• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Regina

Lt. General
5 Badges
Jan 29, 2008
www.paradoxdevelopmentstudio.com
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
Ladies & Gentlemen,
the time has come to take action!

We are very happy to let thy know that Victoria II: Heart of Darkness has been make available to the people!

It is truly a bloody job running a country,
But at least you are lord and master of all your survey and answer to no one but yourself.
No, wait a minute… You aren't... Because of those damned people!
So, let’s enter the glorious world of politics!

We do recommend that you consider purchasing the Victoria II: Heart of Darkness expansion here:
http://www.victoria2.com/game-info/buy-the-game

Read the manual here:
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/in-game/v2/Victoria_II_Heart_of_Darkness_Manual.pdf

Oh, and if you haven´t played Vicky2 before, now is your chance
- because the previous games and expansions are currently on 75% off to celebrate the release of the expansion! ;)

cheers,
regina

Here are the buy links for Victoria II: Heart of Darkness:

Steam

Gamersgate

Amazon

Gamefly

GameStreamer

PCGameStore

GreenManGaming

Gamesaur

Paradox Web Shop

Here are the buy links for the DLC:s:

Victoria II: German Unit Pack DLC

Steam

Gamersgate

Amazon

Gamestreamer

PCGameStore

Victoria II: Songs of the Civil War DLC

Steam

Gamersgate

Amazon

Gamestreamer

PCGameStore

Victoria II: Interwar Engineer Unit DLC

Steam

Gamersgate

Amazon

Gamestreamer

PCGameStore

About Victoria II: Heart of Darkness expansion
Dominate the Victorian age with Victoria II: Heart of Darkness, the second expansion to Victoria II, the political simulator where the population reacts to your decisions.Enter an era of dramatic politics, rapid transformation of technology, colonization and military force. Advance your national destiny with the expansion that offers a cutthroat colonization and new crisis mechanics that forces the Great Powers to pay attention to seemingly quiet corners of the world. Rejoice, you can also explore the revised naval system and the customizable newspaper feature guaranteed that you can follow major developments half a globe away. Have a cup of tea, sit back and relax while you realize that there is no gambling like politics ;)

Do you wish to know more before you decide to purchase the expansion?
Lovely, here is a bit of reading for you :)

Read the developer diaries here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?671476-Victoria-II-Heart-of-Darkness-Developer-Diary-Archive

Read interviews about the expansion here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?680517-Victoria-II-Heart-of-Darkness-Interviews

Ulm plays Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness as Austria here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?679141-Ulm-plays-Victoria-2-Heart-of-Darkness-as-Austria-Archive

VictoriaII_HeartofDarkness_Packshot.jpg

Last edited:
Any ETA for Steam version? Any problem if I buy it elsewhere (Both my Vic 2 + AHD were from Steam).

Is it possible to use the Heart of Darkness and the House Divided Addons in your shop with a Vic 2 Steam version?
And why is there no Steam-Version of HoD?

EDIT: Sry, I did not see the post from Beagá

Last edited:
I bought a physical cd when Vicky II came out. I bought AHD from the Steam. Now it says about HoD that I can't order it because I don't have a steam version of it. How it was possible to purchase AHD via Steam but not HoD?

E: By the way, I have a Steam version of Vicky II if I get it right. When I click Vicky I got Vicky news coming to that game-screen. Not blank like when you import non-steam game to Steam and play via it.

Is GameStop (formerly Impulse) still selling the expansion?

Actually I have purchased Vicky II complete with DLC:s and Victoria I, so it is quite odd that I can't purchase HoD...

I'm pretty sure that the steam version hasn't been released for sale yet as there is no price tag next to it when searching their store. I've heard the time of about 6pm GMT thrown around for likely availability through the steam store itself.

I just bought Victoria 2 HoD through Gamersgate though my Victoria 2 is from Amazon. Once I've downloaded the files it says that Victoria 2 can't be found? I've been eagerly anticipating this DLC and am gutted I can't play it. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks

Will a digital download be available through Amazon anytime in the near future?

I went ahead and purchased through GamersGate, I'm too eager to play it.

Last edited:
Does it require VicII and AHD to be on Steam? I have them on gamestop and it's giving me an activation code for the steam verison after I bought it on gamestop. I hope I don't have to buy VicII & AHD again..

Does it require VicII and AHD to be on Steam? I have them on gamestop and it's giving me an activation code for the steam verison after I bought it on gamestop. I hope I don't have to buy VicII & AHD again..
Wait, is HoD on Impulse now??

Wait do you mean I can purchase the "other" version from them then? Also Gamestop hides the codes in the email-receipt from what I remember.

Yes you can buy it off gamestop, but no it's giving me an activation code for Steam.

I got the same thing. Very annoying because I've stopped buying games on Steam that I don't have to, and so my Vicky2 stuff is on Impulse because it went on sale.

I'm guessing it's because they don't have the full download yet? Because the game page says nothing about requiring Steam.

I got the same thing. Very annoying because I've stopped buying games on Steam that I don't have to, and so my Vicky2 stuff is on Impulse because it went on sale.

I'm guessing it's because they don't have the full download yet? Because the game page says nothing about requiring Steam.

I just told the same thing to Gamestop support. I'll post what they say, because now it says that it requires Steam and what not.

So I bought the digital download versions of Victoria II and A House Divided a long time ago both from amazon market place, and am a big fan. Now when I bought Heart of Darkness from Amazon as well, I figured it would be compatible with the other two, but since it requires steam, I just coughed up 20 dollars for a game I can't use. Please, is there any way I could get a refund or exchange the codes for the digital copies of Victoria II and AHD registered to me for steam ones?