• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(536154)

Sergeant
2 Badges
Aug 16, 2012
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
I'm pretty far into this game (1920) and end game rebels are a huge problem. I've been on a conquest spree for the past 20-30 years and have manages to rack up over a thousand infamy and a 240mil adult male population.
Now, I have some questions.
1. Are uprisings avoidable when you get to this stage and start mass conquests? If so how can you prevent or minimize them?
2. Is there any way to set your armies to hunt rebels and take land only after killing any rebels? I have to ally (sphere) 4 different nations and go to war just to help clean up rebels.
And on a slightly different topic:
3. Is there any way to set your armies to auto land grab or auto clean up (like with rebels) when you are at war? Its extremely annoying go to war with a county that has a lot of land then having to move 30+ separate brigades onto different patches of land.

Well, one question comes to mind: Really? Did you really expect to conquer 1 billion people and have no rebellions occur? This isn't HoI, you can't do stuff like that and not face the consequences.

Each point of infamy increase people Consciousness. So propably all minorities, and unhappy people have 10 -> always mean rebel,or twenty events per day:)

If you have AHD -> there is a red flag when you select army. When you push -> they will hunt rebels and try to recapture land. But they don't make suicide missions to catch 200k rebel, and move from Europe to Asia to hunt some partisans in jungle...

I did a world conquest with Russia once and I did not have much problems with rebellions. You don´t get more rebellions only because your empire gets bigger.

Find out why your POPs are unhappy. You are probably missing some basic recourses. As your empire grows you will consume huge quantities of recourses. So you will have to make sure that you have enough of the basic ones, like fruit. Especially if you have conquered China, since the POPs there will eat through the world market like grasshoppers, while only producing luxury recourses themselves.

I guess you also have a problem with overpopulation, if you have passed the healthcare reforms. If you have half the map, your healthcare reforms and population growth will affect half the map. And the game was not designed for such a huge, worldwide population boom.

But as I said before, it is possible to conquer the whole map without being swamped in rebels. Bigger does not necessarily mean more rebels. But you will always have a few minor rebellions here and there, since you can´t conquer the whole map without putting the world market out of balance.

just manage your empire well, keep infamy as low as possible and make sure your industry and goods production is working properly.

Currently playing Britain and i own the entirety of the Americas, half of Africa, all of India and the vast majority of the non-dutch oceanic regions and the only rebels i have are Anarcho Libs, who have less than 100k supporters and reactionaries, who have less than 50k supporters (out of a population of ~300million).

Every so often during a war other rebel factions will spring up, especially if you have high infamt peace conditions, but they'll disappear eventually.