• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Regina

Lt. General
5 Badges
Jan 29, 2008
www.paradoxdevelopmentstudio.com
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
Did someone ask for republics? :)

Crusader Kings II: The Republic revealed, read PC Gamers exclusive Q&A here:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/08/crusader-kings-iis-next-expansion-announced-the-republic/

cheers,
regina

CrusaderKings2_DLC_TheRepublic_Screenshot_06.pngCrusaderKings2_DLC_TheRepublic_Screenshot_03.pngView attachment CrusaderKings2_DLC_TheRepublic_Screenshot_10.pngCrusaderKings2_DLC_TheRepublic_Screenshot_07.pngView attachment CrusaderKings2_DLC_TheRepublic_Screenshot_04.pngView attachment CrusaderKings2_DLC_TheRepublic_Screenshot_01.pngCrusaderKings2_DLC_TheRepublic_Screenshot_08.pngCrusaderKings2_DLC_TheRepublic_Screenshot_05.pngCrusaderKings2_DLC_TheRepublic_Screenshot_02.pngView attachment CrusaderKings2_DLC_TheRepublic_Screenshot_09.png

Last edited:
yay!

edit: will there be any work on Legacy of Rome type mechanics from a catholic point of view, so that it's possible to reform the Roman Republic? That'd be pretty awesome.

Can a Serene Doge have a Doge as a vassal?

Can a Doge get himself elected or otherwise obtain an Imperial title?

When you say Feudal lords cannot switch to Republican style gameplay, is it perhaps possible to, as a feudal lord, to make your heir a doge, and when he inherits your kingdom, does he become a serene doge?

Does the game automatically generate Patrician families in any player created republics?

Last edited:
This looks pretty freakin' sweet.

It's a shame that you can't "switch" from feudal to merchant Republic, though.

Still, I am glad to see this. Can't wait until it's out.

Thank you Paradox!

This looks pretty freakin' sweet.

It's a shame that you can't "switch" from feudal to merchant Republic, though.

Still, I am glad to see this. Can't wait until it's out.

Thank you Paradox!

Yeah, I'm really excited for it.

But I also wish that you could switch, by a very difficult process.

:)

As I asked elsewhere, can the 5 main Families in Republics be relegated and new patricians be promoted from the lesser merchant families?

It doesn't seem logical that the exactly same families were in power from 1066-1400

more or less precisely as I envisioned it :D

must-buy ^.^

P.S: I assume you can pick to play as any of the great families in a republic [even to begin as one that is not elected]. Furthermore, could two republics be ruled by the same family without being the same realm?

I think people are quite surprised by the decision to make a Republic DLC before a pagan one and some of them will probably yell and be all "Why didn't you [PI] give me Nazi-Vikings?!".

I was concerned about a merchant republic DLC not working well or being interesting to me, but at first glance it seems my fears were unfounded.

Don't know if I'll actually play them, but the feudal/republican interaction mechanics seem really interesting at first glance

I assume Novgorod is playable too now? You focused a lot on the Hanseatic League and Italy in the article.