• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

obsidian_razor

First Lieutenant
65 Badges
Sep 1, 2009
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sword of the Stars II
So, it's 1885 in my Haiti game, and the world is amusingly having a massive shortage of iron.

2500+ Iron supplied, 4500+ demanded...

This is so very odd...

Has anyone had this same problem?

It has basically paralyzed world industry, as you cannot build new factories without the thing...

There is also a massive lack of timber and coal... this seems to happen in all my games too...

The supply of iron/coal/timber dies and all industry in the world dies with it...

I wish this happened in my games

There is also a massive lack of timber and coal... this seems to happen in all my games too...

The supply of iron/coal/timber dies and all industry in the world dies with it...

That's wierd. I have never seen that happend before. Usually for me, it all ends up with to much coal and iron etc...

Since installing A House Divided this has been permanent in my games, not one game I've played didn't have this problem.

Also, building guard is impossible cause there is not enough silk production to manufacture that product...

Since installing A House Divided this has been permanent in my games, not one game I've played didn't have this problem.

Also, building guard is impossible cause there is not enough silk production to manufacture that product...

Odd. I've had shortages in some games, and they are usually attributable to specific causes.

If any major coal/iron producing power (Austria, Germany, or France) gets into a rebel-occupation cycle, the world will starve for those resources

Timber gets consumed in countless paper mills that are no longer turning a profit once efficiency gets high enough. If China or some other key timber producers get into the paper business, they can overconsume their own timber, leaving none for you.

Silk is finally a valuable item in the game! You need to annex or sphere a good source. If China unifies, though, you are out of luck. Civilized China will consume all silk it produces (as will civilized Japan) and push you out of the luxury clothes market. The only solution is to get to be #1 so you can suck up any excess silk on the market and hope for the best. But when this happens, there are usually enough luxury clothes on the market to build plenty of guards.

Odd. I've had shortages in some games, and they are usually attributable to specific causes.

If any major coal/iron producing power (Austria, Germany, or France) gets into a rebel-occupation cycle, the world will starve for those resources

Timber gets consumed in countless paper mills that are no longer turning a profit once efficiency gets high enough. If China or some other key timber producers get into the paper business, they can overconsume their own timber, leaving none for you.

Silk is finally a valuable item in the game! You need to annex or sphere a good source. If China unifies, though, you are out of luck. Civilized China will consume all silk it produces (as will civilized Japan) and push you out of the luxury clothes market. The only solution is to get to be #1 so you can suck up any excess silk on the market and hope for the best. But when this happens, there are usually enough luxury clothes on the market to build plenty of guards.
One thing I do at the start of most of my games is set the manual stockpile of Luxury clothes to 200 or so, that way when I come to build guards I don't have to wait.