• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DH dev team has provided us with the latest alpha version of DH 1.04 for our mod development...partly because three of our team members also contribute to DH itself. Our current TRP version is up and running...on DH 1.04 alpha. We don't know exactly what parts of the current mod would be affected and what work would have to be done if we decided to publish another 1.03 - release. Moreover, we're still doing test-runs and (gradually) implementing new stuff like incentives for historic gameplay. For example, we've added a possibility for the Axis to intercept Lend-Lease convoys to Britain and the USSR and we've re-written the "IC relocation to Siberia"-event chain in order to provoke a race for IC provinces in western USSR in 1941. We'd like to focus on these new features and on playtesting rather than trying to re-create a compatible version. :eek:o

Where can i find decision for Germany to release puppet Serbia & Croatia , can't find it in Germany decision.
I like to give some province to Italy so they can link their land with occupy Greece , but it's prevent the decision trigger so i want to reedit it :p.

I have 2 questions-are the mecanized divisions worthy for germany? or I should concentrate only on armored divisions for hard units?
And i asked about the combined arm bonus but i did not receive answer-how the combined arms bonus works in TRP? Thanks for the answer

Last edited:
I have 2 questions-are the mecanized divisions worthy for germany? or I should concentrate only on armored divisions for hard units?
And i asked about the combined arm bonus but i did not receive answer-how the combined arms bonus works in TRP? Thanks for the answer
yes, mechanized units are worth it for germany. especially after the war starts you should start focusing on building them and arm also

Pretty sure mechanized count as hard units. The ratio to get combined arms is one hard and two soft units. So one tank and two motorized. It works with two tanks and four mot aswell, as long as you keep the ratio. Not sure it works with infantry aswell, since you want to exploit the speed, i cant even remember if i ever tried it with infantry.

It works better on the offence than on the defence. From the misc.txt:

"# Combat Modifier: Offensive Combined Arms Bonus
# Combat Modifier: Defensive Combined Arms Bonus
0.10"

You need at least 33% hard units (armor, mechanized infantry) and at least 33% soft units (any other type) inside a corps to get the combined arms bonus. So everything from 1:2 to 2:1 will work.

I stand corrected then. Has it always been like this in DH or did you guys change it in the mod?

It's at least 33% of the whole corps, not 33% of the opposite unit type. So 1:2 / 2:1 is correct.

As Germany, i normally don't build mechanized divisions but "real" armored units instead. They offer a bigger punch within the command limit. But if there's a lack of IC and/or research capability (for example as Italy, Japan, Canada, Romania,...), i really like to switch to mechanized infantry for building up a spearhead corps instead.

You are right about the 33%-thanks for the explanation :)
So if I don't research and don't activated "mechanized division" there will be no "elite mechaznized division" event for germany? Is this a reason for research mechanized division? How many elite armored division came for germany via events? I know about 2.............and how many mechanized?

Last edited:
Hi All!

I would like to share an idea regarding capital ship building.

In the past and current versions of Hoi all ships were deployed and actually brought into game
when they were 100% complete on the production line and added to a province with port.
In reality when the hull was ready the remaining work was done on the half complete floating platform.
It was already a potential target for air attacks, torpedo attacks and could be spotted by the enemy easily especially
in the case of large capital ships.
This aspect of ship building can be implemented into the game with relative ease.
-When a ship is completed it should have no attack values and low sea and air defense values
as it is just a floating hull.
-Then it will be upgraded to a new model that now has the combat values of the final ship.
-Total production time and cost should be divided between time and cost to produce the hull and
upgrade time and cost to reach the combat ready ship stage.

This also adds some to the feeling that your capital ship is so valuable and has to be protected
and hidden before the enemy finds out you are building it.
I think the modification can be done fairly easily as you only need to add 1 modell for each capital ship modell
and modify naval starting units modell and minor mod to tech tree.

Only a few hours of work and you can contribute to some fancy naval unit simulation.
I can help you with the modification aswell if you decide to implement this idea.

@Fabiusz: 13 armored elite units, no motorized elite units

@geLaden44: Interesting idea, but sadly it isn't AI-proof. AI-controlled nations wouldn't be able to distinguish between combat-ready vessels and those that are still under construction. In case of a war, they would send them out both, regardless of their value. And as soon as you reduce their speed to 0 to keep them in port, you'd most likely block dozens of other ships that are stacked into the very same fleet.

Status
Not open for further replies.