• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jun 20, 2012
I am not sure if I am in the right place to write but here it goes...

Half day of March of Eagles and truly let me down... This isnt the GREAT PARADOX GAMES that I am used to...

At the end.... Was this game the one that replace Magna Mundi ?? was it??

I guess I won my bet against my cousin... He bought the game, I didnt... but now I do not need it anymore.... :(

Wondering how long is this game on the table? And when started....
Was before or after the cancelation of Magna Mundi ??

I just hope all of you enjoy this game, but believe me... I am great fan of Europa universalis, victoria, Hearts of Iron and so on... This isnt any closer to none of those....

Just hope better games to come, I have more faith in east and west then I had on March of Eagles ...

I am sorry if I am bothering people...

Cya :D

Half day of March of Eagles and truly let me down... This isnt the GREAT PARADOX GAMES that I am used to...

I guess I won my bet against my cousin... He bought the game, I didnt... but now I do not need it anymore.... :(

I just hope all of you enjoy this game, but believe me... I am great fan of Europa universalis, victoria, Hearts of Iron and so on... This isnt any closer to none of those....

Just hope better games to come, I have more faith in east and west then I had on March of Eagles ...

Why don't you like it? Maybe give multiplayer a go?

It's not a grand strategy game, it's a wargame "only".
It's quite a good wargame but makes a bad grand strategy game. I guess that's the point you dislike about it.
Maybe modding could make it imba... pretty sure with some magic fingers you can turn it into a grand strategy game. And I'm pretty sure some will.

There was and is no game supposed to replace Magna Mundi.

I think its fine for people to criticize the game if they dont like it....However there is not one constructive criticism in that post.

In my opinion this is a very good game and focused on delivering a more streamlined experience than the EU franchise. You can play out a game in a few hours and enjoy competitive multi player. See I made my point and backed it up with constructive facts :p

No idea about Magni Mundi but this game is supposed to be March of the Eagles......and it has succeeded on that front :)

Personally I think the game is fantastic for a quick game in the morning or evening, certainly not the effort I put into any other game in the companies other games :D.

The game to replace Magna Mundi? This has nothing to do with Magna Mundi, had that gone on track it would have been released over a year ago.

How exactly would this game compare to magna mundi?

I actually agree with the OP that the game isn't another victoria or eu3. But it isn't intended to be. As a Englishman I may be biased for love of Napoleonic era glorywar games, but on release, this is a solid game I can't wait for my next chance to liberate Spain from the evil French Empire. Maybe I'll have another go tonight :D

It's a bit short. But that's easily solved by editing defines.lua

so, some people think this game is disappointing because it's not like another game by the same company? that doesn't make any sense. the game excels at what it set out to do, just like Crusader Kings 2.

If you didn't buy the game how do you know whether it's any good or not?

March of the Eagles wasn't released as another EU3 or CK2 and the price reflects that, costing just £13.49 if you pre-ordered it which is incredibly good value for money given the immense replay value of a game of this sort, giving around 20(?) countries to play around with incorporating different strategies each time. They've said before that unlike other Paradox games this one is designed with the goal of winning in mind, rather than being a complete sandbox.

I'm not really sure where the negativity is coming from as other than a few minor bugs which don't effect playability, this has been a really smooth release from Paradox, giving us a stable, fun, interesting game. If you were looking for a Grand Strategy then I can see why you'd be disappointed, however Paradox has been nothing but honest about what MotE is from day one.

I'd recommend you buy the game and give it a shot, as it's well worth the money.

He is not entirely mistaken, I think it is just a matter of some crossed wires there. MotE is actually coming from the decision of abandoning the Napoleon's Campaigns II game from AGEOD.

By the way, can someone explain to me what happened with Magna Mundi being published as a stand-alone game? Why they abandoned it?

Last edited:
He is not entirely mistaken, I think it is just a matter of some crossed wires there. MotE is actually coming from the decision of abandoning the Napoleon's Campaigns II game from AGEOD. I do believe there the whole problem with Magna Mundi is more related with EUIV, but I do remember a post from the devs explaining that (won't be able to find the link now, maybe later.

By the way, can someone explain to me what happened with Magna Mundi being published as a stand-alone game? Why they abandoned it?

Better don't start that discussion... Its a mistical story full of insults, threats and wizardry...
The magna mundi forum can still be found though...

Sorry, but I don't know about the whole situation. I'm not trying to incite rebellions here, it was a honest mistake. :wacko:

I take it back what I said about MM/EUIV association.

The basic situation is simple enough. The development team (Universo Virtual) missed their deadlines, and had to ask for extensions repeatedly. About a year and a half after the game was supposed to have been finished, they finally sent Paradox a "final, complete version" to be published.

Paradox's QA team tested it and said it was in no state to be released: incomplete, still full of game-stopping bugs. The developers disputed this and argued that the bugs weren't serious and the game was ready to publish. Paradox disagreed and announced that since they now had no confidence in the developers ever finishing the game to the required standard, they were unwilling to continue financing it.

Cue lots of drama, conspiracy theories and threats of lawsuits and so on; for the full story there, read the MM forum.

Don't you just love whining without any concrete reasons?

Waist of time and space...:wacko: