• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Seelensturm

Lt. General
18 Badges
Jan 30, 2007
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
In the new patching and expansion policy for Paradox Development Studio it is stated:

There will be no problems with this in multiplayer, and if you have bought one expansion and your friend has bought another, you can still play together. You will have access to the features you bought and your friend the features he bought.

I am not sure I understand this.
If I own only expansion A and my friend only expansion B, will we have access to

a) both expansions?
b) none of them as we need to own them both?
c) only the expansion of the host?

I am asking this with EU4 in mind and for gameplay changing expansions, not local stuff such as sprites or music.

In CK2 there are no expansions per se, but there are four (so far) content-ful DLCs (ie more than just new graphics or music). You can see more about them in that forum (esp MP) but I believe if the host has a DLC all players have access to that DLC's features.

In the new patching and expansion policy for Paradox Development Studio it is stated:

I am not sure I understand this.
If I own only expansion A and my friend only expansion B, will we have access to

a) both expansions?
b) none of them as we need to own them both?
c) only the expansion of the host?

I am asking this with EU4 in mind and for gameplay changing expansions, not local stuff such as sprites or music.
it simply means that if you bought one dlc, and your friend bought another ,you'll both be able to play the vanilla version without problems(without any dlc's).
it'd be illogical if you could both play both dlc's which 'd mean u dont have to buy a dlc to play it, regarding host aswell.

it simply means that if you bought one dlc, and your friend bought another ,you'll both be able to play the vanilla version without problems(without any dlc's).
it'd be illogical if you could both play both dlc's which 'd mean u dont have to buy a dlc to play it, regarding host aswell.

But it does work that way, to an extent. Whatever gameplay elf's the host selects are applied to everyone.

I played a multiplayer The Republic game as a patrician when I hadn't bought it (but the host did have it enabled); the only thing was that my characters were all naked because I didn't have the dlc clothing.

I played as a muslim since Muslims do have clothes in Vanilla ck2, in a friends mp, sadly mps are hard to come by even with these great benefits.