How the hell are units traded between countries intended to reach their destination?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dzanic

Second Lieutenant
6 Badges
Aug 8, 2009
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • 500k Club
What the hell.. more and more problems the more I play. Was this game only done half-way through and then just released?

I have in detail gone through all available manuals and the more I try to play this game the more problems I encounter and the worst thing is that there are no logical solutions to any of the flaws in the designs. Obviously it is a complex game but too many question cannot be answered.

Next problem encountered in my own battle with the game to try and play it: How does someone receive or deliver their weapons from an allied nation? Any atempt to send forces result in their inabiltiy to reach their target.
Anyone know?

Well with magic transport off (or w.e the gd option is called now) they must physically be able to actually move to their new country. So the target nation would need transit treaties with nations in between the 2.
However with magic transport on, they will instantly transfer to the nation with some repairs(reassembly) required depending on military difficulty setting. (I suggest this option due to the AI not caring if they have a proper path or not)

Don't buy planes from far away, they have to fly from their country to destination IIRC. It's not really a bug its more of a newbie trap ;)

Was Japan. Bought Swiss soldiers. Worse mistake ever. But I defeated the swiss quite faste when they declared war on me.

I play on the hardest settings. Couldnt someone have informed me about this before I did so..
But I think I will start over again for the fifth time and keep in mind to have magic transport on.
Problem is that most of the settings are not explained what they do.. even if you hover your mouse above them..

How does one go about turning on magic transport?

The option is called diplomatic merchant marines now. Its under the military options setup tab. You want it OFF. (not checked)

Any other suggested settings to keep in mind?
Very hard military difficulty. The rest of the difficulty options modify the way the game rules work either in your favor (easy) or the AIs (hard) so generally i leave the rest at medium for a "balanced" game. But the rest is really just preference.

Also if you want "realistic" weapon and spotting ranges you need to turn the enhanced spotting and weapons OFF.