haresus

The Swiss Confederation
Bank: £2,598,045.98
Yearly Balance: £1,980,710.88
Yearly Income: £2,655,637.31
Yearly Expenses: £674,926.43
Total Economy (£): 37,990,130
Total Population: 2,660,702
Home Economy (£): 37,990,130
Home Population: 2,660,702
Economic Growth: 3.96%
Population Growth: 0.59%
Education Rate: 90%
Prestige: 81
Public Support: 70%
Equipment: 53.00%
Regulars: 10,000
Reserves: 190,050
Nation Ruler: President Melchior Josef Martin Knüsel
Played By: RedNomNoms

The Rattanakosin Kingdom
Bank: -£922,791.18
Debt Payments: -£20,328.28
Yearly Balance: -£435,889.60
Yearly Income: £528,704.52
Yearly Expenses: £944,265.83
Total Economy (£): 14,241,199
Total Population: 5,584,784
Home Economy (£): 14,241,199
Home Population: 5,584,784
Economic Growth: 0.98%
Population Growth: 0.92%
Equipment: 18.00%
Regulars: 32,000
Reserves: 172,370
Nation Ruler: King Rama IV

The South African Republic
Bank: -£504,934.68
Debt Payments: -£11,123.27
Yearly Balance: £534,556.64
Yearly Income: £737,016.45
Yearly Expenses: £191,336.54
Total Economy (£): 15,921,033
Total Population: 595,754
Home Economy (£): 15,921,033
Home Population: 595,754
Economic Growth: 0.76%
Population Growth: 0.19%
Education Rate: 4%
Equipment: 14.00%
Regulars: 3,500
Reserves: 12,412
Nation Ruler: President Marthinus Wessel Pretorius
Played By: Seek75

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
Bank: -£738,802,718.11
Debt Payments: -£16,275,179.20
Yearly Balance: £24,854,745.45
Yearly Income: £84,878,568.17
Yearly Expenses: £43,748,643.51
Total Economy (£): 1,919,184,547
Total Population: 160,302,015
Home Economy (£): 970,057,343
Home Population: 24,765,152
Economic Growth: 1.83%
Population Growth: 1.73%
Colonial Holdings
Name: British India
Economy (£): 826,780,959
Population: 128,015,169
Name: British North America
Economy (£): 53,010,806
Population: 3,705,662
Name: British Oceania
Economy (£): 56,372,633
Population: 1,633,628
Name: British Caribbean
Economy (£): 10,427,969
Population: 1,170,654
Name: British South Africa
Economy (£): 2,534,837
Population: 1,011,750
Education Rate: 62% [+10% in 3 turns]
Prestige: 342
Public Support: 96%
Infrastructure Level: (5/5) Average [+3 in 1 turns]
Equipment: 68.00%
Regulars: 186,000
Reserves: 4,947,593
Navy Level: (2/5) Average [+2 Per Turn for 3 Turns]
Ironclads: 39 [+4 Per Turn for 3 Turns]
Ships-of-the-Line: 33
Screw Frigates: 35
Sail Frigates: 47
Transport Ships: 30
Nation Ruler: Queen Victoria
Played By: stormbringer

The United States of America
Bank: -£653,310,984.05
Debt Payments: -£14,391,870.90
Yearly Balance: -£150,091.97
Yearly Income: £23,993,885.26
Yearly Expenses: £9,752,106.33
Total Economy (£): 366,680,911
Total Population: 25,018,061
Home Economy (£): 366,680,911
Home Population: 25,018,061
Economic Growth: 3.65%
Population Growth: 1.58%
Education Rate: 70%
Prestige: 43
Public Support: 39%
Infrastructure Level: (3/5) Average [+4 in 3 turns]
Equipment: 60.00%
Regulars: 92,827
Reserves: 830,804
Ironclads: 13
Screw Frigates: 80
Transport Ships: 24
Nation Ruler: President Thaddeus Stevens
Played By: Afaslizo

The Oriental Republic of Uruguay
Bank: £4,522.52
Yearly Balance: -£14,268.48
Yearly Income: £92,434.81
Yearly Expenses: £106,703.29
Total Economy (£): 1,819,869
Total Population: 304,326
Home Economy (£): 1,819,869
Home Population: 304,326
Economic Growth: 1.78%
Population Growth: 1.84%
Education Rate: 25%
Reserves: 9,393
Nation Ruler: President Venancio Flores

The Republic of Venezuela
Bank: -£645,932.32
Debt Payments: -£14,229.33
Yearly Balance: -£168,523.78
Yearly Income: £481,430.99
Yearly Expenses: £635,725.45
Total Economy (£): 8,232,475
Total Population: 1,722,275
Home Economy (£): 8,232,475
Home Population: 1,722,275
Economic Growth: 1.92%
Population Growth: 1.82%
Education Rate: 29%
Infrastructure Level: (5/5) Failing
Equipment: 43.00%
Regulars: 6,000
Reserves: 53,157
Ships-of-the-Line: 1
Transport Ships: 6
Nation Ruler: President Juan Crisóstomo Falcón

The Eyalet of Yemen
Bank: -£44,325.13
Debt Payments: -£976.44
Yearly Balance: -£56,460.95
Yearly Income: £8,464.06
Yearly Expenses: £63,948.56
Total Economy (£): 300,944
Total Population: 161,798
Home Economy (£): 300,944
Home Population: 161,798
Economic Growth: 0.67%
Population Growth: 0.42%
Regulars: 500
Reserves: 4,994
Nation Ruler: Governor Babanli Ahmed Pasha

Last edited:
The Federated Realms recognizes the new government of Danubia in Austria proper. Their decision to continue the Hapsburg policy of imposing dominion upon their neighbors at the point of a bayonet is disappointing. We had sincerely hoped the fall of the Hapsburg monarchy would have meant a return to sanity, not an escalation in megalomania. But it seems that Danubia is as intent on inflaming ethnic conflicts in the service of Austrian dominance as Franz Joseph ever was.

We reiterate our perfect willingness to live in peace with Danubia and all other nations, if our independence is simply respected.

Last edited:
FlagoftheArgentineRepublic_zps79411ce7.jpg

This year has been a good year for our nation. A year that causes us to hold our heads up high. While we still wage a war with Chile and Paraguay due to their aggression and opportunism against Brazil, our country has seen growth in the lives of our everyday citizens! New and improved ways of education have been gained thanks to our careful efforts of standardisation, new ships will soon join our fleet in four short years and our people fight with honour and integrity! General Bartolomé Mitre won us a great victory against the forces of Chile! With his ingenious tactics involving attrition, an entire Chilean army surrendered without our soldiers even having to fire a shot! Because of this astounding victory, I hereby commission the Mitre Medal of Merit, to be awarded to those in the armed forces who conduct war with exceptional honour, integrity and ingenuity! The first recipient of this honour, will be its namesake, General Bartolomé Mitre! May he continue to make Argentina proud, and may he always protect her people!

~ President Santiago Derqui of the Argentine Republic

Flag_of_the_Papal_States.gif

States of the Church
The Vatican Council was a success; with righteous doctrines such as confirmed Papal infallibility ex cathedra being a major advancement in Catholic theology. Domestic affairs were no less successful and the Holy Father is pleased to see the people of the States of the Church being given a voice in their government. Preliminary elections are being scheduled.

Due to the recent unfortunate state of health from which the Holy Father has been suffering, and taking into account the recent declaration of neutrality promulgated in the encyclical In sacra Dei; the States of the Church and the Holy See decline to comment on foreign matters at the present moment. Future developments will be watched with interest.

