• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
they look good! what is left to do? so we can enjoy the pre-alpha?:laugh:

they look good! what is left to do? so we can enjoy the pre-alpha?:laugh:

I have just today finished counters for all nations. MAYBE (I am not yet sure) I redo all the flags, or I may just leave it for later releases. Other than they, only events are left, I have finished everything else. Considering I will be away for 10 days, pre-alpha won't be up before 20th August for sure. Mod is, however already very playable and if I wanted to I could release it right now. But let me polish it out first.

Hello guys. I am happy to announce the mod is currently in a closed-alpha status. Derek36 has already got his hands on one copy of the mod, and I have two more to offer. Closed-alpha is the final working version of the mod, which will come out sooner than you think.
So two lucky guys (or girls) will get a sneak peak into this new mod.

How can you be the one? Simple, just answer the question and be the one who gets the mod tomorrow. Two fastest and correct answers win.

The QUESTION:

Soviet Union and USA had a peace conference to try to stop the outbreak of WW3. In what country was it held?

Post your answers below, and win the closed-alpha version of World in Conflict mod.

Eagle six, out.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, here is my last update before an official release of the mod. In this update, I will just post four photos of the exciting events in the mod. To this moment, I made exactly 226 events, but there are going to be more before pre-alpha is out.
Enjoy

2qk87pw.jpg

919f05.jpg

1in5hh.jpg

2wrlulw.jpg

Pre-alpha released!!

293des2.jpg

World in Conflict mod was announced by me to public on 20th January 2013. But the work started on 28th December 2013.

Now, eight long months later, I am extremely happy to release my mod, WORLD IN CONFLICT.

This first version is called Pre-alpha, officially 0.1 version. Have in mind that I had no previous experience in modding, this mod is work of me, and me alone. I had no helpers in direct modding. As explained by one fan: "Just wanna say, great work and I really admire your drive - it's pretty rare to see individual modders with this amount of drive and attentiveness; have a lot of hope for this mod!" Well, I actually did it, I released the mod.

Aim of pre-alpha is just to give you the general idea of what this mod aims to become one day. Almost nothing in this version is final! Have that in mind.

My work continues. I will rest couple of days and get back to modding, and prepare a full alpha, hopefully by October. For next version I am planning to make a remake of the tech tree, introduce new units to the mod, and many many more.

Until then, enjoy World in Conflict, and send me feedback.

DOWNLOAD MOD HERE

Installation instructions: Just extract this file to your 'Mods' folder in Darkest Hour.

Optimal: official music pack

Last edited:
wow, this looks amazing. Congratulations on that one!! :)

So, downloaded and installed. Loaded it up. It looked nice. As the Americans, I attack Yakima, Washington. I have more numbers so I figure it'll be fine. I check out the battle, and my Pattons are receiving a 900% mission efficiency bonus with my infantry receiving a 300% or so bonus. So I'm having about a 400 attack efficiency attacking into fortified mountains, while the Soviets are having about a 65 efficiency defending them.

So, downloaded and installed. Loaded it up. It looked nice. As the Americans, I attack Yakima, Washington. I have more numbers so I figure it'll be fine. I check out the battle, and my Pattons are receiving a 900% mission efficiency bonus with my infantry receiving a 300% or so bonus. So I'm having about a 400 attack efficiency attacking into fortified mountains, while the Soviets are having about a 65 efficiency defending them.

whoa, I did want to give attacker some advantage, but man, I really overdid it. I will see about fixing it. Thanks on the feedback.

I've been trying to get this download to work for around half an hour now, is there another place to download this, every time it doesn't even download it, just the ads and I've had to delete and uninstall multiple items, which is frustrating, because I've been waiting on this mod since December.

Well, I'm not sure exactly the significance of this since I wasn't actually making any progress in the battle after about 5 days or so.

It is fixed, you can download it again, everything will be fine.

I've been trying to get this download to work for around half an hour now, is there another place to download this, every time it doesn't even download it, just the ads and I've had to delete and uninstall multiple items, which is frustrating, because I've been waiting on this mod since December.

Try now, if it doesn't work I will upload it to another site.

I apologize for any troubles with the download. Since wartrain reported the bug with bonuses I checked it out, seems like HoI2Editor thinks 1 means 10000. I have just re edited everything, CHECKED it myself and everything is fine. You are now able to download the mod again.

DOWNLOAD LINK

It is fixed, you can download it again, everything will be fine.

Try now, if it doesn't work I will upload it to another site.

I apologize for any troubles with the download. Since wartrain reported the bug with bonuses I checked it out, seems like HoI2Editor thinks 1 means 10000. I have just re edited everything, CHECKED it myself and everything is fine. You are now able to download the mod again.

DOWNLOAD LINK

works now, I think i press the wrong button :confused:, though, you have to admit there at least three there. anyway cant wait to try it out.

Well I've enjoyed the mod thus far, but I'm only to February. I can tell this mod will be really amazing once full tech-trees and units (Airborne especially) are included. Some thoughts:

1. The United States has a lot of units all over the place. That being said, it would be nice if they didn't start out with military control over places such as, say, Iran. There's just so much to manage already it's a bit tough to manage other forces also. (Of course you can just relinquish military control, I would just prefer if you didn't start out with it).

2. The European Front was very static. Like, digging trenches along the border type static. Perhaps give the Soviets a bit more of a numbers advantage to begin with to really make an American player make some difficult decisions like where to defend?

*Not sure if important, but I play on Normal-Normal.

3. It seems a bit weird that it takes a bit for the "This is World War III" event to fire. Seems like it should fire day 1 what with the Soviet beachhead in Washington (same way for the similar event for Soviets.)

* I remember mine firing after I won the battle of Yakima, which took a pretty long while (or so it seemed).

Those are just some of my admittedly unimportant ideas. Will play more later.

Last edited: