• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(623063)

Recruit
7 Badges
Dec 28, 2012
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
So, i've been playing Victoria II for 120+ and i never really encountered this problem. I played as Colombia and did pretty well, but after 1880 i noticed that my military score was a lot lower than my prestige and industry, so i held the mouse over the military score icon, and saw that 99% of my score was comming from my generals, i had a score of about a 50 and my army was only 0.138 of that sum, and 49 was from my generals, i thought this was just a bug in this one single game playing as colombia, but after i played as the CSA i saw that my military score dropped from 109 to like 9 once i started playing. in my Colombia save file i tried playing as a neighboring country, and saw that my military score was almost 200, but as soon as i switch to colombia it drops to 50, war or no war. Is this a known bug, or is there a fix?

So, i've been playing Victoria II for 120+ and i never really encountered this problem. I played as Colombia and did pretty well, but after 1880 i noticed that my military score was a lot lower than my prestige and industry, so i held the mouse over the military score icon, and saw that 99% of my score was comming from my generals, i had a score of about a 50 and my army was only 0.138 of that sum, and 49 was from my generals, i thought this was just a bug in this one single game playing as colombia, but after i played as the CSA i saw that my military score dropped from 109 to like 9 once i started playing. in my Colombia save file i tried playing as a neighboring country, and saw that my military score was almost 200, but as soon as i switch to colombia it drops to 50, war or no war. Is this a known bug, or is there a fix?

Are you playing on any difficult other than normal? There's a known bug for the military score in those cases.