• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is that Unified estimate including Elsaß, Lothringen, Eupen, North Schleswig, Austria, Bohemia, Moravia, East Brandenburg, Silesia, Posen, Pomerania, West Prussia and East Prussia?

No, Only territories of East German State.

What will happen to numerous allied and soviet divisions? If they remain, you won't have a chance to stand up as fourth reich.

We will see this :)

PART XXXV : KOREAN WAR​

[video=youtube;JBfjU3_XOaA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBfjU3_XOaA[/video]​

February 1950

In East Germany, Stasi ( State Security ) was established to suppress anti-communist elements within German society. Chancellor A

uPdRYy3.png

Federal Germany is catching the rest of the world in terms of innovations.

bERFOsU.png

March 1950

On 15 March, Soviet Union detonated its first atomic bomb.

m88VsGg.jpg

First Soviet atomic bomb test

May 1950

South Korean intelligence informed NATO countries that North Korea is massing troops around 38th Parallel.

HrHNfPm.png

June 1950

Border clashes erupted along 38th Parallel between North Korean and South Korean forces on June 6.

TlHtk3c.png

On the dawn of June 26, North Korean forces began to pour into South Korea.

g5eGrMK.png

war_1666150c.jpg

North Korean T-34s preparing to cross 38th Parallel

July 1950

On July 2, United Nations Security Council approved intervention in Korea to repel aggressive North Korean attack. Soviet Union couldn't veto the move as it was boycotting the UN due to PRC not being recognized as representatives of China in United Nations.

Ybl02j2.png

korea-005.jpg

United Nations voting in favor of intervention in Korea

On July 7, East Germany and Poland signed Treaty of Zgorcelec. With this agremeent, East Germany agreed that Oder-Neisse line is the definite border between Germany and Poland. Chancellor Adenauer quickly despised the agremeent and said that it has no validity in the Western World.

JD7d02k.png

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-R87570%2C_G%C3%B6rlitzer_Abkommen.jpg

Cyrankiewicz and Grotewohl walking together to sign the agreement

On July 10, Seoul and Chun-Cheon were captured by North Korean Army.

rAkRjf9.png

[video=youtube;LZoy6wRJ-pw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZoy6wRJ-pw[/video]

Battle in the streets of Seoul

Last edited:
Isn't that a bit too early? If you can build your industry and army up in that time i will eat my hat!

The game ends in 1964. I think 1956 start is good to see everything being resolved. Soviets have just built their first nuke. We don't want them to have so many nukes. Also, Hungarian Revolution seems like a good starting fire to me. What is your suggestions ?

This movie Clip isn't about Seoul,but Pyongyang :D

The game ends in 1964. I think 1956 start is good to see everything being resolved. Soviets have just built their first nuke. We don't want them to have so many nukes. Also, Hungarian Revolution seems like a good starting fire to me. What is your suggestions ?

Ok,Start in Hungarian revolution :)

PART XXXVI : ESTABLISHMENT OF BUNDESWEHR​

July 1950

With Communist attack against Korea, worries about the security of Europe increased dramatically in United States. Chancellor Adenauer sent his foreign minister to Washington DC to discuss about the possible German integration into NATO. According to Chancellor Adenauer, the best way to protect Europe from Soviet invasion is to rearm Germany. President Truman agreed to the importance of powerful Germany for barrier against communism.

August 1950

On August 5, Federal Germany officially joined to NATO and promised to rearm itself as soon as possible. Soviet Union protested angrily stating that United States is cooperating with Nazis and threatened to invade West Berlin if Germany re-arms itself.

1iSQltt.png

NATO

In Korea, North Korean forces invaded most of the peninsula as of August 8.

Dp46p1S.png

UN Forces began to land on Busan.

s5ww9wo.png

On August 7, UN Forces under General Douglas MacArthur began their massive counter-offensive against Communist forces. Soviets also continue to supply critical war supplies to North Korea.

dXeSMp3.png

3.rhee.macarthur.jpg

General MacArthur with Syngman Rhee

On August 11, Bundestag approved the reestablishment of German Armed Forces. Armed Forces were named as Bundeswehr following the suggestion of General Manteuffel.

GIEdkMZ.png

ICuYYl9.png

Chancellor Adenauer visiting the first Bundeswehr training battalion

UN Forces are swiftly throwing Reds out of South Korea.

5ZwVCYf.png

KoreanWar_recover_Seoul.jpg

Street figting in Korea

September 1950

UN Forces reached to 38th Parallel by September 12. There are discussion within NATO command about if 38th Parallel should be crossed or not. General MacArthur wants to cross the border to unify Korea while President Truman is cautious for not to provoke Chinese.

7yzS21J.png

jh8CXds.png

US Soldiers sitting along 38th Parallel

October 1950

Our economic recovery continues at an ever increasing rate.

tPAEdyv.png

On October 11, Bundestag enacted 2-year conscription system for the newly created Bundeswehr.

o0y1LUo.png

With the crossing of 38th Parallel, Mao ordered PLA to cross the Yalu river and stop UN Forces.

1LgYewF.png

China_Crosses_Yalu.jpg

Chinese troops crossing the Yalu River

Ah. That can't be good.

Well that's the army back on its feet.

PART XXXVII : END OF KOREAN WAR​

November 1950

On November 18, Pyongyang has fallen into UN Forces.

VobvkD0.png

Despite Chinese support, North Korean Army has been severely defeated. North Korean forces are surrendering en masse.

zv7LHw3.png

Mao withdrew his remaining forces from Korea. On November 29, Syngman Rhee declared victory in Korean War. Victory of South Korea was hailed as victory over communism throughout the Western World. Kim Il Sung and prominent members of Worker's Party of Korea fled to Moscow.

h2unQ48.png

January 1951

Mohammed Mosaddegh was elected prime minister of Iran on January 5.

ehfCy6J.png

March 1951

Iranian Prime Minister announced nationalization of British oil fields in Iran.

34sRf7A.png

Federal Germany began rearmament process by fielding mechanized forces into field.

CyA6xYe.png

Chancellor Adenauer also started a secret missile project and a nuclear research program led by Heisenberg.

MeiTbo0.png

LONG LIVE REPUBLIC OF KOREA!

And Good job my friend,FDR must rise back!

The best AAR for a very long time. Interesting to see an alternate cold war. Believable, yet at some points different (Kurdistan was really interesting venture). Republic of Korea controlling the whole peninsula is interesting, the fighting will be fierce once the war breaks out.

to rebuild the Bundeswehr I would suggest Inf+SPart+SPat as backbone of your troops. If you have all anti tank and SProcket arty techs then this combo is very powerful. for quick pincer exploitation get some Armored with eng or AC brigades. Air force can consist of only Tac+esc. they can support your troops while holding their own against enemy fighters. and I hope you use mobility doctrine.

Last edited:
to rebuild the Bundeswehr I would suggest Inf+SPart+SPat as backbone of your troops. If you have all anti tank and SProcket arty techs then this combo is very powerful. for quick pincer exploitation get some Armored with eng or AC brigades. Air force can consist of only Tac+esc. they can support your troops while holding their own against enemy fighters. and I hope you use mobility doctrine.

Edit: just found that due to a bug you cannot fully abandon firepower land doctrine, so no going back to mobility :(

My plan is to build highly mobile striking force. For this I plan to :

+ Build 3 x INF ( 1 ENG + 2 ART ) units for only defense purposes.
+ 3 X MOT units for mobile infantry in offensives.
+ 3X MEC and 3 x ARM unites for blitzing
+ I may not build any aircrafts other than fighters. I don't have many ICs, my priority is to create an army capable of very fast encirclements.

Guys, I have another question for you;

I research nuclear technology and will probably able to produce nukes by 1956 if i build reactors. The question is reactors are very expensive and will limit the size of my Bundeswehr. Should I invest in reactors just to have 1 or 2 nukes by 1956, should i focus on my army ?