• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wich is basically modding(but only a save game). So I suspect there are no other way. Sad.
Sad? What would you like, a clickable box in game to remove cores? Why bother playing? Also, opening up a savegame and doing a "find" is pretty easy as far as "modding" goes. Putting that in the same category as creating a new scenario or even creating events seems overkill.

Does the core preventing assimilation affect the Americas at all? Because it hasn't seemed to in my Brazil games.

It does, but assimilation in the Americas is massively increased anyway (enough to overshadow the core thing).

It does, but assimilation in the Americas is massively increased anyway (enough to overshadow the core thing).

Are you sure? In vanilla, the tooltip say + 10.00% for Americas and - 20.00% for core. I've never had local population assimilate where there is a core. Sure, the ratios change, especially if you conquer a province early but anytime I hovered over a local pop, the chances were negative alltogether always and it always said 0 will assimilate.

Alright, thanks for all of that. The reason I want to "Germanise" Poland is that I've already played a "blobbing" game as Germany where I take all of Austria with three Hurrahs, but this time I'd like to make a smaller, single ethnic empire. One of my only European expansion goals is to take Poland from Russia and Germanise it.

Lubeck is 60% Flemish now. Given what you've said, I wonder what causes such high migration from Belgium to Lubeck?

Belgium isn't a very big country, so there aren't many places for their pops to migrate too. More than likely the AI is horribly mismanaging its economy. A lot of unemployment will drive the pops to look else for work. If you have State Capitalism then you can just purposely let the Craftsmen accumulate without expanding factories. Basically, you should NF Craftsmen in a state you want to provide the new pops and let them fill up with workers. You should also stop subsidizing any unprofitable factories as the workers will cycle out of the factory that can no longer afford to pay them. Then find a way to massively build up factories in the areas you want to "colonize."

Also, I believe that pops are likely to leave if their province is occupied, again due to low unemployment. You could always war with, say, Luxembourg... let them occupy some territories and then once you're satisfied, swoop in, and win the war.

So I conquered the Philippines (they were a free country, no spanish there) with New Zealand. I have one region (Sulu) with 10 % british pops (primary culture of New Zealand)... when is it possible for Sulu to be a "core" for New Zealand? 10 %, 25 %, 50 %, 75 %??? Could I gain a core with 0 % british pops?

Last edited:
So I conquered the Philippines (they were a free country, no spanish there) with New Zealand. I have one region (Sulu) with 10 % british pops (primary culture of New Zealand)... when is it possible for Sulu to be a "core" for New Zealand? 10 %, 25 %, 50 %, 75 %??? Could I gain a core with 0 % british pops?
You need 1% bureacrats of british culture to make a colony a state. After some years you might get an event giving you a core on the province.

@ Tesho

Thanks for your help! It never was a colony, because the Philippines started as a free, civilized country. I took some provinces 30 years ago and I never got any "core events". So I wonder how this works? Am I just unlucky? Is there anything I can do to get the "core event" faster? Some regions in my provinces already have 15%+ british pops.

To gain a core:
- the province cannot be a colony
- it has either have a primary or accepted culture OR neighbor an existing core
- you have to be a GP
- you have to have Nationalism and Imperialism

Factors that will impact this: lower MIL is better, lower CON is better, coastal is better, and being of your primary culture is better
Full event:

# Gain Core event
province_event = {
id = 2560
title = "EVTNAME2560"
desc = "EVTDESC2560"

trigger = {
NOT = { is_core = THIS }
controlled_by = THIS
is_colonial = no
OR = {
is_primary_culture = yes
is_accepted_culture = yes
any_neighbor_province = {
AND = {
is_core = THIS
controlled_by = THIS
}
}
}
owner = {
tag = THIS
is_greater_power = yes
nationalism_n_imperialism = 1
}
}

mean_time_to_happen = {
months = 180
modifier = {
factor = 0.5
is_primary_culture = yes
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.8
is_coastal = yes
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
NOT = {
average_militancy = 1
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
NOT = {
average_militancy = 2
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.95
NOT = {
average_militancy = 3
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
NOT = {
average_consciousness = 4
}
}
}

option = {
name = "EVTOPTA2560"
add_core = THIS
}
}

My intention is not really to turn the world British or Dutch, but more to make those people who live in my lands accepted. For instance in one game I am playing South Africa (having been released from the UK) and later on been colonizing much of Africa. I have a population of almost 4 million, but only around 5% of those are accepted cultures. Even though I am running my South Africa as a very free nation, having gone for Full Citizenship. Yet even with that assiminalation increase, it does not appear that those african cultures become accepted. Or in the game as the Netherlands, I have held Java for almost 100 years, but still they count as a backwater watering hole, the people not accepted (even if they do get votes).

To gain a core:
- the province cannot be a colony
- it has either have a primary or accepted culture OR neighbor an existing core
- you have to be a GP
- you have to have Nationalism and Imperialism

Factors that will impact this: lower MIL is better, lower CON is better, coastal is better, and being of your primary culture is better
Full event:

# Gain Core event
province_event = {
id = 2560
title = "EVTNAME2560"
desc = "EVTDESC2560"

trigger = {
NOT = { is_core = THIS }
controlled_by = THIS
is_colonial = no
OR = {
is_primary_culture = yes
is_accepted_culture = yes
any_neighbor_province = {
AND = {
is_core = THIS
controlled_by = THIS
}
}
}
owner = {
tag = THIS
is_greater_power = yes
nationalism_n_imperialism = 1
}
}

mean_time_to_happen = {
months = 180
modifier = {
factor = 0.5
is_primary_culture = yes
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.8
is_coastal = yes
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
NOT = {
average_militancy = 1
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
NOT = {
average_militancy = 2
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.95
NOT = {
average_militancy = 3
}
}
modifier = {
factor = 0.9
NOT = {
average_consciousness = 4
}
}
}

option = {
name = "EVTOPTA2560"
add_core = THIS
}
}

Thanks a lot! I still don't understand, why my New Zealand doesnt get cores on Philippines. I have ~ 15 % british (primary culture) in some regions. Am I unlucky?

What does "has either have a primary or accepted culture" actually mean? Would 1 single pop of primary culture be enough? Does it need 5 %, 20 %, 50 %, 70 %?

Well that's a pity. So there's absolutely no way to change that?

I do recall once seeing someone do almost world conquest as Britain, and much of the world was British. A mod I guess?

Assimilation aside, is there any way to do it via emigration?

Just a quick question from my side. Can you remove Polands core without modding?

how can we mod this?

oh my god

why would anyone ever want to return to the broken assimilation of early AHD and vanilla

why would you want a europe that looks like:

9KYig.jpg

Thanks a lot! I still don't understand, why my New Zealand doesnt get cores on Philippines. I have ~ 15 % british (primary culture) in some regions. Am I unlucky?

What does "has either have a primary or accepted culture" actually mean? Would 1 single pop of primary culture be enough? Does it need 5 %, 20 %, 50 %, 70 %?

I believe that is referring to the majority, so if you have 50% + 1 of primary and/or accepted cultures, you're in.

Union Country? What do you mean?

An example would be Austria -> Germany... Austria starts out with a primary culture of South German. It doesn't recognize North German at all. If Austria forms the German union: Germany, then North German gets added as an accepted culture because Germany is the union of all German peoples. It's very rare for cultures to become accepted since this game centers around nationalism. You might want to try PDM/APD though as they have more events that allow you to "embrace" minority cultures.