• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
P.S.: shouldn't Benden's last post be edited, according to forum rules?
Damn, Titan79 you're right! I didn't notice this big svatiska in the background!!:eek:o
I only verified that GER's flag was safe; now I'm going to cut the wrong part of the pic and upload one according to forum's rules...

Damn, Titan79 you're right! I didn't notice this big svatiska in the background!!
I only verified that GER's flag was safe; now I'm going to cut the wrong part of the pic and upload one according to forum's rules...
Don't worry, I just thought I'd better warn you before a Mod did ;) .

Yeah, sometimes we spot little details while the big picture eludes us. This is all the more true even for many events from real life...

Fernando Torres said:
-25% IC is absolutely huge!!
yes i know. the problem is that both IC and TC are linked to each other and the "transport minister" should generate higher TC as the admin genius for instance.

these are ingame numbers:
Armaments minister Blomberg, no dissent, no slider moves
374 TC 162/150 IC
Armaments minister Dorpmüller, no dissent, no slider moves
437 TC 126/150 IC

the idea is that the country uses its waggons and other transport facilities for the armed forces, so the economical stuff suffers a lot.

Titan79 said:
Congrats, bestmajor, you're proving yourself again and again to be an unflagging modder...
thanks, mate. i know somebody else who seems to be like-minded:)

EDIT: btw i need some help with this one, its crashing.
always when i go to ar with the poles i get a CTD (the danzig event but also with a "manual" DoW). i never touched the polish files nor events except the absolutely necessary ones. i even changed some leaders IDs, so the german leaders use IDs from 1 - 1135, used the origianl ministers - alays a CTD hen GER DoWs POL.

Last edited:
Event Wilhelm II passes away: the dissent penalty of 4 is huge for a nazi Germany which is certainly at war when it occurs!!
This penalty should only be applied to a more democratic country (not NS, FA, LE or ST)...

yes i'm a bit surprised myself... maybe make it 3 or 2. on the other hand ai is usually good in dissent reduction.

Event Wilhelm II passes away: the dissent penalty of 4 is huge for a nazi Germany which is certainly at war when it occurs!!
This penalty should only be applied to a more democratic country (not NS, FA, LE or ST)...

Actually the NS had lot of supporters of restoring monarchism and they would be really sad when the Kaiser dies. So this is at least for non leftist Governments not as unrealistic as you think.

Actually the NS had lot of supporters of restoring monarchism and they would be really sad when the Kaiser dies. So this is at least for non leftist Governments not as unrealistic as you think.
think the major argument is when at war. certainly willy2 was more PA than SL. so i think 2 is ok.

added some ills and province pics. file contains now

- appr 1700 leader pics in colour for Germany, 2 for Danzig
- 99 pics in colour for german divisions and brigades
- corrected Anschluss decision
- slightly modified german Tech Teams (especially submariners after Dönitz)
- Skins DH - style for almost all major nations (sidebar eng missing, though)
- and some other little tweaks, mostly gfx

file is called "Darkest Hour in colour GER.rar" and DL-link can be found in first post this thread.

added some ills and province pics. file contains now

- appr 1700 leader pics in colour for Germany, 2 for Danzig
- 99 pics in colour for german divisions and brigades
- corrected Anschluss decision
- slightly modified german Tech Teams (especially submariners after Dönitz)
- Skins DH - style for almost all major nations (sidebar eng missing, though)
- and some other little tweaks, mostly gfx

file is called "Darkest Hour in colour GER.rar" and DL-link can be found in first post this thread.
...oooh, only 2 pics for Danzig leaders..?

You're such a letdown, bestmajor.

:D :D :D

;)

CONGRATULATIONS - excellent work, keep it going!!!

Epaminondas said:
Downloading now major. Thankyou very much.
Today Danzig, tomorrow der welt or (das welt, or die welt, or zu welt - i can never get that right).
Welt is female, so "die". hope you like.

Titan79 said:
CONGRATULATIONS - excellent work, keep it going!!!
thanks!

Your more historic German leader csv makes quite a difference to play - especially early in the game. It ramps up the difficulty for an ambitious German player significantly.

I do think that at least a few air leaders should be available at initial setup in 1933 however. Brandenburg, Wilberg, Loerzer, Milch, and Bodenschatz (among others) were all available and in one way or another associated with the clandestine airforce at that time - so I don't think it would be 'ahistorical' to include them as potential combat leaders.

Last edited:
Your more historic German leader csv makes quite a difference to play - especially early in the game. It ramps up the difficulty for an ambitious German player significantly.

I do think that at least a few air leaders should be available at initial setup in 1933 however. Brandenburg, Wilberg, Loerzer, Milch, and Bodenschatz (among others) were all available and in one way or another associated with the clandestine airforce at that time - so I don't think it would be 'ahistorical' to include them as potential combat leaders.

well its a (very quick) conversion of my AoD stuff (1936 scenario). so i didnt add or tweak things for 1933.

of course if you do 1933 alone you could add a lot like Kaupisch and the ones you mentioned. just they will be there in 1936 as well.
Milch was only characterized Generlmajor in 1934, Wilberg came out of retirement to the Luftwffe in 34 (retired as a Heer Generalmajor in 32), Bodenschatz was Oberstleutnant or something similar in 1933. http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Personenregister/Dienstgrade/GdLw-R.htm

Loerzer could actually be possible as chairman of the Deutsche Luftsportverband

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutscher_Luftsportverband
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Air_Sports_Association

and maybe there are other plausible candidates as well if one follows that link (DLV could even be an early TT).

but its as i said a quick conversion from a 1936 scenario done in less than a handful of evenings.

and about the air forces in general: you'll always have trouble to find early ones (ie before the mid/late 30s). just look at the USA in CORE 1936 (if there havent been relevant changes in their latest versions).
air force guys in flag rank are difficult to get in the early years. submariners in flag rank even worse.

EDIT: but, if you play until the early 40s you will have a lot of good guys - in all branches :)

I think you've done a marvellous job for such a quick adaptation, but we're up against the limits of the system and it's reliance on rank here. Milch didn't make general rank until 1934 as you say, but in March 1933 he was head of Deutsche Lufthansa which was the primary organisation of the 'secret' airforce. Similarly, while Wilberg 'retired' in 1932 it was to take up the newly created post of Air Commissioner. Each of those positions was at least equivalent to Generalmajor rank. Bodenschatz, I'll agree, is more of a stretch, but if we have to cope with a system that sits Goering as CoS of the Luftwaffe I think we're entitled to make a little wriggle room for ourselves.

Not that I'm wishing this on you personally, but at some point someone is going to have to but together a better 1933 leader set. It's just that you're the one most capable of doing that.

well i'm not sure if i want to continue working on 33 scenarios... both AoD and DH have a 36 scenario and thats actually work enough (and finding early air guys for eg SOV or CHI is something i dont want to do).

just in case you want to proceed, i'll attach a few notes for a 33 scenario. - i actually already made some pics of 1933 generals, they're only not in the DH project but somewhere in the main porject (sorry for confusion).

eg Heinrich Niehoff is there in full LW dress (shouldnt be confused with the other Niehoff).

i'm trying AoD with death dates enabled and i think searching late war guys will pay off more (a hell of a lot disappears between 1945 and 1951.. still enough, but i need more). the 1933 scenario is actually working well leaders wise, and in 1934 the first air force generals arrive, just a couple of months...