• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
22 year old Swede!
And to contribute to the discussion above: One of my best friends is a muslim. He eats pig and he drinks alcohol. Just sayin'. His parents and his relativs doesn't care or does the same.

I'm 43, have everything I need, Hot girlfriend, great professional job, I hit the gym 6 days a week...blah blah blah. But I have 2 major flaws, DH and wine. I sometimes drink so much wine while playing that I'll blackout and forget what I did in-game the next day. Makes for a very challenging game and a good way to increase the difficulty level. Also explains why I'm such a terrible beta tester.

in my 20s, from Iran, I enjoy playing Germany and creating the Aryan alliance between Iran and the Reich then destroying the USSR and international Zionist organization thus creating a 'new order'. Dont drink, only smoke cigars, pipe, and hookah.

in my 20s, from Iran, I enjoy playing Germany and creating the Aryan alliance between Iran and the Reich then destroying the USSR and international Zionist organization thus creating a 'new order'. Dont drink, only smoke cigars, pipe, and hookah.

Exelent :) :)

16 year old half Italian, half American :p

I will be 60 this year. Been playing strategy games since forever. Ahh "Crusade in Europe" and "Masters of Orion". The progress has been astounding! And I like beer.

I will be 60 this year. Been playing strategy games since forever. Ahh "Crusade in Europe" and "Masters of Orion". The progress has been astounding! And I like beer.

I`m 26 and I remember playing "Crusade in Europe", though I spent more time on "Conflict in Vietnam". "Masters of Orion" is a new game for me anyway :p.

Anyway yeah, I probably qualify as a stereotypical wargamer - 26 year old, white European (Polish in this case), long hair, unshaven, beer belly... should really do something with my life.

I'm a 22 year old male studying chemistry in Germany. As of my nationality, I consider myself "German with benefits" since my parents are Russian-German Mennonites who emigrated to Germany in the early 80s.

Edit: And I prefer Dark Wheat Beer, it's so glorious!

Last edited:
Age 21, location: Finland. Studying to become a molecular biologist. Been a Paradox player since ~2002, though back then I really didn't understand the games nor could I understand much of English (I remember I thought that Dissent was a good thing and always played with 100% dissent :D)

I played World in Flames mod since its very first version and then jumped to DH when its time came. By far my favorite incarnation of HoI games ever, though EvW may share that post with DH some day :p

Teetotal and non-smoking.

Greatest achievement in HoI is conquering USA as Finland, no mods no cheats.

26 Hungarian male. I studied electrical engineering and now I'm working in Germany in Karlsruhe. In the meanwhile I'm also doing my PhD. I don't have a beard and I like to drink good quality German and Czech beers, my favourite is Weissbier (I don't know how you say it in English, wheat beer I guess).

15 - 30 year old European males mainly I suppose.

Though this is just a complete guess.
Supposedly Paradox games are also widely pirated in East Asia. I doubt many of them post on an English language forum though.

Supposedly Paradox games are also widely pirated in East Asia. I doubt many of them post on an English language forum though.

Is DH forbitten in China too? I have heard HoIII was forbitten, because China was split in many Warlords... And China say "China was allways a Unite!". :D

I'm a 19 year old German. I make my Abitur but this games are one reason, why I'm so good in history. :cool:

I think the primary reason for this game getting banned in China is its use of the Tibetan flag. I can't blame them really, Germany would have banned it if it had swastika flag so China's attitude is not that far off.

36 years old italian, moved in the UK.