• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tattarescu.Nicolae_Balcescu.300.jpg

Name: Andrei Ivonaescu Popa
DoB: January 5th, 1827
Ethnicity: Romanian
Profession: Counciler of Transylvania
Background: An ardent liberal, Andrei comes from a middle income family. He was tutored under a school funded by the now dead Ion Codrinaru. He sees Codrinaru as a hero of the union, but smart enough not to say it. He views Romania as a single nation, and wishes it a single state under the Federation. He also has a noted distaste for Hungarians and an appetite for liquor.

During the Masaryk and de Sanctis Administration, Popa was a noted drunk and critic of the Junta and Victor Kraus. During the start of the coup he fled into hiding and stayed in the house of noted Austrian Liberal Wolfgang Liberalen. However, seeing the coup was starting to fail, Popa returned to Transylvania to start a loyalist militia. The militia is noted to have cleansed Transylvania of all members of the MSL.

Following the coup he was appointed Minister of War, where he gave up booze and became noted for being both outspoken and efficent and his job. He continues his job as Minister of War during the Valenta administration.

((I'm back!))

Last edited:
((Gloa, the Chronicler of all the AARS! Your expertise in catching everyone up is needed now more than ever...))

(so I was the first poor sap to fall into the super bowl trap. :rofl:)

Gentlemen, as I, Victor Kraus, have become President of the Federation and Holder of all the Offices, I would like to call on the generals to peacefully come to Vienna. A proper government must be established, not this monstrosity I have been forced to make for this singular purpose. As leader of the legitimate government I am the one that the negotiations must done with, and the charges levied against me.

I take full responsibility for any and all crimes committed by any and all past holders of any and all the offices I currently hold. I also plead guilty to all crimes levied against me, in the future military tribunal or supreme court. Whichever court the Generals seek to use, I will plead guilty in it.

Generals, come to Vienna. Let this madness end, a proper government instituted. We must be united in this fight against the Turk. Let us resolve this once and for all.

~ Victor Kraus, GCM, President of the Federation and Holder of all the Offices

I would like to make clear, once again, my support for the generals. As such, I request that they act as soon as possible to secure the freedom of the State of Slovakia from the Hungarian rebels and establish its authority in the area of its jurisdiction. As they secure Bratislava and then move east through Slovakia I imagine that they will be welcomed and supported by the Slovak people, with only small pockets of Hungarian resistance standing in their way. Hopefully, of course, the Hungarians of Slovakia will see reason and stand against their misguided rebel brethren. Once secured Slovakia can be used as a beachhead from which operations can be waged to put down the farce that is the illegal Hungarian regime once and for all. I consider putting down this rebellion to be of the highest priority. It is a threat to order and stability and to the territorial and political integrity of the Federation.

As if it was not already clear, I resign as Councillor for Hungary and renounce my citizenship in that state. I declare myself to be Councillor for Slovakia and Acting Chairman of the Slovakian legislature instead.

Permitting from the de facto leader of the movement, I should like to make my way to the capital with at least a single regiment of infantry to guarantee no foul play occurs during the meeting you propose. I hold no ill-will toward any individuals, so I should not like to be seen as overly aggressive. With you permitting, and with word from General Edvard Francois Masaryk, I shall set out from Zagreb with my men post-haste for Vienna for discussion. I will await both for now though here at my current headquarters.

mS3H5FM.png

((Well folks.. songs it is, until the GM can sort out this mess.))

[video=youtube;4UpqLhYQz28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UpqLhYQz28[/video]

I can only express my disgust at the attitude of some of the councillors in this Congress. I will not take action against you, and I don't believe the acting President, Victor Kraus, will either. But know this : I don't expect the rebelling generals to be so magnanimous. Your fate is already sealed, as is mine. Death by firing squad, executed and brandished as traitors to the Federation. Our Federation!.. the Federation we swore to protect, its Constitution we swore to uphold, its people we swore to bring peace and prosperity to. Yet, here we are. A disgusting bunch of pigs, complacent in the mud of their schemes to gain a tiny bit of power. You may call me a hypocrit, given that I was elected as part of this.. unexpected government. Yet can you really look at your hands, and tell me they are clean ? Can you tell me that ? You would have done it had it been you, some of you have done worse, this I know for a fact. Do not pretend otherwise. The only man whose hands I trust to be clean is Rodrigo Vertucci, of all people. A man I have called a traitor, a terrorist. A man I would have brought to his knees, on mere suspicion of involvement in the Lombardy uprising. How wrong I was.. how wrong I was..

~ Janos Papp, eternal #2

Last edited:
Permitting from the de facto leader of the movement, I should like to make my way to the capital with at least a single regiment of infantry to guarantee no foul play occurs during the meeting you propose. I hold no ill-will toward any individuals, so I should not like to be seen as overly aggressive. With you permitting, and with word from General Edvard Francois Masaryk, I shall set out from Zagreb with my men post-haste for Vienna for discussion. I will await both for now though here at my current headquarters.

mS3H5FM.png

((I'm assuming you are talking to Kraus :p))

A single regiment of infantry can indeed company you General. You may wait here until the other Generals' arrive, if you so desire. As the Austrian State Milita currently is raised and currently holding the borders, you should encounter no issues when marching to Vienna. I await your arrival.

I would also like to thank Janos Papp for the tremendous service he has done to me, and to the Federation. He is a good friend of mine, and cannot be charged for any crime; due to the reasoning I explained earlier.

((I was the first to support the coup? so I really did cause all of this. dang it mrman tricked me!! I guess it still worked out, oh and gloa mrman charged me with replacing him in his absence... so does that make me 2nd in command?))

Zagreb, Croatia, Naval Guard Command Tent

Philipp let out a long sigh as he looked over the paper in front of him, the Federation was really going to the rats it seemed. With a slight groan he sits up, pushing from the chair he'd been in and reaching over for his hat. This was certainly going to be a fun trip, all of the things he'd been trying to avoid by joining the military seemed to have just dropped into his lap during perhaps the worst time, the middle of a war.

Walking slowly from his tent, pushing the flap out of his way, he waves for his messenger to come over to him. With a hustle, the man rushes to the General's side, speaking with a bit of eagerness.

"Ja, Sir? Was soll ich für Sie tun?"

With a grunt, Philipp replies. "Würden Sie bitte signalisieren den Oberst des 3. Fußschutz, um mich so schnell wie möglich zu erfüllen."

With only a slight nod, the soldier raises his hand and salutes, clicking his heels together before turning to hurry off into the morass of tents and structures made for the Naval Guard. He'd have a few minutes at least, to stand and ponder the potential outcomes of the developing political situation, although he was loathe to do so. Instead, he contented himself with looking around the camp near him, placing his gaze upon assembled soldiers and cavalrymen, the hastily made latrines and the makeshift mess halls. Before too long though, he turns as the sound of boots on dry ground signals the arrival of the sought after Oberst.

With a quick salute, the well dressed and proper fellow introduced himself. "Oberst Wolfram Kaspar, der Kommandeur der 3. Fußschutz Regiment, zu Ihren Diensten, Sir!"

Returning the salute quickly, the General waves a hand to dismiss the messenger. "Oberst, stellen Sie bitte Ihr Regiment bereit zu reisen, wir Festlegung für Wien in ein paar Stunden. Wir haben requiriert die benötigten Züge und Zubehör."

The Oberst looks a little confused for a moment before nodding, looking around briefly at the camp. Without a word he salutes and hurries off on his way, calling to men along the way.

In a few hours the men would be making their way to Vienna, and God willing, to a better future for the Federation.

Telegram said:
En route to Vienna, will be accompanied by 3. Fußschutz Regiment, please make ready for arrival, will be within city limits less then one hour, please notify State Militia of such. Upon arrival shall post men at rail-yard to await word from yourself.

Gentlemen, as I, Victor Kraus, have become President of the Federation and Holder of all the Offices, I would like to call on the generals to peacefully come to Vienna. A proper government must be established, not this monstrosity I have been forced to make for this singular purpose. As leader of the legitimate government I am the one that the negotiations must done with, and the charges levied against me.

I take full responsibility for any and all crimes committed by any and all past holders of any and all the offices I currently hold. I also plead guilty to all crimes levied against me, in the future military tribunal or supreme court. Whichever court the Generals seek to use, I will plead guilty in it.

Generals, come to Vienna. Let this madness end, a proper government instituted. We must be united in this fight against the Turk. Let us resolve this once and for all.

((ok how many are actually in the council building?))

I am here victor, I have been with the coup since the beginning and I am probably a big part of why it lasted so long until klemens drew his support. As General Edvard is not here right now I will be acting as leader of the coup. I won't negotiate until phillip gets here but I will ask you how you wish to die. Since we must blame someone for the failure of the government and you have volunteered yourself I will honor this and let the others escape. For now.

Declaration from the Democratic Republic of Hungary

1. The Danubian Federation is dead, and the government of the DRH won't acknowledge the existence of such an entity any more, nor negotiate with anyone claiming to represent such entity.

2. The State of Slovakia is a part of the DRH for now. Three Years from now the people of Slovakia will have the right to vote in a referendum with three alternatives: a) stay as an integral part of the DRH, b) become an autonomous region within the DRH, c) become a sovereign nation

3. The criminal Aurel Sykora must be extradited to Hungary so he can be charged for his crimes against the Hungarian People

4. The DRH is willing to open official political relations with the nations of Austria, Carniola, Bohemia, Galizia, Transylvania, Croatia, Lombardia and Venice.

signed, Acting President Gyula Bethlen

Telegram for General Edwards Leitz from Interim-President Victor Kraus

The milita has been notified. They will allow your troops to pass with no incident. Your men can await at the rail-yard, or they can help guarantee the integrity of Austria's borders. You are invited to stay at the Parliament of Vienna, in the room previously used by foreign ambassadors, while waiting for the other Generals' to arrive.

Declaration from the Democratic Republic of Hungary

1. The Danubian Federation is dead, and the government of the DRH won't acknowledge the existence of such an entity any more, nor negotiate with anyone claiming to represent such entity.

2. The State of Slovakia is a part of the DRH for now. Three Years from now the people of Slovakia will have the right to vote in a referendum with three alternatives: a) stay as an integral part of the DRH, b) become an autonomous region within the DRH, c) become a sovereign nation

3. The criminal Aurel Sykora must be extradited to Hungary so he can be charged for his crimes against the Hungarian People

4. The DRH is willing to open official political relations with the nations of Austria, Carniola, Bohemia, Galizia, Transylvania, Croatia, Lombardia and Venice.

signed, Acting President Gyula Bethlen

Such a proposal can only be responded to with laughter, or with outrage.

((ok how many are actually in the council building?))

I am here victor, I have been with the coup since the beginning and I am probably a big part of why it lasted so long until klemens drew his support. As General Edvard is not here right now I will be acting as leader of the coup. I won't negotiate until phillip gets here but I will ask you how you wish to die. Since we must blame someone for the failure of the government and you have volunteered yourself I will honor this and let the others escape. For now.

((Only a few Councillors have buggered off. Not sure how many though.))

I would ask that I be quickly beheaded. As an aristocrat I feel that it is within my rights to request such a thing. However I have taken full responsibility for the crimes commited by those while in office. They cannot be persecuted as I plead guilty to all charges.

~ Victor Kraus, President and Holder of all the Offices of the Federation

I hereby announce I support the Military in it's bid to re-establish order to the Federation. With that, I believe that the majority of members (that have posted recently) of the Austrian State Council support the coup and therefore, Mr. Kraus, the Austrian Militia is no longer yours to command.

~Karl von Innsbruck-Brno, Councillor of Austria, Leader of the Austrian Independence Party

That is fair enough. Better than a hanging, those things give me neck-cramps just looking at them.
Sykora you will have your day, but none of us want to wage war with hungary so that day will be in 3 years. The military council will still be in order so do not worry we will fairly give the slovs a chance at requesting to become a federal state after she becomes an independent nation

That is fair enough. Better than a hanging, those things give me neck-cramps just looking at them.
Sykora you will have your day, but none of us want to wage war with hungary so that day will be in 3 years. The military council will still be in order so do not worry we will fairly give the slovs a chance at requesting to become a federal state after she becomes an independent nation

(Wait, your letting Hungary go?))

I hereby announce I support the Military in it's bid to re-establish order to the Federation. With that, I believe that the majority of members (that have posted recently) of the Austrian State Council support the coup and therefore, Mr. Kraus, the Austrian Militia is no longer yours to command.

~Karl von Innsbruck-Brno, Councillor of Austria, Leader of the Austrian Independence Party

Neither is it yours to command Councillor. It is under the control of the Chancellor of Austria, Chancellor Vogel, who is in favour of the coup. That said, I am not ordering them to attack the incoming army, I am making sure they follow orders already previously given. Why, do you have other plans Councillor?

~ Victor Kraus, President and Holder of all the Offices of the Federation

Status
Not open for further replies.