• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Poland for Polish!We need a POLISH King!Choose Augustyn I Czartoryski!

Mendog is the best choice game-wise. Without Lithuanian IC it's harder to get it going. And that's your best bet to get rid of the puppet status. That, or you gonna have to DOW Austria.

Well, for historical purposes I'd say go with Karl Albrecht of Austria. He's the son of Charles Stephen of Austria who was the original candidate for the Polish throne put forward by the Central Powers. He'd probably also be quite eager to prove himself as a true Pole, if his record of behaviour during our own timeline's WW2 has got anything to say.

Gameplay-wise, Mindaugas is a probably the best choice. If the union of Poland and Lithuania completes, you'll be much, much stronger in regards to IC and guaranteed a way out of the annoying puppet-status.

Choose Augustyn I, if for no other reason, then because turning into the Commonwealth might make you miss critical events.

Also:

- In the first post, when that Polish-Galician joint company was proposed, did you know that thanks to a bug, the +1 IC was actually given to Bergen in Norway?
- Countries often have the wrong sliders initially, did Soviet Russia not turn back into a far leftist country after the initial setup events? They do for me.

Mindaugas III.

If you want the freedom to choose your own direction, go right ahead for the PLC option, but if you want lots of events, don't go down that route. You'll get a few early on, but after that? Zilch.

I believe that the only event he'll miss is the one about demanding Posen from Germany when they struggle with France. Turning into P-Lc still gives you events about cores on Posen, Danzig and parts of Silesia + east.

I believe that the only event he'll miss is the one about demanding Posen from Germany when they struggle with France. Turning into P-Lc still gives you events about cores on Posen, Danzig and parts of Silesia + east.

I sat for almost 1.5 years with nothing. Now I didn't wait for the war to start so maybe I missed all of that then, but someone above said that you miss a lot of events so I tried to test it myself.

I have an autosave pretty close to the last bit I played, I'll see if I still get anything once WK2 starts.

EDIT: I didn't get anything. I was stuck between a victorious CoF and the Neo-Entente of Canada, Australasia, National France, German Afrika, and the Ukraine so I ended up cheating and allying with France to get some provinces out of Ukraine.

Last edited:
I choose Augustyn I. From the Arctic to the Mediterranean, from Ireland to Vladivostok, the Poles shall rule a united Miedzymorze under Warsaw.

VIVA POLONIA!!!

It's either Mendog or Augustyn. The other choices leave you as a satrap to Germany and Austria. Mendog will give you Poland-Lithuania, and the resultant IC bonus. However, staying as Poland has its benefits, as (iirc) the Commonwealth does not get the Prussian Partition events where it gains cores on Posen and West Prussia and maybe Silesia too, although I might have to check the event files for that.

Mendog.

I go for Mendog. For Poland!

Long Live Polandia!