• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Danny-Dynamita

Captain
81 Badges
Jan 5, 2012
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Well, i'm on 1865 with Württemberg (#14), and i'm trying to conquest Montenegro... The unique problem with that is Austria. I'm in their SoI, I have +200 relationship with them, but when I sent them a Military Access treatie while I had "Maybe" diplo-chance they refused it and now they're always on "Impossible".

Why's that? If someone could explain me how the AI decide if they accept or refuse a treatie maybe I would be able to avoid this error in the future or at least I will understand why they're reacting like that so suddenly.

Sorry for being so noob! (And sorry for my bad english too! :p)

Last edited:
How long did it stay Impossible for? Usually it will stay that way for a bit so that you can't spam the country that denied you with requests.

Beyond that, I don't know why they would deny you. If you are in the SOI do you have an Alliance with them? That would definitely help to create more incentive for you to be able to use their Military Access.

Well, i'm on 1865 with Württemberg (#14), and i'm trying to conquest Montenegro... The unique problem with that is Austria. I'm in their SoI, I have +200 relationship with them, but when I sent them a Military Access treatie while I had "Maybe" diplo-chance they refused it and now they're always on "Impossible".

Why's that? If someone could explain me how the AI decide if they accept or refuse a treatie maybe I would be able to avoid this error in the future or at least I will understand why they're reacting like that so suddenly.

Sorry for being so noob! (And sorry for my bad english too! :p)
Is Austria at war? The AI is very reluctant on accepting military access requests whenever they or you are at war with someone. Another thing that affects the chances of the AI accepting your requests is infamy.