• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1842 and only 5 infamy? How?

Pure luck. I think only one "Free People" justification was discovered, only one "Acquire State" justification was discovered and final "Conquer" justification was also not discovered. I'm also a bit confused on this now that I went back and reloaded that save, as I don't ever remember seeing the "Conquer" justification in any other play through as the U.S. Also basically every other possible decision was made with reducing infamy in mind, as I was constantly worried about the British attacking from Canada. Also the war with Mexico was fairly quick, with more time and effort spent justifying than fighting. Having only played Vic2 about 15 times I've never seen anything quite like this play through and don't suppose I will again. At least anytime soon.

oXpzVpx.jpg

This is what I did (I have Alaska too). I've tried a whole Mexico approach to expansion before, but I simply could not make the southern portion of it Yankee. Instead I opted to take the northernmost states that weren't already cored. After that I went North, and was as stubborn as I could be with Canada. I have to say Britain attacks just a little too much, they shouldn't be that adamant to take back Columbia if its gained statehood. Perhaps there should be option to reorganise the territory after the USA reaches up north too, now I have ALL the Canada cores, Rupert's Land and the Northwest territories will stay as it is for the rest of the game. A chance to admit the rest of Quebec, surrender other lands and possibly release a Rupert's Land or rump state Dominion would be excellent, as would an event at some point to clear up the rather bizzare British cores that end up there. If they were replaced with Rupert's Land cores or something and then there were events to push the British out of North America entirely, that'd be awesome.

The same goes for Mexico really. An "All Mexico" approach to Manifest destiny should be an option, but should turn the USA into a pariah and should dramatically extend slave power. Maybe if the USA works hard enough, Mexican could become accepted and the nation could be broken up or assimilated by other powers (maybe the USCA could get Yucatan and Chiapas, a Nahua/Native culture state could be possible to form and America could eat up its neighbours in a historically plausible way ( I can't say I favoured the constant acquire state approach, it gives no flavour to the idea of taking all of Mexico, which was a real political consideration at the time.) Oh, and an event to remove Mexican cores from the USA wouldn't hurt either. Seems a bit odd to have them if the treaty of Guadeloupe-Hidalgo was signed and there are no longer any Mexicans out there.

This is APD, by the way. I relied on a lot of its features.

Actually in a way you are doing much better than I am. Currently I have no chance at an offensive into Canadian areas, and will have to wait for Russia to sell Alaska for me to acquire anything in the North. Also now that I have Cuba, I basically have no expansion options other than adding to my sphere. Have went to war after receiving event Casus Belli against very small and weak countries, only to be DoWed by a major power (usually ENG) within a few months of going to war and getting thumped rather quickly as the homeland is left poorly defended and my navy stands no chance really even of survival once open war comes against another major.

I am with on Britain's aggressiveness. In nearly every play through I have done as the U.S., they have been a complete pain and have prevented me from making inroads anywhere but the continental U.S. and Mexico. And they come from both the East and West!! I'm in complete agreement that once the Brits are forced out of Canadian regions they should be much less inclined to risk attacking to regain territory their.

During my peace negotiations in this game it was an option to give control of the Yucatan to USC, but the Mexicans would not agree to it (seems like IRL they would have been much more open to USC rule than USA rule). Recently I have been getting a lot of cores in MEX now that they have been under my rule for a while, so it would appear that they may become assimilated after all.

I am actually having more trouble with Northern Mexico as far as revolt (map below).

2i1ds1s.jpg