• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shax

Sergeant
4 Badges
Sep 27, 2012
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Hi all

First of all I appoligies for probably asking a question asked hundred of times before here but I have had and still have computer problems and havent been on the forums in months and more over havent played any games in like forever.

I see the 1.3 patch is in a beta mode now and I see that the DH team is answering all the bug reports in the sub forum and keeping track of them in theire own system.

Could some please give me a update and up to speed on were the DH team stands in realeasing a full 1.3 and perhaps any other major news about the game.
Like I said im not really in the loop anymore.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Shax

afaik they haven't set any date for 1.03 final.... Still dealing with bugs and tweaking the new combat system. Have fun playing 1.03b, it's different but still fun.

Well we have finished 2 major new content this week (well, my definition of major, not a new scenario major, but things like new event chain or country overhaul), we also implemented new commands, and bug fixes this week.

We aren't close to finishing 1.03 Final though.

I hope it will be worth the waiting :sleep:

Well we have finished 2 major new content this week (well, my definition of major, not a new scenario major, but things like new event chain or country overhaul), we also implemented new commands, and bug fixes this week.

We aren't close to finishing 1.03 Final though.

Any hints/ETA for RC3? (if there was a smiley with appealing eyes i'd put it here!)

it's an improvement in every way over 1.02. That's like saying you might as well stick with vanilla 1.0 until there is nothing left to put into a patch

Well, for me it wouldn't be THAT much of a different game experience. Personally, I still do not play the game because I am only interested in the WWI scenario anyways and that in particular needs attention.

I'm waiting for the final patch release before i start a new ww2 full-scale campaign, because i hope it will have a much better immersion and less errors.

its better to do more small updates/fixes that release quickly than to do less big patch/fixes that doesnt release at all.

its like telling someone that they will not be paid wages every month but they will get paid everything at the end of the year. They will still get their money but its not the best idea

the guys working on this, volunteers or not should understand this and give us smaller fixes, we will be more grateful than giving us a complete patch that somehow ends up being incomplete due to glitches that we discover, and then we go back and forth to square one. this happens every time,

we are told the next patch is the ultimate completion to a perfect game only to end in disappointing and people posting countless threads of things they HATE and things that glitch and eventually its total failure becuase we waited TOO long for it and then it doesnt even work that well

so give us something now, so we can test alongside you and together we make the game better and make your jobs easier and gradually we move forward one step at a time

I agree with RiseOrDie, to keep the game alive it is better to release multiple smaller patches. Small steps is the way to go. Don't get me wrong, I know this is largely a labor of love and your work is highly appreciated. We all want to keep this game alive, but the long waits are a bad idea IMHO and carry the risk that people eventually loose interest and move on.