In Christ,

His Eminence, Giacomo Antonelli;
Cardinal Secretary of State for His Holiness,
Pius PP IX

500px-Flag_of_Hungary_%281867-1918%29.svg.png

Prince August Louis Victor of Saxe-Coburg-Koháry, the proposed future King of the Federated Realms of Transleithania, seeks to counter the successes of nationalist and republican speakers from Danubia with his own speaking tour. Though some grumble it is beneath the dignity of a monarch to be, crowds of his curious would-be subjects turn out to hear him speak in theatres, meeting halls, outside government buildings and churches. They turn out in every town as he passes from Cluj to Buda to Zagreb. He speaks fluently in Hungarian and German, but only knows enough Croatian and Romanian for clumsy introductions and conclusions, relying on translators once he leaves Hungary proper. Printed versions of his 'stump speech' are translated into the various languages of the FRT, and printed by newspapers that reach beyond the ears of those gathered. The audience and readers are not always enthusiastic, and on occasion outright hostile, but Prince August's words are heard nonetheless.

"My good people, my fellows and friends! I thank you for listening to me. I was born a Prince, and some have named me King, but I am a man like any one of you. And like any one of you, I have a voice, and I deserve to be heard. We all deserve to be heard, and through our common efforts we have taken back the liberty to speak our minds.

We are witnesses to history. The actions we take in the coming days will have consequences for generations unborn, in ways that we cannot foretell. It is the duty in such time for every man to bear that responsibility in mind, and it weighs heavy upon me. But that weight is bearable because my heart is filled, my spirit lifted by the thought of the wondrous possibilities now open to our country. We can make in this place, in our times, such a country that shall be the wonder of the world. I speak of a nation bound together not by fear, not by force, not by the will of a despot. It will be a nation knit together by a love of freedom, dignity, and justice, a love that dwells in every heart. Such a love transcends any difference of language, of creed or of birth, and it dwells in the heart of all decent men and women. I know that you here feel that love, and it is that knowledge that fills me with hope!

You will no doubt have heard many things about the proposed constitution. The simplest thing I can say about it is this; it is a document based upon the belief that while we are not the same, we are equal. We all deserve to live without fear of violence and intimidation. We all deserve to be treated with dignity. We all deserve a voice. We deserve to keep the fruits of our labors and the legacy of our forefathers, and we all deserve to have the chance to leave a legacy for our children. For these rights, the people of our country have taken up arms, and by their efforts the tyranny of the old Empire has been destroyed forever.

For generations, Emperors have sought to divide us to rule us. They have convinced many people that no good can befall their neighbor without ill befalling them. We are told that somehow, the prosperity of a Vlach must mean woe to a Saxon, or that the happiness of a Croat depends on the sorrow of a Magyar. So long have we been told these lies, and so deeply have some accepted them, that there are those calling even now for a war of races and creeds. These people, some of whom are decent, well meaning patriots, but many of whom are agents of foreign powers, these people say that there can be no safety for anyone except in a state dominated by people who are of the right race or the right religion. These people say that lands must be have all differences violently slashed away in order to have peace.

I say to these people, are we not all men? When it rains, does the rain fall heavier on a Vlach than on the Saxon at his side? If a house burns, do the flames spare the Magyar to burn the Slovak? We are not all the same, but we all want the same things: Peace. Justice. Safety. Prosperity. These are not Hungarian values, not Catholic or Orthodox or Jewish. If we refuse to be divided, if instead we live together and accept one another, we can have these things. A free, prosperous, just society is not a fantasy, it can be real, and it starts here and now!

Now many of you are no doubt thinking, "If we are all equal, why would we need a King?" To that I say, despite what we here have all witnessed from Vienna, a monarchy need not be the enemy of liberty and equality. The Monarchy envisioned by the constitution is not one of dominance and subjugation. It is one of leadership and service. It is a monarchy where the King is as much subject to the law as the meanest beggar on the street. The crown will be restrained from Tyranny and abuses by the representatives of the people. And it is also a monarchy that allows its subjects the liberty to reject it! For I swear to you, I will not see this constitution imposed by force. I will never sit a throne of bayonets, and I shall wear no crown unless it is given to me by the will of the people, expressed when they ratify the constitution. And if, as the constitution allows, the people of part or all of Transleithania choose in due time to part ways with this Federation of Crowns, and with me as their King, I shall wish them all the best this world has to offer them, because that is what they deserve! That is what we all deserve!

