• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Czaristan

Major
35 Badges
Mar 14, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Heavily Self-Modded Soviet Union 1933 game

Shortest AAR of all time. But eloquent and unequivocating in it's precision.

Had to restart because two key events didn't fire correctly. Also for some reason I can't upload screenshots here but I can anywhere else...

That being said. Here we go without image uploads for the time being.

December 1935. As Stalin tightens the noose around the so called Trotsky-Zinoviev Center the first rumblings of unrest are heard form the Soviet higher-ups. Unwisely Stalin accelerates his plans for the show trials of his most prominent political opponents. Meanwhile in Germany Hitler has come to power and is gearing up the German war machine. While intelligence suggests their army and air force are still no match for ours, their navy might be a troubling force in the Baltic if there ends up being war.

July 1936, Stalin's main political opponents, Grigory Zinoviev and Lev Kamenev (among others) are brought to Moscow for what is quickly becoming an obvious sham trial. Amid the precedings various party officials, mostly Trotskyists, non-ethnic Russians, and foreign born communists rally around the defendants and the trial is suspended inconclusively. Various elements of the Communist government that Stalin has tried to marginalize or eliminate coalesce around Zinoviev and Kamenev and Stalin flees into the countryside amid confusion in the capital. Emergency party elections are held and Lev Kamenev becomes both Premier (head of state) of Russia and general secretary of the communist party., Zinoviev is appointed foreign minister and resumes his old post as president of the Communist International. Stalin's closest allies, Beria and Molotov, are quickly rounded up and arrested. Stalin is found days later and accused of attempting a counter-revolution though evidence suggests he was trying to escape the Soviet Union for Brazil. The disparate political factions slowly are integrated into the new government. Alexei Ryvok is appointed to head of the NKVD recently promoted Mikhail Tukhachevsky becomes chief of the general staff.
http://i.imgur.com/tcoA1CQ.jpg
The debate now turns to the exiled Leon Trotsky. Although Trotsky had made enemies of many members of the new government, he remains the most visible living symbol of the revolution and a strong proponent of continued global revolution. The decision is made to invite his to return to Russia to act as the head of state of the Soviet Union: a largely ceremonial position, he will act as the mouthpiece for the revolution but the decisions will be made by the council of ministers and the Kamenev government.
http://i.imgur.com/1mUJGr9.jpg

The stated purpose of the new government is a continued communist world revolution. Worldwide reaction is mixed. The United States, Britain and France recognize the new government but Germany, Japan, and Italy sign the anti-Comintern pact.

1937 The Soviet Union starts supplying arms to the Communist Chinese. Germany Annexes Austria, Japan declares war on China following the Marco-Polo Incident.

1938 Germany annexes the Sudetenland following the Congress of Vienna. Also discussed at the conference is the possibility of Britain and France joining the anti-Comintern alliance but Hitler refuses to allow France into the alliance and both countries decline.

Next Post: Invasion of France, Poland, Denmark, Finland, more... hopefully with screenshots, seriously I can't figure that out

Last edited:
No Deals with the enemies of the workers!

So I have the aar through early 1941 done but I still can't figure why I can't post attachments in this thread...

Maybe it's a sign that you should do it differently? Heh. Most people tend to upload their AAR pics by uploading them to Imageshack or something else and then [.IMG][./IMG]-ing them into the post.

(The forum permissions apparently make it impossible for you to upload attachments anyway.)

Amazing, already love this AAR. Even without screens. Hope Trotskie wont be just nominal leader of Soviet Union but will be a ltrue leader of spreading international soviet expansion.

I wonder if Trotsky will still die of an acute case of icepick-related cognitive degeneration. I heard it was a genetic thing. Head naturally magnetic and whatnot.

Ok I've finally fixed everything. I had to restart again because of event bugs, and wouldn't you know it, somehow Polish intelligence somehow killed Stalin which necessitated further backtracking.
OtFwX0I.jpg

Showing off the modded Soviet claims and cores for 1933
http://i.imgur.com/jgkk2P4.jpg
Showing of my modded sliders (central planning and free market should give more realistic and far less broken effects)
http://i.imgur.com/aTKFX5R.jpg
Some of the new tech teams. Most of the modded techs don't show up until later but this is what we have for now. Never fear, I've modded realistically US, British, and German teams so don't think that I'm just buffing myself. Also, notice Tukhachevsky is researching mobility doctrine. Overpowered? probably but I couldn't think of another way to realistically mod the lack of a purge without creating an entire other land doctrine tree. What I may do is get rid of the mobilization slider and replace it with the old drafted/standing army slider so that I can simulate the Red Army having a similar doctrine to the Germans but still largely lacking a professional army. Thoughts?

Fairly major update to follow in the next few days now that everything is working properly. Thanks for your patience everyone, hopefully I still have some followers

Last edited:
I really like the idea of the Poles offing Iosif.

I didn't even think it was possible to assassinate heads of state in DH
I'm sure it is, but it's probably not well implemented.