• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, yes, kill all the peasants! Not one will be left.

Plus, killing off those pesky other branches of my dynasty can be useful. Just try not to kill the good ones. Considering the track record, I'll never have another genius son reaching adulthood. They may be imbeciles, but at least they're immune to the plague.

I really enjoyed the way the plague events worked in CK1 (though it's been at least since CK2 came out that I played, so let me know if I'm forgetting some horrible thing about it).

There could be lots of interesting effects attached to the plagues, such as reduction of noble's income (peasants became more demanding as they became more in demand), which of course would be offset by the nobility inheriting their brother's/cousin's/etc. fiefs. Religious authority could plummet as people of particular religions lose their faith or come to believe that their church is on the wrong path and this is punishment. Trade posts could fall victim, and lose levels/buildings, or be completely destroyed. Etc.

At first I was like, "Well this is a silly idea, everything suggested can be modded."
But it would actually be quite nice if part of a dlc was modelling actual populations. Even a barebones mechanic like in Eu3 for population would be helpful in actually demonstrating how deadly the plague was, hopefully with the realistic aspect of a high standard deviation in terms of % killed per province. As it stands, the plague has no long term effects and it just can't be demonstrated with existing mechanics, besides the death of nobles who might have reproduced.

We've got Republics, Aztecs, and Vikings, let's get something to do with the bubonic plague. There is a ton of stuff you could do with this that would give the player a lot of interesting choices.

For instance plague infested areas that are quarantined get a higher chance of revolting as more people in the city die, and sending an army there to deal with the revolt could spread more plague when the soldiers return to their own homes after fighting the peasants.

It could have a lot of interaction with the republic DLC as trading with plague cities increases the chances of getting plague.

Or an invading army from a plague city has a chance to spread plague to you.

You could send your court chaplain there to help stop the spread, it would potentially tear through the clergy that are stationed there. A bishop in a plague town might not last too long, but a town without a bishop is more likely to revolt.

It would also bring up a huge amount of dialogue options. Like building barricades etc. Also if an actual character gets infected perhaps you could have the option to lock them in quarantine at a relationship penalty if they survive. And the option to send characters you don't like to live in plague towns. Or to send your plague victims to other cities you don't like.

That's just stuff off the top of my head, but a plague DLC would add a whole lot of interesting options, and let you really get "stuck in" in that medieval age feeling. Right now the plagues that happen in the game don't have that apocalyptic feeling that they should.
Every person in your dynasty dies, enjoy!

Every person in your dynasty dies, enjoy!

Finally, someone that understands me!

Brother, after we embrace above the bodies left behind by the ravaging plague that has spread 'cross all of Europe, we should walk off into to the sunset together, which has been blackened by the superstitious peasants burning their dead and releasing their foul ashes into the formerly blue sky.

The plague in CK1 was great (though i often played DViP or TASS Mods, but not sure if they influenced it), at that time in the game you were big, but this disease could bring down your kingdom/empire and dynasty.
Panic is good when you're big and kind of bored.

Well, I meant a plague makeover, not just some patching (since these are fully moddeable, as others have said). Kinda like TOG does a makeover on technology to make it more interactive and not so passive, Id like to see the mechnics and possibilities of interaction abit more fleshed out. Maybe even some... Ahem... Chemical warfare?
I meant this, sorry:
But the technology revision is part of the patch and not the DLC itself. Of course it is financed by the DLC, but unlike TOG it will be free for everyone.

I was about to suggest this topic, too (but had forgotten my login-data). Actually, the end game feels a bit hmhm boring right now. I men, there are only the Timurids as a scripted event, but none of the other aspects, which were typical for the late medieval times. There doesnt is something like the great catholic schism, nor is there any signifant hint to the upcoming renaissance, nor the increasing use of writing or the great expands in technology. Hence, I thought, we'd need something to flesh out the 14th century a bit, decreasing the enormous dynasty size one has normally reached at this point (in 1400, I'm normally at 200 living dynasty members at least).

What about the Plague Doctors? There were plenty of them who weren't just quacks in beaks, such as Nostradamus, and yes I mean that Nostradamus. They weren't very effective, but some of them such as Nostradamus, did give some pretty good advice and had some pretty good ideas.

The plague was arguably as big an event as the Mongol invasions, and I do think it needs to be modeled. I wasn't overly happy with it in CK1. As far as actual deaths it should have swept through like a hurricane in a few months in any one court instead of going on for decades, but at least it was a noticeable event. I don't know if it merits a DLC by itself, though.