I call upon you gathered here to embrace unity, to reject a future of constant conflict and jealousy, and to speak out against the voices of separation and division! A better world is within our grasp, if we only do not lose heart! I ask you all to give me the opportunity to be the King Transleithania has always deserved.

Thank you all, and may God bless Transleithania!

500px-Union_Jack_of_Sweden_and_Norway_%281844-1905%29.svg.png

Murder, injustice, destruction and chaos! These 'republicans' are nothing but murderers, anarchists and other assorted scum. Their pillaging in Denmark brutally slayed Christian IX, honourable king of Denmark, and thousands of others. This is outrageous, scandalous and shocking on a scale rarely seen before. Even in the greatest turmoil of Austria, Bavaria or Württemberg there was no effort to kill the monarch in cold murder. A proper degree of civilised and rational thinking was still in the minds of people throughout those uprisings. But a raving mad group of radicals have done what can not be considered acceptable by any legitimate state of the world! The murder of Christian IX must be avenged and Frederick VIII must be crowned king of Denmark.

We call upon the United Kingdom, the Russian Empire and the Kingdom of Prussia to stop this great injustice in Denmark. The Treaty of Flensburg guaranteed the sovereignty and independence of the Kingdom of Denmark, but no such guarantee was made for this illegitimate and dangerous group of radicals currently in control of Denmark against the will of the law and the people.
To Frederick VIII, we ask that you return to Europe and live in Sweden, where you can prepare for your ascension to the Danish throne.

- King Karl XV of Sweden and Norway

Last edited:
images

This is absolute and utter madness and barbarity. The monarchy has given the Bavarian people everything; the country they live in, everything within and most recently 50 years of peace! And this violent group of radicals in Münich would throw away the gifts and continuancy of centuries and their god-given king for their sacrilegious "republic", outrageously claiming the support of the Bavarian public. I call on any honest Bavarian, who stands loyal to God whether Catholic or Protestant, to protest this illegitimate government in the name of God, stability, king and country!

I would wish poverty and decay upon this Republic if it were not for the people living within it, but I fear I will not have to.

Ludwig II, king of Bavaria.

GERM005.gif

Fellow Bavarian's, under god, we have been able to secure the right to exercise our opinion on our nation should advance, how the nation should be administrated, who should oversee the advancement of Bavaria, and, secure the rights of Bavaria as a sovereign nation. Now is not a time to clamor for individual issues, but for problems on a national level, that not only affects you, but your neighbor, your family, every Bavarian. I would like to thank god personally, for allowing the changes in Bavaria to proceed bloodlessly.

I call upon all patriotic Bavarian's to help me, you, your neighbor, your friend, and especially, Bavaria, to safeguard the newly found rights which has been blessed upon us, and to help Bavaria become a nation of peace, of liberality, and a nation of Bavarian's, for Bavarian's. I, and the newly created government shall oversee the creation of a constitution which shall guarantee the rights of every Bavarian.

I pray solemnly to God that he may oversee the change which has rocked this nation, and that this nation will prosper even more, from the changes, and enter a new age of prosperity, peace, and finally, that every Bavarian may live a good life. This has been Helmut von Addleburg, your new President and your humble servant.

russian_imperial_flag_zps6cbcbe8b.gif

The Russian Empire is shocked and appalled by the complete unravelling of the European order in the past few years. The hubris of the Austrians has completely shattered the European balance of power. Now Russia and the other Great Powers will pick up the pieces. We will do our utmost to ensure return to normality on the European continent. This Republican menace will be stamped out.

The rebels in Congress Poland will be the first to receive the attention of Mother Russia. Those rebels who do throw down their weapons and surrender to the Imperial Army will be shown clemency. Those who do not give in to the will of the Tsar will be punished as traitors to the Crown.

The Tsar is also deeply grieved by the death of his cousin, Christian IX of Denmark. His murder will not go unpunished. We therefore offer Frederick VIII safe refuge in Saint Petersburg, so he can rest and ready himself for his return to his nation. We are currently distracted by other matters, but we are sure that the Kingdom of Sweden can crush the Danish rebels without too much fuss.

~Alexander II, His Imperial Majesty The Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias.