• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Paglia

a.k.a. Asafetida & Otto Steiner (WoT)
34 Badges
Dec 29, 2010
forum.paradoxplaza.com
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Dungeonland
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities in Motion
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
NORTH AMERICA SERIES GAME #5

This is the AAR for our latest confrontation for world dominance.

PROJECTED LINEUP

- Roster: Check with our moderator about the open spots
- Official moderator: Confinement
- Version: TFH 4.02 (checksum GSKH)

PROJECTED LINEUP FOR GAME #5

AXIS
  • Germany: Mycalle ; ThePastfinder as coop
  • Italy: Ugly Guy
  • Japan: KevinG
  • Romania: Paglia
  • Hungary: CLOSED

ALLIES
  • UK: TDT25
  • USA: Confinement
  • Canada: andepans
  • France (to coop USSR after fall): Hughrocks123
  • Nationalist China (to coop GER after fall): FALLEN
  • Australia: Bellizar
  • Poland: FALLEN

KOMINTERN
  • USSR: Kagernaut

PROBABLE AAR WRITERS IN THIS THREAD

Paglia (confirmed writer)
Mycalle (confirmed writer)
KevingG (confirmed writer)
Hughrocks123 (confirmed writer)
Ugly Guy (confirmed writer)

You can discuss/comment with us on the game rules/victory conditions/etc. at: GAME 5
Don’t miss AAR of our previous games at:

Don't miss the latest news in the AARland!.

Proud supporter of the AARLand Award.

Last edited:
200px-Razboiul_Sfant_Contra_Bolsevismului_1941_stamp_svg.png

RĂZBOIUL SFÂNT CONTRA BOLŞEVISMULUI
(The Holy War against Bolshevism)

TABLE OF CONTENT [Updated December 14th]

Our 5th MP game began on October 17th. We had to scrap the 1st because of a bug and 2 players quitting early. TFH is going to be very interesting.

As planned, I play Romania. This AAR covers European War from an Axis perspective. Here is the TABLE OF CONTENT, which will be updated on a regular basis. The title of this AAR would translate as “The Holy War against Bolshevism”.

This AAR will be written in a more telegraphic style than my previous ones. Events and dates, mostly, with pictures, of course. Some in depth sections, when I will be able to do so. Main problem is time. I lacked it for our previous AAR and so I failed to keep up. It is sad because that game was full of surprise and fun. This time, I will hold my promise, by lowering the target.... :blush:

NDLR: Keep in mind that our official translators’ office, the Bureau of Communication with Foreigners, is very busy and, as such, you may find out, while reading our AAR, that our English might not be as good as you hoped it to be. For any complaints, you can get in touch with our customers service, 24/24 hours, at 1-418-234-2779 (1-418-BeH-appy).

AAR#1: MAY THE CRUSADERS RISE
January 1st 1936 – August 19th 1937

POST 8

1. Rise of the Garda de Fier, 1936-1937
2. Asian decadence, Spring and Summer 1937

AAR#2: A NEW BOOK FOR THE BELIEVERS
August 20th 1937 – January 4th 1939

POST 15

1. Provincia şi legionarismul, 1937-1939
2. Japan’s Rise among the Major Powers, 1937-1939

AAR#3: SABIA DREPTĂȚII (SWORD OF JUSTICE)
January 4th 1939 – September 17th 1939

POST 25

1. Eradicating Communism at home, Winter 1939
2. Before the Storm, Summer 1939
3. Striking the puppets, September 1939
4. A World in Flames, 1939

AAR#4: MARȘUL CREDINCIOȘILOR (MARCH OF THE BELIEVERS)
September 17th 1939 – November 29th 1939

POST 39

1. The Greater Romania, September-October 1939
2. Reunifying Great Walachia with the Greater Romania, November 1939
3. Delfinul Journey: Down of a Valiant, Fall 1939

AAR#5: FURTUNĂ ÎN BALCANI (THUNDERSTORM IN THE BALKANS)
November 30th 1939 – June 14th 1940

POST 53

1. The failure of Operation Megáli Vlahía, November-December 1939
2. Teroarea din cer (Terror from above), January – April 1940
3. Trojan Horse, May – June 1940

AAR#6: RĂZBOIUL SFÂNT CONTRA BOLŞEVISMULUI
June 15th 1940 – August 2nd 1940

POST 62

1. Bessarabia, June 15-28th, 1940
2. Începe războiul sfânt (May the Holy War begin), June 29th – August 2nd, 1940

AAR#7: MOARTEA LUI BOLSHEVISME (BOLSHEVISM DEATH) --- NEW !
August 14th 1940 – February 5nd 1941

POST 90

1. The Battle of the pocket of Ochakiv , August 1940
2. The Big Push, from Rostov na Don to Stalingrad and Baki, September – October 1940
3. Imperiul Bizantin, October 1940 – February 1941

AAR#8: I WAS, BY FATE, A DICTATOR (AFTERMATH) --- NEW !
Postgame

POST 93

NEXT CHRONICLES

Our MP game is played on every Wednesday (starting October 17th). As such, you can expect an update over the following week-end. 

SPECIAL THANKS

I want to thank Răspuns for his help with Romanian language. As I don't speak Romanian myself, I had to rely on online translators, mostly, and Răspuns was greatful enough to help me with some bad spelling of mine. I may not have been able to fully transpose everything he told me to do, but most of it is here.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ! I'M GREATFUL !

Last edited:
Subbed! This new style of your AAR is good for other people too! They have work and school too(f.e. me ;p). So reading AAR with almost only pictures takes less time then reading AAR with less pictures. So Good Luck!

Bring it on!

I'll participate in this AAR if I ever remember to take screenshots. I prefer reading and writing these short to the point AARs over the long winded prose style, so it'll be easier for me to keep updating.

I'll participate in this AAR if I ever remember to take screenshots. I prefer reading and writing these short to the point AARs over the long winded prose style, so it'll be easier for me to keep updating.

What you can do is save game when you have something you want to keep but you don't have time to press F11 or F12, depending on your version. Also, sometime, F11 or F12 do endup in gamecrashing, while savegames don't.

Well, we almost played last night... but impossible to write anything at this point.

We had a late start 'cause of some loading issues and checksum issue.

Then we encountered a major bug with one feature of TFH. We lost a week of play 'cause of that.

Finally, connections problems hit us badly at the end of our session.

Overall, we managed to play almost 2 months over 4 hours. Not much, but at least, we were able to start the game, kick out players who did not follow our simple community rules and have fun!

So, more very soon.

January 1st 1936 – August 19th 1937

UPDATED OCTOBER 22nd

Players (10/10): AXIS (Germany, Italy, Japan & Romania), ALLIES (UK, USA, France & Australia), KOMINTERN (USSR), CHINA

MAY THE CRUSADERS RISE

Rise of the Garda de Fier
Buna Vestire
1936-1937

June 1936: Legion of the Archangel Michael ("Legiunea Arhanghelului Mihail"), wins municipa

NOTICE TO READERS

When we tried to update the post, system crashed end we lost content. Since we don't have any backup, we can't post it back. Readers should skip this part and go to AAR #2​

Last edited:
The Italian government wants to clarify its position on the Sio-Japanese war. It is clear that the decadent imperialist of the France and UK are incapable of putting aside their own self-interests to protect the innocent civilians caught in that brutal struggle. The reason those governments proposed the cease-fire was to protect their own colonial ambitions in the area. Il Douche rejects the cease fire as the hostility between these two peoples is far beyond that solution. It is clear that neither country can effectively govern the coastal territory as it is a constant source of antagonism. The Italian government's proposal before the League of Nations would be that Italian peacekeepers would immediately be sent to the coastal territory of China, keeping the peace in an area up to 500 miles inland. There these brave soldiers would engage in peacekeeping operations, taking over the day to day administration of that territory. This would ensure that the necessities of everyday life are carried on, while protecting the civilian inhabitants from the brutal warfare that has plagued this land for so long.

We believe that our armed forces are uniquely qualified for this work, and we point to our recent peacekeeping operations in Ethiopia as a prime example. Our successful peacekeeping mission in 1936 has stopped the centuries of brutal tribal warfare that has long infected that region, holding it back from quality of life improvements and economic development. Now the land of Ethiopia, under the caring eyes of Italian advisors and an Italian trained and guided police force, experiences unprecendented growth in the quality of life for its residents.

Our only wish is that China be protected from the imperialist ambitions of the French and British war mongering governments and be allowed to experience the peace and prosperity that its population deserves.

Signed,

Il Douche

This is good stuff. Is everyone else going to post, too? :D

The following will certainly post :

Paglia (confirmed writer) - ROM
Mycalle (confirmed writer) - GER
KevingG (confirmed writer) - JAP
Confinement - USA
Ugly Guy (confirmed writer) - ITA

I don't kow for the others. For my part, the 1st section of each report will be ROM's chronology. The 2nd part will vary, depending on what is going where. So you could get UK news, GER news, etc. in there. This time, it was Sino-Jap. Next AAR it should be it again. Once war starts, you'll get some French news. I will try to cover the world in the 2nd part.

Chapter 1: A Message to the World!

Session 1 (January 1st 1936 to August 1937)

Upon entering into 1936, it was decreed by the German High Command that we must vastly improve our armed forces to prepare for the inevitable conflict with those world powers who would attempt to deny Germany it's rightful revenge, to finally right the wrong's of the past forced upon our scared fatherland the Versailles treaty be damned!...and so on January 17th elements of 4th army began the re-militarization of the Rhine, much to the dismay of the west. France and Britain protested however they did nothing of any substantial use and this served as a great moral booster for the German people and a green light for more incursions in the future.

4th Army soldiers opening up a road block to allow access to the rhineland.

In march yet another slap in the face to the decadent western powers, with the Italians annexation of Ethiopia. If Italy can build on this victory Mussolini and his fascist government may prove useful allies for us in the future we will see....

Mussolini addressing his victorious troops in Ethiopia.
images1td.jpg

July 1937 in Asia the Sino-Japanese war rages on with japan making steady gains into central china, as it stands all coastal ports are now firmly under the control of the Japanese, tightening the noose further on the weakened nationalist's state in china. In response to this sudden and speedy campaign in china, Germany feels another strong ally may be found in the coming struggle and have sent envoy's to Tokyo in hopes of continued diplomacy and cooperation in the future.

Japanese troops entering Nanjing one of there many recent victories in mainland china.
imagesxx.jpg

Over the last year and a half small but telling victories have been won by the fascist powers, this is a powerful message to the world that a new world order is beginning to take shape. Furthermore it is apparent that the west and there League Of Nations no longer functions, and we will be able to re-arm and industrialize Germany further without fear of foreign intervention until we are ready to strike!. Our great leader is most pleased as he knows as i do we need a strong industry and a strong armed forces to be able to conduct our plans and regain Germanic lands asserting our dominance...for the FATHERLAND!

Last edited:
Great intro !

August 20th 1937 – January 4th 1939

NEW POST OCTOBER 27th

Players (9/10): AXIS (Germany, Italy, Japan & Romania), ALLIES (UK, USA, France, & Australia), KOMINTERN (USSR)

A NEW BOOK FOR THE BELIEVERS

Provincia şi legionarismul
Buna Vestire
YEAR-YEAR

September 1937: Electoral campaign is underway. Garda de Fier is accused of encouraging brutal actions against political opponents. Two representatives of the PNT are killed in a riot in Bucharest, while 3 candidates of the PNL (Partidul Național Liberal; National Liberal Party) are heavily wounded in similar occasions in Bessarabia and Transylvania.

October 1937: Taking advantage of current weakness of Romanian government, Hungary asks the League of Nations to study a new proposal on the retrocession of Northern Transylvania by Romania. PNT Prime minister recalls the Romanian ambassador from Budapest. Hungarians natives are seeking police protection throughout Transylvania as Garda de Fier supporters react violently to this “Hungarian’s aggression”.

November 1937: The League of Nations starts the study of the Hungarian proposal. “These actions are the consequence of a total lack of political vision by the PNT”, claims Sima, from Garda de Fier, during a important public meeting in Bucharest. Support to the fascist is reported as high as 44% across the country, while PNT and traditional parties are all below 15% each.

December 1937: In the 1937 parliamentary elections, the Garda de Fier comes in first (42%), beating the Liberals (10%), Social Democrats (14%) and PNT Peasants’ Party (4%). The fascistic movement prevails over traditional parties. “Old ideas will die with them”, are Codreanu’s first words to the people after this historical victory. Codreanu appoints his deputies and submit his new cabinet to King Carol II. Instead of fully endorsing it, the King proposes to recreate the function of Conducãtor, trying to keep on his side the army. He also asks Codreanu to include representatives of other parties in the cabinet, which is done reluctantly by Codreanu. Ion Antonescu is appointed as Conducãtor by the King.

The new government

Election1937.jpg

Gouvernementfasciste.png

January 1938: The new government asks the Chamber of Deputies to endorse the fact Romania is joining the Axis. The Chamber accepts. The newly appointed Minister of Armaments, Caius Brediceanu, and Conducãtor Ion Antonescu, strongly advocate for a complete military reorganisation of the nation, arguing that Bolshevism threat is rising in the East, West and on the southern border. Newly elected Bulgarian and Hungarian communist governments, who reject the existence of God, are considered a major threat to the Romanian nation who is officially embracing the Romanian Orthodox religion.

February 1938: Italy joins the Axis. The Steel Pact is enacted. Romania joins the Pact. --- PNT’ course to the bottom comes to a halt, as most of its supporters fled to other parties. Garda de Fier’s grip on the government is increasing, even if the cabinet is still a rainbow coalition. Cabinet is seen as puppeted by extreme right’s influence, as the triumvirat of Codreanu, Gheorghe Tatarescu (Foreign Affairs Minister) and Antonescu gets more and more power. The street seems reluctant to react to this peaceful coup. Threat of bolshevism is seen as a far worst issue than the death of Democracy.

March 1938: Garda de Fier’s growing support allows the movement to spread its influence throughout Romania, even if it is seen, by many, as quite an unusual mass movement of interwar Europe. Garda de Fier’ ideas are, for the 1st time, summarized in a book called the "Provincia şi legionarismul" (The Province and Legionary Ideology).

April 1938: Garda de Fier, like its fascist counterparts in Europe, calls for a revolutionary "new man". The government, under the strong grip of Garda de Fier, promotes the idea of a national economy, rejecting capitalism as overly materialistic. As such, laws are enacted that allow the State to seize the possessions of foreigners known for bolshevism support. Hungarian, Bulgarian and Soviet citizens are affected by various fiscal measures intended to increase Romanian government revenue, and to control foreigners’ influence in the country. Trade with Communist countries is under government scrutiny, as more and more red tape is needed to be able to make transactions with such countries.

May 1938: The League of Nations tables its report on the Transylvanian issue. The League is favouring the Hungarian claims over Romania. Bulagria enters the dance with its own claim over Dobrudja region. Soviet ambassador raises issue over the Bessarabia still being a Romanian possession. Foreign Minister of Romania, Gheorghe Tatarescu, reacts by condemning those claims and warns Romanian neighbours that Romania intends to protect its territorial integrity: “Bessarabia, Dobrudja and Transylvania were, are and will be Romanian. This is our Nation”.

June 1938: After a virulent debate at the Parliament over the necessity of a spiritual resurrection of the Nation, the government appoints Horia Sima as Minister of Religious Affairs, a newly created function in the government. By willingly inserting strong elements of Orthodox Christianity into its political doctrine, to the point of becoming one of the rare modern European political movements with a religious ideological structure, Garda de Fier firmly distinguishes itself from other fascistic movements and, above all, from bolshevism and communism.

Horia Sima

Horia_Sima.jpg

July 1938: Conducãtor Antonescu 1st visit to Berlin and German High Command. After a meeting with Adolf Hitler, the Conducãtor assists to a demonstration of newly developed weapon by the Wermacht. Enthusiastic, Conducãtor Antonescu asks Caius Brediceanu, Minister of Armament, to launch studies on the development of a national mechanized force. “Fast and strong, they shall help Romania prevails against bolshevism’s threat”. New designs are suggested to the Minister of armament. War material agreements are signed with Germany.

August 1938: Adoption, by the Parliament, of the Greater Romania Policy. After a swift debate over territorial claims by foreign countries against Romania, the government agrees on a virulent answer to Hungarian (Northern Transylvania) and Bulgarian (Dobrudja region) claims. According to the Greater Romania Policy, Romania shall not agree to any partition of it territory. Also, Bulgaria and Hungary are seen as part of ancestral Romania and, as such, should be retaken. Quality of relations with Bulgaria and Hungary gradually decline. Ambassadors are recalled from both sides. Bulgaria and Hungary sign a Mutual Support Agreement, stating that they could provide military support to each other in case they would be subject of aggressive actions by another country.

The Greater Romania Policy

Romania_territory_during_20th_century.gif

September 1938: A giant march takes place in support of a war with the enemies of the Nation. People feel that a war is the only way for Romania to get it rights recognized by major powers and The League of Nations. During a military march, in the honor of the King, Codreanu openly threatens Hungary and Bulgaria of retaliation if they try to enforce The League of Nations recommendations’.

”The awakening of a fascist government in Romania could break the fragile equilibrium in the Balkans. By their actions, those people, arrogant and truly believing they are entrusted by God himself to enforce its kingdom in a region (Moldavia and Transylvania) that was seen, more than 400 years ago, as a wall against Muslims and others forces threatening the Catholic Church, could bring the World to a new war. We should not forget that Serbia, a small Balkans state, did trigger the last war. Be aware, History tends to repeat itself.”, reports the Daily Herald

Troops parading in the capital; Romania shows its strength to the World

parada-para.jpg

October 1938: Full economic mobilization I authorized by the government. “The power of a nation resides in its workers”, shout Codreanu at a crowd of more than 100 000 fascists supporters in Bucharest. Romanian GDP was increased by more than 100% over the last year. Factories highly benefit from Garda de Fier military policy.

A nation at work

800px-Helioshall1.jpg

s_w44_90813075.jpg

November 1938: The former “Divizie 5 Cavalerie” becomes the first fully motorized military unit in Romania. “A brilliant amalgam of foreign technology and national ingenuity, this division is the avenging sword Romania was waiting for!”, claims Chief of the Army, Marin Ceausu, during a fascist public gathering in Bessarabia. --- At the end of the month, the government is accused of electoral fraud by the PNT. The High Court denies the case as being unlawful. --- Major Powers accept the Munich Agreement, according to which Slovaquia is created.

Divizie 5 Cavalerie

R-35_Reg2_bucuresti_l.jpg

December 1938: Romanian leaders unveil the Romanian cross of Civilian Courage, to honor 2 Romanian citizens, who help the victims of Hindenburgh’s crash in New York, in May 1937. --- NDLR: Couldn't resist. Had to find a spot for this very nice picture.

The Hindenburg before its crash

s_w27_60808075.jpg

January 1939: The Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact is accepted by both Germany and USSR. Romanian ambassador in Berlin is recalled. Foreign Affairs Minister, Gheorghe Tataresu, sends a formal note of disapproval to Berlin. King Zog of Albania accepts Italian’s request and places Albania under Italy’s authority. King Zog resigns and flees to Greece.

Japan’s Rise among the Major Powers
Buna Vestire
1937-1938

September 1937: China surrenders to Japan. As a result, the whole Eastern coast is occupied by Japan. Kuomintang’s grip over China is in danger. Tchang Kaï-chek is reported as having fled the country. Japan joins the Axis.

October 1937: Guanxi Clique surrenders to Japan. New-Zeland joins the Allies and denounces Japan’s aggressive actions against free nations.

May 1938: Communist China surrenders to Japan. Moscow reacts by condemning Japan and recalls its ambassador. There are no more diplomatic relations between USSR and Japan.

June 1938: Japan declares war to Yunnan, for supporting rebellious factions in former China. Australia denounces these actions and joins the Allies.

January 1939: After 6 months of campaign, Yunnan’s People Revolutionary Army still stands in the way of Japan.

Last edited:
The Italian government mourns the tragic loss of life in what is becoming known as the 2nd Sino-Japanese conflict. The Italian people are happy to see a peace restored in the region, and hope that this one will be long lasting and finally end the perpetual grudge match between this two nations.

The Italian government would also like to clarify that its repossession of the Albania territory was a peaceful measure designed to prevent further bloodshed in the Balkans. It had become clear to any rational observer that King Zog was bent on warmongering in the region and had his Bolshevik agents attempting to incite chaos in other Balkan nations. They appeared to have a moderate amount of success in the governments of Yugoslavia and Bulgaria, and this was worrying to the common man in the balkans. It was in their interest that Italy acted to remove the illegitimate government of Zog and reinstitute Italian control in the area, a right secured by centuries of Italian influence and investment in the region. It is our fervent wish that the remaining sensible members of the Yugoslavian and Bulgarian governments act swiftly and without impunity against the Communist agents in their countries.

Lastly, the people of Italy affirm with their German brethern the right to be united with members of their people separated by the arbitrary boundries drawn by the imperialist powers after the Great War. We were once a divided people, used by the imperialists in Paris and London, to war against each other. This was in an ultimately vain attempt to keep the Italian people from uniting together to restore the greatness of the Roman Empire. No longer will we acquiese to the Parisian/London communist rabble that seek to do nothing but sown division and discord against any people that dare stand against their aggressive economic and political manipulations.

Signed,
Il Douche (on behalf of all Italians)

I do chuckle whenever I see someone type that. It is not an original, I freely admit the name was not first created by me...

YEAH !
Viva Photobucket !

All pcitures in post were upgraded !

Soon an update as we played our session 3.