how can you change if a country is at war with another through savegame tampering?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eugenioso

Banned
5 Badges
Sep 15, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
i cant find the line that allows me to change the status between GER and USSR to war (and i dont want to quit, open my savegame as germany then do it again, since that messes up everything in my army) because its '46 and the krauts are still joyfully at peace with the bolches

I'm not sure, but you might be able to do it by going to the German section of your latest save, then to wardates and inserting an entry for the USSR there. I imagine you'd need a reciprocal entry in the Russian section also.

what i did find was a war = {} tab on some random places in the savefile along with the country tag it was supposed to be at war with. ill give it a shot though (and get rid of the goddamn never gonna happen war tween germany and russia)

If you pause and never unpause, the AI will not mess up your OOB afaik with save+reload. I do it all the time to fix quirkiness in KR.

actually, they do mess it up. big time. say i have my chinese army of 300 divs all neatly stacked on the border of russia and germany, 1946, still doesnt want war with the peaceful soviets (oh the germans are getting the ass nuked out of them). if i do what you say, like i have many many times before, the AI:

gives leaders to everyone

mixes my units up

messes up everything i have

creates empty fleets

you say nothing happens? limith, you sir are wrong.