• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wildcat_PL

General
13 Badges
Dec 27, 2002
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • 500k Club
I just read description of Third Reich Mod, and I like the idea of modding english channel. It would be very good for the channel to be impassable untill the fall of France, so the subs could operate in the atlantic without passing trough this dangerous area. Now I've been thinking is such think possible? You can cross the channel only if you have troops/control :

east provinces: Mouth of Thames #2395 - Eastern English Channel #2412 IF you control Calais #18 OR Dover #20
west provinces: Western English Channel #2413 - Channel Approach #2414 IF you control Brest #32 OR Plymouth # 23

Is it possible to make two separate connections with different province as a "door"?

##############################################################################
# English Channel Canals
##############################################################################
2395 2412 Impassable 0 Mouth of Thames - Eastern English Channel
2395 2412 Canal 20 Canal via Dover
2395 2412 Canal 18 Canal via Calais
2413 2414 Impassable 0 Western English Channel - Channel Approach
2413 2414 Canal 23 Canal via Plymouth
2413 2414 Canal 32 Canal via Brest

When I add one more connection betweeen two already connected provinces the game shows only one. I think there is only one connection limit.

That's impossible as this file is only read once and not changeable via event. The channel was never impassable, just highly risky to pass (even with control of France).
The only option would be to impose a passage limit via .exe modification, similar to Bosporus but with two provinces (both friendly = block enemy shipping and convoys).

Thats why I like the change from Third Reich Mod. Because subs based in north Germany now go around UK, becasue of the clsoed channel. However after fall of france the provinces are german and the channel should open for germany in my proposition. But by then the subs operate from west France.
Thats why I would like the "Calais OR Dover" and "Brest OR Plymouth".

With channel control dependable only on english provinces, Germany can still transport fleet after fall of France - but province by province. (inland)

Is it just a display erro and the connections are actually working or do they not work at all?
BTW if you define connections via another province you'd better remove the impassable restriction as this may block any other connection.

Is surface combat still possible if two enemy fleets sit in the same canal ?

Because we connect sea provinces which have direct border we first have to disable the regular connection. Then we add a new one, which is a canal connection.
Now regular canal works different. fe. connection between hongkong and mainland china is a canal. If you have a british fleet in that seaprovince between japaneese cannot attack/move hongkong trough canal from mainland china. But if you make it opposite and make a canal between SEA provinces, army sitting in land province will block movement. So England holding troops will block entrance to the channel.

I'll have to check if this is not a display typo, because it only shows one connection. The easiest way is to rotate those two lines and check which connection is displayed.

Is surface combat still possible if two enemy fleets sit in the same canal ?
I don't understand a question?

EDIT:

It's quite possible that this is only a display error, because after fall of france both combatants can move fleets trough channel. However Ai chooses different paths. fe. from Mouth of Thames to Western English Channel around the island, but when you use shift button and force them to go trought Eastern English Channel everything works fine. I can send you the csv file if you wish to check it yourself.

Last edited: