• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The US DID intervene in the war. Their armies advanced towards Mexico City, they occupied the capital and most main cities, and forced the government to sign an unfair treaty to "compensate" Mexico's loss of land.

The US DID intervene in the war. Their armies advanced towards Mexico City, they occupied the capital and most main cities, and forced the government to sign an unfair treaty to "compensate" Mexico's loss of land.

I believe you are thinking of the Mexican-American war (as it is called in America) rather than the Texan revolution. They are separate events.

In other threads I've suggested a much more dynamic Great Power system. Great Powerdom should be handed out on a Continent by Continent basis (5 GPs for Europe, 3 for every other continent), have minimum score requirements,
and finally require a realistic system of power projection. As I've said elsewhere, America needs to influence Latin America for the game to work, but Egypt? Austria should be active in Italy, but in Brazil?

Power projection would be some sort of complex formula that basically calculates how many troops you could feasibly ship to and field in that continent based on naval range, transports, and the like. Any country would be able to turn
itself into a World Power and influence multiple continents, but it should require hard work creating a navy AND the system of bases to support it. Minimum scores would cut down on silliness. Great Powers should begin as:
EUROPE
Britain
France
Prussia
Austria
Russia

Potential = Italy, Greater Netherlands, Ottoman Empire

NORTH AMERICA
America
Britain
France

Potential = Mexico

SOUTH AMERICA
America
Britain
France

Potential = Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay

AFRICA
Britain
France
Ottoman Empire

Potential = Successful colonial powers (Germany is a historical example)

ASIA
Britain
France
Russia

Potential = Civilized China, civilized Japan, civilized independent India, expansionist Netherlands